10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't recommend her because she's not really what you described but one of my favorite solo artists just in general and definitley my favorite Chinese singer is GEM, will link one of her slower songs I guess and maybe you'll like that:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzzul2fmufI

and on the off chance you like it also try her other stuff, i.e the reason I love her.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C117NWgCJ88
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gaB9ov-Om0

What do people here think of her?

Thanks @Anakso @Migari and @Skinny Red! I have listened to every single one of the songs listed and loved all! Specially Alan, Gem and Ceng Yan! Looking forward for more songs of them! <3

I have started searching too and found this 2 beautiful songs but i don't know the singers. Anyone could help with it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post

I never had heard of her but now i'm in love with her hehe (i have a huge weak spot for women with short hair <3). I listened to this song you linked and to "Tell me Why" and "Big girls don't cry" and she have such a strong and beautiful voice!

If you could link more of her songs i would be happy <3

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquila View Post
    Guys, i'm trying to get into Chinese pop music for the first time, what do you guys recommend? What i like is female vocal with sweet voice and slow paced song.
    Hello, do you like Mandarin or Cantonese music. Cantonese music is almost always slow paced ballads and I can link you a bit of that.

Quote Originally Posted by obake1 View Post
    Hello, do you like Mandarin or Cantonese music. Cantonese music is almost always slow paced ballads and I can link you a bit of that.
    Being honest with you i can't tell the difference between Mandarin and Cantonese. But i'm open to any slow pace beautiful song you can link <3 Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account

The only viet music I've listened to before was this girl

And specifically just that song, I downloaded an album from her after hearing that but didn't like the album much :<

I will check out that girl you linked though, that song was quite good.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being honest with you i can't tell the difference between Mandarin and Cantonese. But i'm open to any slow pace beautiful song you can link <3 Thanks in advance!
    Back in college I listened to Chinese music almost exclusively for a few years, but what I find to my liking is not everyone's cup of tea. Some of these are main themes/sub themes (slow, ballad-ish, soft rock songs) from a lot of Chinese TV dramas and movies that I used to binge watch 20-40 eps in a week when I had a lot of free time. I also can't tell you what most of these titles mean because I can't read Chinese, but I can tell you who it's by :P

A lot of these are sung by actors which I would not consider singing their strong point because almost everyone in the HK entertainment industry that acts attempts to sing and vice versa, so it's probably auto tuned out the ass and there are very few people that are good in both areas...but hey I like how the songs sound and it's nice I don't need to read lyrics to understand the song. There are very few female singers I would consider legitimately good singers in the Chinese music industry (I would consider GEM the best by far out of this current generation), but here's some songs I like. Some of these are sung by male singers as well and almost all of these are Cantonese:

Joey Yung - 連續劇 (Joey Yung is a singer, not an actress)
    Niki Chow - 心變
    Raymond Lam - 幼稚完
    Raymond Lam & Eva Huang - Promise (this is from the movie, The Sorcerer and the White Snake. This song is in Mandarin)
    Alfred Hui - 我的離開也是愛
    Kary Ng - 座右銘
    Kary Ng - 明知做戲
    Alex Fong & Stephy Tang - 十分.愛
    Elanne Kong - Hand Print
    GEM - 有心人 (this is a cover of a classic song)
    GEM - 喜歡你 (another cover of a classic song)
    GEM - Tornado (this is also a cover of a famous Jay Chou song, in Taiwanese)

Can't help you with the two videos you linked though, I have no idea who they are...

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I will check out that girl you linked though, that song was quite good.
    This is her best song I think.

Maybe you would like this too?

Last edited by Katie N; 2016-05-08 at 11:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is her best song I think.

[video=youtube;tIevzRhfkMg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIevzRhfkMg[video]

Maybe you would like this too?

[video=youtube;MUgHEROmfKs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUgHEROmfKsvideo]
    Didn't like those as much but the 2nd one is pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by obake1 View Post
    Back in college I listened to Chinese music almost exclusively for a few years, but what I find to my liking is not everyone's cup of tea. Some of these are main themes/sub themes (slow, ballad-ish, soft rock songs) from a lot of Chinese TV dramas and movies that I used to binge watch 20-40 eps in a week when I had a lot of free time. I also can't tell you what most of these titles mean because I can't read Chinese, but I can tell you who it's by :P

A lot of these are sung by actors which I would not consider singing their strong point because almost everyone in the HK entertainment industry that acts attempts to sing and vice versa, so it's probably auto tuned out the ass and there are very few people that are good in both areas...but hey I like how the songs sound and it's nice I don't need to read lyrics to understand the song. There are very few female singers I would consider legitimately good singers in the Chinese music industry (I would consider GEM the best by far out of this current generation), but here's some songs I like. Some of these are sung by male singers as well and almost all of these are Cantonese:

Joey Yung - 連續劇 (Joey Yung is a singer, not an actress)
    Niki Chow - 心變
    Raymond Lam - 幼稚完
    Raymond Lam & Eva Huang - Promise (this is from the movie, The Sorcerer and the White Snake. This song is in Mandarin)
    Alfred Hui - 我的離開也是愛
    Kary Ng - 座右銘
    Kary Ng - 明知做戲
    Alex Fong & Stephy Tang - 十分.愛
    Elanne Kong - Hand Print
    GEM - 有心人 (this is a cover of a classic song)
    GEM - 喜歡你 (another cover of a classic song)
    GEM - Tornado (this is also a cover of a famous Jay Chou song, in Taiwanese)

Can't help you with the two videos you linked though, I have no idea who they are...
    You linked 3 GEM songs but none of her own actual song :<

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway here is another, I only really listen to 2 Chinese artists, GEM is the only one I'd say I'm a fan of but I do like Jolin Tsai a bit too so maybe try her

but a lot more fast paced than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Didn't like those as much but the 2nd one is pretty good.

You linked 3 GEM songs but none of her own actual song :<

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway here is another, I only really listen to 2 Chinese artists, GEM is the only one I'd say I'm a fan of but I do like Jolin Tsai a bit too so maybe try her

but a lot more fast paced than the others.
    Wooow really liked Jolin Tsai! She is my favorite so far! Now its my turn to go looking for more GEM, Jolin Tsai and Alan songs <3 Thanks for all the suggestions guys, they have been all top notch.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wooow really liked Jolin Tsai! She is my favorite so far! Now its my turn to go looking for more GEM, Jolin Tsai and Alan songs <3 Thanks for all the suggestions guys, they have been all top notch.
    Easy to find GEM stuff, she/her company posts all of it on her official youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GEMblog

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa Hebe Tien is S.H.E? The name Hebe Tien seems familiar so I think I prob have her on my itunes but may not have listened to her, S.H.E is a group I forgot though. I listen to one song from them, think I've heard others that are okay but the only one I really like is Shero

Another this just reminded me of because she's not on the site I use for music so she's not on my itunes, is Rosie. She's pretty great as well
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q6D0wMX_H0

Deleted
    Cheer! Am I the the only one who think K-CON are the best?

10+ Year Old Account
    The best convention? It's the only one I've been to so I guess I agree! But the way you phrased it makes me believe you meant a group, maybe iKON?
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao.

I wish they had K-Con here, then I'd agree. It can't be the best if it's not here :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    That makes even less sense though because iKon sucks
    Bobby will be your new bias once you get back into korean boys after Kai betrayed you, calling it!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I love Japanese music, most favorable one genre is the OST from anime, every time I bought soundtrack dvd, I just backup dvd to dropbox and recommend them again and again to my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anime OST would be the first Asian Music I heard, long before I got into Kpop or Jpop. My favorite one from back then is one I still listen to occasionally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strangely, my favorite OST song from an anime, i fell in love with the song before i knew it was from an anime.