Possible Haswell ES Leak

This is speculation upon an unverified ES sample. I'm not claiming it to be anything else, don't be hatin'.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Has...eak,20798.html

Haven't seen this posted here yet, so I figured I'd make a topic on it. Obviously this isn't 100% verified, but it does seem eerily legitimate considering it had a locked multiplier and an odd frequency of 2.8Ghz, kind of weird stuff to tack on to a made up chip if that was the case.

Anyways, it would be quite interesting if Intel ended up pulling an AMD with a step backwards (or even a sidestep in single core performance).
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully that's an i3!

Or even an i5 would be decent, but if it's the i7, those numbers would indeed, be disappointing.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Haswell isn't intended to be a major CPU performance increase but rather a performance increase for the iGPU. Remember, Haswell is still on 22nm manufacturing tech. Intel has said in the past that Haswell will be around a 10% increase over Ivybridge cpu-wise. If that CPU was at 2.8GHz and the 4770K will be 3.5, 10% will actually be a reasonable increase given these "possible" benchmarks.
    Last edited by Saithes; 2013-02-01 at 06:52 AM.