Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Okay guys, soldiers are murderers. Let it be that every soldier in existence never existed, what a wonderfully primitive and backwards world we now live In!
    We are humans, we fight and have wars, even if they are grim ways to make progress, they are a staple of the evolution of society. So please, no moral debats on any of this war/army shit. Whatever country you live in has soldiers, if it didnt't, you probably wouldn't be living.
    without wars our civilization would be so much more advanced that we can't really imagine it.
    but you're right, in our current systems soldiers are necessary and yeah it must suck for this guys family/friends but why should we (aka all other people who don't know shit about this guy) mourn? none of our business. you can also cheer for the guy who killed him also none of your business.

Deleted
    Sickening, not the story itself but some of the responses in this thread.

The solider served my country well and I will mourn his loss.

I know doing so on this message board puts me in the minority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    No, Rich...those are opinions, because you don't agree it does not mean they are sickening since they have some merit to them. Not that I agree. I just hate how the newspost was written.

Deleted
    I think I read somewhere he might have been killed by a bounty hunter, but I can't confirm that. Anyway, did the Daily Fail have to be the harbinger of death? They're more to likely to start the article with "Famous US sniper killed by....rising house prices" or "tide of migrant workers".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    people like you make me sick
    i concur vehemently

but what do you expect, it is the internet. where nothing deserves praise, every tragedy is just an exaggeration, and everyone is immature and should grow the fuck up.

indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    No, Rich...those are opinions, because you don't agree it does not mean they are sickening since they have some merit to them. Not that I agree. I just hate how the newspost was written.
    I think that I know how I perceive something well enough to know that I don't need anyone to tell me how I am perceiving it.

I feel sorry for the family, I do. It's a terrible shame that this man was in danger, only to come home to find out he wasn't out of harms way.

With that said, I do find it ironic that he was killed point blank, and at a shooting range. Poor feller.

job: to kill people;
    employer: government;

job: to kill people;
    employer: third party;

so, whether you are good or bad just depends on who's signing your paycheck
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Calling him a murderer deserving of death is sickening to me, nothing anyone says to me will change my mind on this, the guy did his job and had bigger balls than the people here slagging him off.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrlae View Post
    without wars our civilization would be so much more advanced that we can't really imagine it.
    but you're right, in our current systems soldiers are necessary and yeah it must suck for this guys family/friends but why should we (aka all other people who don't know shit about this guy) mourn? none of our business. you can also cheer for the guy who killed him also none of your business.
    Really? So i guess the Roman empire, one of the biggest influences on Europe and the world in general, was founded by a bunch of people talking respectfully and laughing with eachother?
    Or the unification of Chinese states, which paved the way for previous Asian empires to prosper and become powerful, was all done over tea and
    biscuits?
    How about the foundation of America? Im sure the British, French and Natives would have achieved much by talking.

War isnt fun, and fighting isnt nice. But dont say that wars havent done anything good for humanity. Its during war technology and society in general advance at great speeds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simo Häyhä would say "150? that's cute".

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Calling him a murderer deserving of death is sickening to me, nothing anyone says to me will change my mind on this, the guy did his job and had bigger balls than the people here slagging him off.
    Let's assume for a moment that the guy who killed him was hired to do so. Was it OK then because that guy was doing his job?

I don't necessarily agree with the naysayers, but your argument is weak.

Deleted
    Im not even an american and i find the amount of disgusting kids in this thread really pathetic.

This man (along with others) risked their life to protect you and your country. And these retarded comments is how you repay them?

Each and everyone of these brats should be sent to iraq or somewhere similar and see what the real world is like and then sit here
    in front of their computer and act badass on the internet.

Pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Im not even an american and i find the amount of disgusting kids in this thread really pathetic.

This man (along with others) risked their life to protect you and your country. And these retarded comments is how you repay them?

Each and everyone of these brats should be sent to iraq or somewhere similar and see what the real world is like and then sit here

Pathetic!
    I've been to almost every country in the Middle East and North Africa.

What did he protect America against? Iraq was no threat to the United States. In fact, it was the opposite. It was a bulwark against radical Islamist sentiment in the region.

Deadliest sniper in US history? Thats cute http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4
    OnT: If you're the best, expect people hating you.
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post

Pathetic!
    And you say you're not acting badass by writing that post? War is stupid anyways, couldnt care less about the people that dies unless they are close friends/family to me.
    Last edited by pucko97; 2013-02-03 at 02:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    R.I.P.

He saved many lives.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Let's assume for a moment that the guy who killed him was hired to do so.Was it OK then because that guy was doing his job?

Who is arguing? I Simply made a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Let's assume for a moment that the guy who killed him was hired to do so. Was it OK then because that guy was doing his job?

The difference being:

Hitmen are illegal entities, performing murder as defined by law for independent contractors.

Soldiers are (arguably) professionally trained individuals whose job is ostensibly to protect the US (or their respective country) and it's interests. You can argue whether that's precisely what happens, but unless you have proof that this particular sniper obeyed war crime worthy orders, he was simply doing his perfectly internationally legal job.

OT: Shitty story, but want more info before I really comment. Motivation is a big part of what will spur my reaction.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Wtf... some people here. Soldiers are not murderers. If this happened to be the greatest sniper in German / Dutch / Swiss / Canadian history, nobody would say "Lol just one murderer less".

Those people, believe it or not, do defend your ass. You can't even fathom what would happen to you and your country if it wasn't for soldiers doing their job.

This being said, I feel sorry for him and his family.

But it makes me almost rage to read who killed him. What's up with the US and their veterans? This isn't the first story of some veteran who went crazy. Don't you guys do anything for those people... like mental support, medication, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    R.I.P.

He saved many lives.
    The problem is that he was a cog in a pointless killing machine that caused more deaths than he could possibly have saved with his actions.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 02:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    The difference being:

Hitmen are illegal entities, performing murder as defined by law for independent contractors.

Soldiers are (arguably) professionally trained individuals whose job is ostensibly to protect the US (or their respective country) and it's interests. You can argue whether that's precisely what happens, but unless you have proof that this particular sniper obeyed war crime worthy orders, he was simply doing his perfectly internationally legal job.

OT: Shitty story, but want more info before I really comment. Motivation is a big part of what will spur my reaction.
    The invasion of Iraq was illegal under international law, and do you really think that within Iraq shooting Iraqi citizens fell under the law?