10+ Year Old Account
    Aw well that's disappointing but okay.

Is it the guy in 4minutes heart to heart or someone else? Because tbh I don't even know who the other members are I just know Yonghwa and that guy because I've seen him pop up in some MVs.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to watch Boys Over Flowers, I would suggest watching the Japanese one instead. I found that to be much better than the Korean and Taiwanese counterparts. I'm sure the plot is roughly the same for all versions with slight variations here and there, but it's basically about a poor commoner girl that goes to a school full of rich kids. 4 rich dudes run the school and do whatever they want and no one gets in their way, except the commoner girl. That eventually leads into them becoming friends eventually and she falls for the leader but his mom disapproves because she's poor.

Are you looking for sad as fuck dramas, cuz I can recommend those, although most of them are quite old like early-mid 2000s since the last time I watched a KDrama in entirety. Saddest drama ever for me is still the JDrama, 1 Litre of Tears, followed by Taiyou no Uta (I think there's a Korean version, but it's a musical and I remember Taeyeon was the main lead in that) Nothing really has ever topped 1 Litre of Tears though...that one actually made me cry. I can watch sad kdramas that everyone says is super sad, but in the end, I'm just like...yeah that was really sad, but I don't feel sad.

Pesonally, I actually prefer Japanese dramas over most Korean or Chinese dramas simply because they're too long. I think the average length is like 20 episodes and a lot of times some episodes just drag on with filler plot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm most of the Kdramas I've been looking up are around 16episodes or so. School 2015 definitley didn't drag on at all it felt like it was exactly as long as it needed to be
    Although mask that I just started is 20 but most I've looked at watching are 15 or 16 I think.

Think I'll stick to Kdramas for now tbh, how long as Jdramas anyway?

- - - Updated - - -

I found a drama I might like. I got confused just reading the plot! It sounds really complicated like School 2015s plot so that's good.

Went to the comments to see what people were saying and top comment is
    "Anyone else black out while trying to understand that synopsis?" rofl!
    Sounds like it might be sad too.

Have yous seen My Daughter, Geum Sa Wol Pistol?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    JDramas are usually like 8-12 roughly, which I feel is good.

I would recommend Stairway to Heaven and Winter Sonata. Those are both really sad. Choi Ji Woo is the lead in both and she's an excellent actress.
    Last edited by obake1; 2015-09-25 at 08:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm from 2002 and 2003. Do you think they'll still hold up? Because if you look at Kpop MVs from that time period they really don't hold up in any way shape or form so a bit hesitant. Will prob give them a try but later

Can't try too many things currently because I've got assignments to work on and stuff, once the semester is over though I can start branching out and trying lots of dramas to see what I like Since I have limited time now though I'm trying to stick with things I know I'll like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Aw well that's disappointing but okay.

Is it the guy in 4minutes heart to heart or someone else? Because tbh I don't even know who the other members are I just know Yonghwa and that guy because I've seen him pop up in some MVs.
    Uhh.. isn't that also Yonghwa? D: e: apparently not, but damn they look similar

This is the guy, in The Heirs he's in a relationship with krystal and they're super adorable together.
    Last edited by BHD; 2015-09-25 at 09:14 AM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hm..idk can't really compare to MVs I think because those have no real plot to them. Those two kdramas still rank up there on my list, even though they're well over 10 years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    Uhh.. isn't that also Yonghwa? D: e: apparently not, but damn they look similar

This is the guy, in The Heirs he's in a relationship with krystal and they're super adorable together.
    What? No! I don't know his name but he's def not Yonghwa D;

I don't even recognize that other guy so he's not one of the two I know then

I personally couldn't watch Heirs. Too much melodrama even for a KDrama. Watched it for Krystal and Shin Hye. Krystal is paired with CNBlue's Minhyuk and she doesn't have a major role to play but her acting is pretty good. Minhyuk and Krystal actually were a pretty cute couple. But all Shin Hye does is cry. Her acting is really good don't get me wrong but I couldn't watch more than 7-8 episodes. Kim Woo Bin does a really good job too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too much melodrama? Sounds like my kind of show ;]

How far are you with School 2015?

3 episodes now. Got swamped with work earlier so I couldn't watch any.
    Bad refers to skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah okay. Are you liking it after 3 episodes? Since you got a bit turned off by the cliche twin thing

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds pretty awesome! Can't wait to finish this semester and continue that

I still think it would help a lot to pick out the words you know in a more natural conversation and where you don't know all the words like a drama, like School 2015 It will also help you pick out other new words. Also I just want you to try school 2015 to see what you think of it
    Well, I'm still not sure...for two reasons. Rosetta Stone is structured to be like taking a class in an order that helps you learn/remember things better and learn a language faster than trying to teach yourself otherwise. Also, the speaking portion is extremely helpful to me in both learning pronunciation and helping me remember things. I could watch a drama and hear them saying the words, but I still wouldn't be saying them myself, or reading them and seeing how they're spelled. I might give one a try just to see if I thought it would help, but I'm not sure a high school drama is really my thing.

I saw this this morning and found it amusing. 16 idols who will be great fathers! Let's make 5 of them VIXX members...LOL. I mean, we all knew Leo would be on there, but really?!
    http://www.koreaboo.com/interactive/...rfect-daddies/

Also this, because seeing both Netizen and Facebook comments, I can see that true idiocy is alive all over the world. The sarcasm/joke went over like 90%+ of the commenters heads.
    http://www.koreaboo.com/news/2pms-ta...quest-sajaegi/

Then there was this that I found interesting from reddit. Someone did a study for college on how age affects music choices in Korea. I found it informative. And mine is one of the most upvoted comments there so I guess people must agree, heh.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/kpop/commen...n_korea_about/

- - - Updated - - -

Also, here's part 2 for you, Anakso.

Last edited by Rivellana; 2015-09-25 at 12:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I know people do learn to speak languages by watching dramas. You won't naturally say them back from just watching but if you want to learn them you'd remember them and say them back I met a girl in my first year of Uni that spoke Japanese pretty well and she'd learned mostly through Jdramas, she'd just write down words as she heard them in the dramas and learn the definitions and practice using them

As for that make up one, didn't think I'd like the make up one that much and I didn't xD Make ups not really my thing Look forward to the others though!

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the next one is food that one should be good. One after that is...I don't even know maybe clothing/hairstyle? Looks like he has a wig on anyway

Ah okay. Are you liking it after 3 episodes? Since you got a bit turned off by the cliche twin thing
    Let me watch 3 more and get back to you So far I have no opinion either way so that's a good thing
    Bad refers to skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha okay then For me if I don't like a show after 3 episodes I probably don't like the show, I usually either love shows right away or I don't like them.

Also Anakso if you want recomendations for variety then try watching '3 meals A Day'. It has Taecyeon in it.
    Bad refers to skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cooking show
    Might not like it since I don't really like cooking shows as done here anyway...will prob try later though since it has Taecyeon in it!

That's exactly what I thought when I first found it . But its hilarious, and the location they've shot it at is fucking beautiful. One day when I visit Korea that's one of the places on my 'Goto' list.
    Bad refers to skill.

Deleted
    Na would rather watch a good drama than one just for Kyrstal. Is it sad?

As for boys over flowers, what is with that scene then!
    It has some very sad moments, and it is definitely in the romantic drama genre - no comedy involved at all. I really liked it, but the general reception it got was kinda shaky. The drama's in-world is centred around an idol agency, if that helps?

No clue what scene in BOF they're talking about. Nothing sad about that show at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso
    Oh the Mi rae yoon OST with over 7m views is for Masters Sun. I remember seeing this MV when it came out and it's seems like the drama is pretty cool. Don't know the story behind it but I still love that "joo jung won, joo jung two" thing near the beginning. Seems cute. Does it seem like the kind of drama I'd like Pistol?
    Just finished watching that, actually. It's very good. I'm not sure if it's as sad as you'd like it. But it has ghosts! SPOOKY! not really

Have yous seen My Daughter, Geum Sa Wol Pistol?
    Saw the first episode. Nothing really caught my fancy. It's a 50 episode convoluted family drama. Honestly seems more like a soap than a drama.

will prob try later though since it has Taecyeon in it!
    Taecyeon is in quite a few dramas. Just look his name up on some drama wikis and you should see. He's been in one that's really good.

Did you already give up on Mask? Man, that's my favourite drama.
    Oh well. I can also recommend some of the JYJ dramas. Yoochun's The Girl Who Sees Smells is very good if you like crime stuff (Kim So-hyun plays Yoochun's little sister), and Jaejoong's Triangle is the best action oriented drama I've watched (Kim So-hyun plays the young version of the female lead). Triangle also has the best OST of any drama I've watched. That Ailee song tho.