5.2 Currency Conversions

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Valor -> Justice

All Valor is converted to Justice

Justice -> Gold

Justice above the 4000 cap is converted to gold at a rate of 47 silver per point

Source
    But the current valor items aren't changing to cost justice. Unfortunate for me, because I didn't spend my valor before my sub ran out a week ago, which means I would have to sub just to buy the valor items before 5.2 if I don't want to waste them. I thought that their reducing of old valor items by 50% in 5.2 would have meant they weren't just converting valor points to justice. Oh well.

What are your thoughts on them changing valor to justice but not downgrading the soon to be old valor items?
    Last edited by Ineras; 2013-02-06 at 03:05 AM.

Only the currency is changing, but the 5.0 vp items will be 50-75% cheaper.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

But the current valor items aren't changing to cost justice. :/

This is what I don't get.
    JP is pretty much useless. It gets you nothing. The current JP gear is worse than the current 5 man heroic gear.
    Normally when we move from one tier to the next, the previous tiers valor gear becomes JP gear so you can buy at least someone decent outdated gear to help you get into the new tier. But not this time.

tier 12 hits, tier 11 VP gear is now JP gear
    tier 13 hits, tier 12 VP gear is now JP gear
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    This is what I don't get.
    JP is pretty much useless. It gets you nothing. The current JP gear is worse than the current 5 man heroic gear.
    yeah it gets you Pet battle stones in the patch! All the more worthwhile!

What I don't get is why anyone would use their Valor on this "cheaper" gear, instead of saving it up for all the new better valor gear. Am I missing something?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

This is the new model. For some reason we aren't supposed to buy gear with jp anymore. I guess the idea is that we will want to run the raid finder and old raids from the current xpac to get gear with the benefit of increases drop rates. I am wondering if people will even bother when they see that the method of catch up is only available once a week. It extends the play time needed to feel current if a player is to join midway through an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

What I don't get is why anyone would use their Valor on this "cheaper" gear, instead of saving it up for all the new better valor gear. Am I missing something?
    That's what I was thinking. Just wait until the next Tuesday and get a much better item.

I guess I could see people buying the cheaper gear if they want a quick iLvL boost to enter LFR, so I guess it's more for newer 90's and alts.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

The new shit is with a rep ONLY available in raids and not through any other means. Now that they've introduced a couple of other methods for daily reps if you don't have it by now you can get it pretty shortly. People will spend it on those because well they'll be hamstrung by the raid rep which is going to be slow as piss I gather. It's an improvement though, fuck dailies. Just not a very big one IMHO. Valor gear doesn't need to be gated behind anything, it's already slow as hell to accumulate as is.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-02-06 at 03:23 AM.

I guess I was thinking of two scenarios for this:

Scenario 1: Reduce old VP items' cost by 50% and don't convert VP when patch hits.

Scenario 2: Change old VP item's cost to JP and convert VP to JP.

After hearing about reducing the cost of old VP items, I was thinking that scenario 1 would happen and that I would be able to buy two old VP items with my VP instead of just 1 when the patch hit. Heh, guess risk vs. reward wasn't in my favor for that. I would have been fine with scenario 2 as well and would have used the JP that I got from the conversion to just buy an old VP piece after the patch.

But I guess in the end I wasn't thinking of the worst combination of the two scenarios; it's basically spend them before the patch or let them go to waste.

I really do worry if the expected rate of rep aquisition for the new factions is going to be SO slow compared to Valor gaining that they expect people will buy multiple valor items while they're waiting for their new reps to reach exalted.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    But the current valor items aren't changing to cost justice. Unfortunate for me, because I didn't spend my valor before my sub ran out a week ago, which means I would have to sub just to buy the valor items before 5.2 if I don't want to waste them. I thought that their reducing of old valor items by 50% in 5.2 would have meant they weren't just converting valor points to justice. Oh well.

What are your thoughts on them changing valor to justice but not downgrading the soon to be old valor items?
    they have always converted vp to jp and cp to hp on major patches.
    also 'oh no you has to sub 1 day before 5.2'

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    they have always converted vp to jp and cp to hp on major patches.
    Indeed, but they have also always converted the cost of the old VP items to JP when they've converted player VP to JP, hence why I was thinking it may have been different this time.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    also 'oh no you has to sub 1 day before 5.2'
    Really, it's just a case of bad timing as I had just unsubbed last week, and had I known about this I would have spent my VP before I had unsubbed. I realize it's a risk I took that didn't end up in my favor, heh.
    Last edited by Ineras; 2013-02-06 at 03:30 AM.

A valor to justice conversion is unnecessary. The fact that all the items are gated behind rep is painful enough.