Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If you want to get technical, it really depends on Blizzard and where they take the lore to.

Kael'thas is an example.

Input the words " XXXX was merely a setback" and anything can still be alive.

Edit: beat me to it haha

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    "XXX was merely a setback"

That sentence means that basically every enemy in WoW is potentially immortal.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys love buying the Old God's propaganda don't you.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    Which is mostly a quote based on speculation, what the actual text says is : "When the Usurpers came, the ones you call Titans, Y'Shaarj was destroyed.".
    Being destroyed in a physical form is different from being slain.
    I agree that destroyed in physical form is different from being slain. That may be the case with C'thun and Yogg-Saron. MAYBE.

But not the case of Y'shaarj. The devs confirmed he is 100% dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    We know Old Gods can be killed and Knaak's crap about them bringing Sargeras to his knees yadda yadda in the Sundering is just as half-assed and ridiculous as a time travelling orc being venerated as a hero of the Kal'dorei 10000 years before Orcs screamed into Ashenvale, seemingly forgotten in the immortal mind of Tyrande.

Y'shaaj, old god, Y'shaarj slain. Ra-den and the Mogu brought him and his mantid army down and Ra-den isn't even a Titan but power on par with the Keepers of Ulduar. Certainly no Pantheon member. But the spirit or what have you of Old Gods (like the Sha) can continue to be a malevolent force and they aren't removed without destroying the world and re-originating it. It's not so much a question of whether Yogg and C'thun are dead but rather what kind of malevolent force was released by their deaths, just like the death of Y'shaarj.
    Ra'den and the Mogu were sent to guard the remains of Y'shaaj, they did not kill him. This was told in one of the audio files and also in some riddle that was a purpose of a different thread. They also said he was a Titan keeper, not a Titanic keeper and the way Wrathion was talking about Lei'Shen having the essence of a Titans makes me think Ra'den is a Titan.

During the riddle it is stated the Storm killed Y'shaaj(The Titans being the storm) and the Thunder and the stone(Ra'den and the Mogu) came and fought his minions, the Mantid.
    Last edited by TheAmazingFeedz; 2013-02-02 at 09:31 PM.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    You guys love buying the Old God's propaganda don't you.
    Just like you have eaten light propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Med'an as the orc draenei human that ascended to another plane? I wasn't aware he was in lore? What's your source?
    it all happened in the warcraft comic
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by TidesOfBlood View Post
    If you want to get technical, it really depends on Blizzard and where they take the lore to.

Kael'thas is an example.

Input the words " XXXX was merely a setback" and anything can still be alive.

Edit: beat me to it haha
    Except you knew Kael'thas was alive at the end of TK he broadcasts all over Shattrath when you turn in the quest.

He lives, though I doubt he'll come back during WoW's time. Cause it'll be damn silly if he does.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Ive always understood killing the old god that we fight we are killing the brain of the old god

So pretty much Babylon 5s Vorlons and Shadows races are to WOWs Titans and Old ones???

Quote Originally Posted by Blarglord69 View Post
    Ive always understood killing the old god that we fight we are killing the brain of the old god
    as far as we know, we could be fighting against the outie bellybutton of c'thun.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

as long as azeroth exist its old gods will do

The lore is very messed up currently when it comes to the Old Gods, it has been retconned so many times its not funny anymore.

Currently, Old Gods deaths comes with a very high price tag.. which makes them close to immortal.

Oh.. and they need some super powerful beings to pwn them.. we mere "Heroes" wont cut it.. not yet anyways!

Then you have something like
    Ywaq maq oou; ywaq maq ssaggh. Ywaq ma shg'fhn.

Which transtales to:
    They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle.
    Herald_Volazj
    Warlocks get buffed ONE TIME and suddenly developers are getting fired over it...

10+ Year Old Account
    If we kill the Old gods... Completely. Bad stuff happens. Like the Sha.
    Last edited by L-P-R; 2013-02-02 at 10:45 PM.

Made by the fabulous i4ni <3

Deleted
    I think that Yogg-Saron has been neutralised, he's not dead but we destroyed his mind, along with his brain, he's inactive but his "corpse" is still alive.
    But that's only a supposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    I agree that destroyed in physical form is different from being slain. That may be the case with C'thun and Yogg-Saron. MAYBE.

But not the case of Y'shaarj. The devs confirmed he is 100% dead.
    Do you have the Blue post? cuz at the End of the Klaxxi they have Eggs of something and basically tell you when he come back your either with the Klaxxi or against them >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Layam View Post
    Except you knew Kael'thas was alive at the end of TK he broadcasts all over Shattrath when you turn in the quest.
    That what I was trying to get at. All Blizz has to do is just input something whether it was dialogue or quest in order pave out the course of the lore. Despite looting the dead body (or is it even dead?), no figure in the warcraft universe can be "dead".

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, one of the biggest questions I have is if C'Thun and Yogg-Saron are merely slightly dead, in which case they could possibly regenerate and return, or really dead like Y'Shaarj, in which case I wonder what has been unleashed by their deaths...

Deleted
    Titans couldn't even kill the weakest old gods, Yshaarj (apparently) is the strongest and biggest (body has the size of pandaria, yes pandaria floats on yshaarj) old god out of them all, so I doubt the titans destroyed him, just like players didn't destroy chtun or yogg (we simply put them into a dormant state, which will take them a long time to get out of). For all we know yshaarj could have just been a part of that same old god, and he's planning revenge for losing his 'tentacle-brain-entity-thing'.

We'll have to see in the future, we might not even face this old god untill a very late expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Titans couldn't even kill the weakest old gods, Yshaarj (apparently) is the strongest and biggest (body has the size of pandaria, yes pandaria floats on yshaarj) old god out of them all, so I doubt the titans destroyed him, just like players didn't destroy chtun or yogg (we simply put them into a dormant state, which will take them a long time to get out of). For all we know yshaarj could have just been a part of that same old god, and he's planning revenge for losing his 'tentacle-brain-entity-thing'.

We'll have to see in the future, we might not even face this old god untill a very late expansion.
    except Yshaarj is completely dead..... His death had some super annoying effect though. Titans intentionally spared old gods's lifes and imprisioned them.