Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People who genuinely think racials have THAT big an advantage are seriously overrated.

Not all the hardcore raid tanks switched to Tauren back when they had a stamina-buff racial. Some did, yes, but not all.

Racials nowadays are flavor.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Deleted
    I don't get all the "leave variety in game" posts. As if 5% extra dmg against beasts would affect ANYTHING atm. It's completely unnoticeable, but with 5.2 it will be.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 02:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    People who genuinely think racials have THAT big an advantage are seriously overrated.

Not all the hardcore raid tanks switched to Tauren back when they had a stamina-buff racial. Some did, yes, but not all.

Racials nowadays are flavor.
    5% bonus dmg to certain raid bosses =/= some stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    so why shouldn't we when were put at a 5% disadvantage or need multiple silences in a 10 man when horde can just have 4-5 blood elfs.

Well, firstly, horde raids aren't (can't be) made up entirely of trolls - so that's out. Also, any troll healers will have their racial effectively nullified. So let's say half the horde raid are trolls. (Hypothetically - this could be more, it could be less.) In a ten man, one of these trolls are healers. One is a tank. That leaves four trolls doing 5% more dps (one of whom is a tank). Overall, this raid is doing.... (math's time!)

( 105% x 4 (4 trolls) + 100% x 4 (non trolls) ) / 8 people doing dps = 102.5% dps. So, even in a very troll heavy raid, the increase in DPS isn't anywhere near 5%!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyaelan View Post
    Well, firstly, horde raids aren't (can't be) made up entirely of trolls - so that's out. Also, any troll healers will have their racial effectively nullified. So let's say half the horde raid are trolls. (Hypothetically - this could be more, it could be less.) In a ten man, one of these trolls are healers. One is a tank. That leaves four trolls doing 5% more dps (one of whom is a tank). Overall, this raid is doing.... (math's time!)

( 105% x 4 (4 trolls) + 100% x 4 (non trolls) ) / 8 people doing dps = 102.5% dps. So, even in a very troll heavy raid, the increase in DPS isn't anywhere near 5%!
    1) They can be. Last time I checked paladins weren't mandatory.

2) Let's take your number: 2.5% overall dps increase. HUGE in a cutting edge progression guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha. Can't wait to see world first 25HC with 25 Trolls in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    3, maximum 4 out of 13.

Jin'rokh the Breaker - Humanoid
    Horridon - Beast
    Council of Elders - Humanoids
    Tortos - Beast
    Megaera - Possibly Beast
    Ji-kun - Beast
    Durumu - Demon
    Primordius - Humanoid
    Dark Animus - Mechanical
    Iron Qon - Humanoid
    Twin Consorts - Humanoid
    Lei Shen - Humanoid
    Ra-den - Giant
    Megaera is a beast and Iron Qon has some quilens that are beasts that you have to dps in order to kill him. So I'd say that fight is half beast lol.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

If you cared this much about min/maxing in the first place, you were most likely already troll.

The racial won't hugely imbalance things because the encounters won't be tuned around the troll racial, and therefore the top end guilds will get it at roughly the same pace. It might have some effects on middle ranked guilds, but it isn't a big deal. No one cares about non-end wing bosses in the end, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyaelan View Post

The only class Trolls are barred from is Paladin. I'm not sure what sort of raid composition you're envisioning, but it seems unrealistic.
    Last edited by Pert; 2013-02-10 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiildur View Post
    If you cared this much about min/maxing in the first place, you were most likely already troll.
    Personally i'm an Orc as Elemental, a Dps loss that can be compensated, a 5% gap however is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiildur View Post
    The racial won't hugely imbalance things because the encounters won't be tuned around the troll racial, and therefore the top end guilds will get it at roughly the same pace. It might have some effects on middle ranked guilds, but it isn't a big deal. No one cares about non-end wing bosses in the end, anyway.
    That Depends on the Encounter, if those Encounter are a decent Dps Race, you will have no choice but to go troll, you want to kill the Boss as fast as possible to continue your progress on harder bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    You're not even close to be seriously affected by this. World 591 does not qualify as cutting edge, however outstanding your personal performance may be, sorry. I'd say probably none of the guilds that are in the real running for #1 are currently alliance. With Pulse, Kin Raiders, ScrubBusters and KpawTect being in the gray-zone. You may be pissed that you didn't down a boss when a full troll raid under idenctical circumstances would, but for all but the absolute bleeding edge, it doesn't matter in any real way, any real bit.
    tell that the vodka. Blood legion's racials didn't help them get a 3-5 day advantage on progression after that enrage timer kill. Nope. and what rank are you? bet your guild can't even clear normal modes so talk shit bout someone else. Maybe I raided top 30 US all of cata. and got tired of the 25 hours a week raid schedule. maybe? hmm Maybe I raid with a guild that on 14 hours a week is sitting decently inside the top 100 US. yeah I think im fine with my progression right now.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2013-02-10 at 01:40 AM.

tell that the vodka. Blood legion's racials didn't help them get a 3-5 day advantage on progression after that enrage timer kill. Nope. and what rank are you? bet your guild can't even clear normal modes so talk shit bout someone else. Maybe I raided top 30 US all of cata. and got tired of the 25 hours a week raid schedule. maybe? hmm Maybe I raid with a guild that on 14 hours a week is sitting decently inside the top 100 US. yeah I think im fine with my progression right now.
    Vodka merged with exodus and is now on the horde.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

"Troll advantage"

I feel like there is some kind of joke here, what is the joke, can the interbutt's best and brightest point it out to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Oh my. What a question you raise at the end there. How long can it take? There is untold potential for damage when code changes are made. Even minor code changes can have drastic effects in other areas. No code change is safe. Not a single one. 10 years in game design has proven that to me.

As for Blizzard not changing the racial, or making it not effect bosses and such... Okay, 5% is pretty big in terms of racials (which usually live in the range of 1% and such) but in the overall scheme of things... it's 50k damage per million. Sure, that means that trolls are going to higher on the meters than their non troll counterparts... I guess I just don't see how this could really effect things much.
    We are not talking about raiders switching to troll to do more damage on the meters. We are talking about the Top 10-20 guilds in the world getting 5% more raid damage (especially huge in 25-man.)

If any of the bosses are DPS races to beat a super tight enrage on Heroic mode, 5% is HUGE

If any of the bosses are extremely taxing on healing because of massive damage on Heroic mode, where an extra healer could make or break success during the World (or realm) first race, 5% is HUGE

I really hope that a bunch of the top guilds re-roll trolls to win the race - I think it would be HILARIOUS.

Blizzard probably is not concerned because it is going to be a staggered raid release. It will probably be the EIGHTH week of the patch before guilds can do the Heroic version of the last wing, including Lei Shen and Ra-Den - which are the only kills that really count in the end.
    Last edited by azurrei; 2013-02-10 at 02:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit after Dragon Soul. I was in Method. I got tired of the 25 hours a day raid schedule. Maybe I raid with a guild that doesn't raid? Yeah, I think I'm fine with my progression right know.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 03:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Megaera is a beast and Iron Qon has some quilens that are beasts that you have to dps in order to kill him. So I'd say that fight is half beast lol.
    If we're going to count adds, then we're in the same league as other races' racials. It won't yield nearly 5% overall damage, probably closer to what the 1% worgen crit yields.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Complaining over such a small thing..

Yay!

I'll complain about the HUMAN racial which is the real one that should be changed..
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robles View Post
    Complaining over such a small thing..

Yay!

I'll complain about the HUMAN racial which is the real one that should be changed..
    You must be new. When the human racial was new there was a slightly bigger shitstorm than this is. Slightly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    What I'm gathering is that people would rather have a race with a racial that is absolutely irrelevant as compared to a race that has a racial that is powerful on a handful of bosses. This is seriously the first time since Karazhan that there have been Beast raid bosses in the game and the Beast bosses account for 1/3 of the raid. Considering that Lei Shen and Ra-den are likely to end up as the "raid killer" bosses, I can't see people changing to troll just for a short-term 5% damage increase.

15+ Year Old Account
    So what we can gather from this thread is:
    -Players want homogenization of racials, unless it's their race
    -Blizzard is racist

Huh. Gotta love the MMO champ community these days. Whiners.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

According to your armory, you got Madness Heroic in March. Hardly cutting edge when world first was in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    According to your armory, you got Madness Heroic in March. Hardly cutting edge when world first was in December.
    and acording to your armory your def part of the 97% who don't deserve a say in balance.
    I quit in Ds when my guild disbanded cause DS was so god damn boring they would rather play SWTOR than show up to raid. kinda like half of the guilds in the top 100. Look at my sinestra kill and rag kill.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shrooms/simple is my druids armory that was my main. Its now a alt I use for a IRL buddy's alt run.