Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    The difference is that in a private insurance system, participation is voluntary.
    Participation in the health care market isn't voluntary. Everyone is going to. Its like saying participation in the food market is voluntary.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    That's not a risk you're taking. Its a risk that's being forced on you by a shitty system that was created by accident.
    And noone should be forced to have insurance either, but hey....
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

I am using "rich" to generally refer to people who are paying more into it than they are getting out of it. The majority pay much less into government than they get.

As for the second half of your question, I don't make a habit of validating people like yourself who mistakenly believe that my economic activities, including what I pay and get for health insurance, are your business.
    Well it's just funny watching people demonize socialized medicine and calling it a burden on society, but happily pay their insurance premiums.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

No the general attitude behind single payer is that it is a system that delivers quality care at a low price. Try to keep your personal bias out of it.
    Don't be naive. People want other people paying for their healthcare.

You're also being incredibly arbitrary. "its the job of government to protect rights! Except where I say so!"
    I'm drawing lines, something that most unrealistic government dependents are incapable of doing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    RE: Consitution
    Interesting, could you explain how the Constitution expresses that?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    RE: Consitution
    That's the Constitution that gives the government the power to raise taxes and create a national postal system?

The difference is that in a private insurance system, participation is voluntary.
    Until you get into a car accident and end up in the ER.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornainbow View Post
    So sad that when people are presented with facts they don't like they resort to ad hominem attacks.

The post linked is conservative, but its facts are correct.
    They have nothing else to say, so they insult.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Don't be naive. People want other people paying for their healthcare.
    I want a system that deliver care at a more affordable rate than the current one. At present the best performing model is a single payer one. Stop trying with the witch hunt and look at the numbers.

I'm drawing lines, something that most unrealistic government dependents are incapable of doing.
    Everyone is a government dependent. Rich, poor, middle class, we all need society and government is part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Well it's just funny watching people demonize socialized medicine and calling it a burden on society, but happily pay their insurance premiums.
    1. It's voluntary.

2. You pay based on the statistical value of your benefits and risk, not based on your income, which is how socialized medicine, supported by taxation, works. In other words you pay based on a calculable value of the product you're purchasing rather than paying a higher percentage of a higher income for the same care.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 05:42 AM ----------

Until you get into a car accident and end up in the ER.
    In my perfect world, government wouldn't pay for ER treatment. So, this particular inconsistency is not my fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone assumes that hospitals (both for profit and not for profit) are evil, mustachioed little villains that are out to get you.

They're not. They are a business, and they are ran as such, because at the end of the day, everyone who works there needs to be paid. Its no different than any other business out there in that sense.

Wait I don't think I'm understanding this. In 2016 a family of four is going to pay $20,000 on average for Health Insurance. I make $12 an hour right now, working 28 hours a week while being a student. That's more than my entire yearly income, how are most families supposed to pay for this? That's like me working just to get Health Insurance, that we rarely use. Fuck you U.S.A.

I have payed (as has my employer) much more into my health insurance premiums than I have gotten out of it (Bronchitus and gouging our a chunk of my big toe on an escalator (dont ask)) don't add up to more than ~6,000 per year over 10 years. Yet I am for a single payer nationalized healthcare system.

McCarthy is possibly the most influencial US politician ever, and it saddens me.

Everyone is a government dependent. Rich, poor, middle class, we all need society and government is part of that.
    The important word of my message was unrealistic, but I'm guessing you're going to pretend I didn't tell you that so that you can continue with an unrelated straw man again.

1. It's voluntary.
    See above.

2. You pay based on the statistical value of your benefits and risk, not based on your income, which is how socialized medicine, supported by taxation, works. In other words you pay based on a calculable value of the product you're purchasing rather than paying a higher percentage of a higher income for the same care.
    This would make sense if my taxes went to only health care and nothing else.

In my perfect world, government wouldn't pay for ER treatment. So, this particular inconsistency is not my fault.
    Also see above, the government doesn't foot the bill. Hospitals raise costs accordingly over time, in turn causing insurance companies to raise premiums for their clients. The insured already pay for the uninsured.

I want a system that deliver care at a more affordable rate than the current one. At present the best performing model is a single payer one. Stop trying with the witch hunt and look at the numbers.

and still your kind passed something called the "affordable health care act".

Are you admitting it won't be?
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    McCarthy is possibly the most influencial US politician ever, and it saddens me.
    It's damn impressive what he did in its own fucked up way.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

The important word of my message was unrealistic, but I'm guessing you're going to pretend I didn't tell you that so that you can continue with an unrelated straw man again.
    Yeah sorry, if you want to play No True Dependent I'm not going to do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tjaeden View Post
    Even if these numbers are true - I'm not seeing a problem. People need to have health insurance - and it needs to be paid for.
    I don't even make that much net pay a year at my job ($20,000). I work 48 hours a week most of the time as well. The cost of living here is also very small, so the wage I make is justifiable.

So if I didn't have health insurance, I'd have to pay money I didn't have to the point of bankruptcy?

Lol.

Think I may start going republican, I was border line for years.
    Last edited by Zafire; 2013-02-01 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExLancer View Post
    Wait I don't think I'm understanding this. In 2016 a family of four is going to pay $20,000 on average for Health Insurance. I make $12 an hour right now, working 28 hours a week while being a student. That's more than my entire yearly income, how are most families supposed to pay for this? That's like me working just to get Health Insurance, that we rarely use. Fuck you U.S.A.
    They'll eventually push the costs onto the government - i.e. onto the rich and/or add it to the debt.