Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I wouldn't, however Most people would definitely trade intelligence for good looks, don't be fooled by the politically correct answers on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I'm close to thinking about it these days.

I wonder what would happen to my memories of being forever alone..
    Funny you should ask...

My take? NEVER trade intelligence in. Why trade it when you can USE it?

How about using that intelligence to create beauty? That's my motto for this year... and things are going GREAT! ^_^

Never... EVER... trade in intelligence. Beauty can be created - just create it OVER TIME! Don't expect or desire overnight change... do what I'm doing, and make it your year-long project!

The best part? You're actually exercising your intelligence via making it a project! ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 5'8, very happy about my looks.. I think i'm quite smart.. I would be 6 ft but It doesn't bother me much, atleast i've never been shot down by a girl. Intelligence and confidence gets you further in life.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by Ret4resto View Post
    don't be fooled by the politically correct answers on here.
    Regardless of what reality seems to you, "politically correct" is not a byword for "answers Ret4resto doesn't like".

Deleted
    I'm tall, I'm about a 7-8/10 and I'm quite intelligent.

So, no.

I would gladly trade attractiveness for intelligence.

Would I ask the same for a woman I'm interested in?...I'm not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Beauty fades, intelligence...

well intelligence can fade too, alzheimer's, but it won't fade as fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    I am 5'8, very happy about my looks.. I think i'm quite smart.. I would be 6 ft but It doesn't bother me much, atleast i've never been shot down by a girl. Intelligence and confidence gets you further in life.
    You would be surprised by the advantages of good looks, people treat you better and you got off things you wouldnt otherwise.
    I got away with 150 missed classes in 1 year at highschool because of female teachers covering my ass (i was known to take week long vacations every now and then)
    Have been gifted stuff by female cashiers, and while i no longer drink i did have payed drinks sometimes.
    Im not "gorgeous" but above average, also fairly intelligent although admittedly im too lazy to use it most of the times and much prefer to derp around social events, but i learn much faster than most people, as such my hobby is to learn new skills every year actually :P

But yes, beauty is not everything, you can be very fulfilled by being an ogre, but it sure will be far harder.
    How many people are famous and rich out of looks alone? or gotten in jobs that would grant them such out of looks? big amount of actors/actresses got the job purely out of looks, musicians get far more chance of success if they look good and so forth.
    And being average is fine as well, that is why its called average.

In the end it all depends on what consists of success to you, you can be the happiest men/women while sweeping streets, a good job is by no means an assurance of joy or happiness or success

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 06:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Beauty fades, intelligence...

well intelligence can fade too, alzheimer's, but it won't fade as fast!
    it fades... but at what age? and depending on how you treat yourself... i have seen beautiful 60 year olds and pretty 70 year olds, it ... doesnt fade as much as people think, it wont be attractive enough to bang the universe (i doubt you would want that at 60 anyway) but it remains with you for a while.

Again, it depends on what people want.
    Intelligence isnt everything either, you can be highly intelligent and miserable.
    I believe both are of equal importance, but it is up to each person to decide what success is and what they want, only then, it makes a difference.
    Last edited by Kurioxan; 2013-02-05 at 06:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    You would be surprised by the advantages of good looks, people treat you better and you got off things you wouldnt otherwise.
    I got away with 150 missed classes in 1 year at highschool because of female teachers covering my ass (i was known to take week long vacations every now and then)
    Have been gifted stuff by female cashiers, and while i no longer drink i did have payed drinks sometimes.
    Im not "gorgeous" but above average, also fairly intelligent although admittedly im too lazy to use it most of the times and much prefer to derp around social events, but i learn much faster than most people, as such my hobby is to learn new skills every year actually :P

But yes, beauty is not everything, you can be very fulfilled by being an ogre, but it sure will be far harder.
    How many people are famous and rich out of looks alone? or gotten in jobs that would grant them such out of looks? big amount of actors/actresses got the job purely out of looks, musicians get far more chance of success if they look good and so forth.
    And being average is fine as well, that is why its called average.

In the end it all depends on what consists of success to you, you can be the happiest men/women while sweeping streets, a good job is by no means an assurance of joy or happiness or success
    I would agree that being handsome will allow succes to be achieved easier in some job fields. I did model as young for a local clothing shop, I do have it easy with women.. But life is more important than this, It did not achieve me anything to be proud of. I would rather work for big company that makes software but I was too busy getting drunk with my friends that only did hang out with guys who were popular at school, looking back I laugh at how pathetic I was at the time.

It can be nice at times to be good looking and will boost your confidence to shine in other areas. I would rather have been born average and working hard through university instead of being at my place playing soccer 7 times a week for average pay.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

I'd try get as close as possible to the intelligence cap and reforge everything else into beauty

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    I would agree that being handsome will allow succes to be achieved easier in some job fields. I did model as young for a local clothing shop, I do have it easy with women.. But life is more important than this, It did not achieve me anything to be proud of. I would rather work for big company that makes software but I was too busy getting drunk with my friends that only did hang out with guys who were popular at school, looking back I laugh at how pathetic I was at the time.

It can be nice at times to be good looking and will boost your confidence to shine in other areas. I would rather have been born average and working hard through university instead of being at my place playing soccer 7 times a week for average pay.
    Yeah that is true, your priorities and desires changed
    What was important changed, but intelligence is quite similar to beauty in that regard, it will give you an easier time, but unless you are working on stretching the limits of your field, hard work will accomplish the same, just a harder journey.

So really, its up to the person to decide what they want or work with what they have.

should have had a poll... and yes i totally would, in a heart beat.

Hell no. Beauty doesn't last nearly long enough to warrant such a trade.

Deleted
    I'd never really trade any of my traits for a trait that I do not possess.

10+ Year Old Account
    im middle of the road in terms of height would not trade intelligence for height or beauty.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy with how I look and I know fairly well how intelligent I am, I have no reason to change either. My opinion of those who would willingly trade intelligence away for their appearance is better left unsaid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    No, I'm happy with my intelligence and my looks to some extent.

how much intelligence are we talking about here?

Deleted
    We can't all be blessed with everything

Trust me, at 6'6", height definitely has its drawbacks. Intelligence is arbitrary and you can develop a lot of it on your own and beauty comes in lots of different forms, mostly when people feel comfortable in their own skin.

Deleted
    I find it interesting how you assume people can't be intelligent and good looking at the same time.