Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valium104 View Post
    Honestly, they should just remove that bullshit, this game needs variety, not everyone as trolls or humans in pvp. Removing racials would not homogenize at all...
    "All races are the exact same, this is not homogenizing at all"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    5% beast increase was not an issue in any other raid, If Trolls were so amazing, we'd see more of them.

We don't,

Ergo, Trolls obviously are not the best raiding race for DPS.
    First of all, it's obviously horde only. Second of all, we are seeing plenty of trolls already. Go watch any top PvE guild and check the amount of feral/moonkin trolls in comparison to the amount of tauren moonkins/ferals. Then check the amount of shadow priests/mages too, and I am sure that you will see somewhat the same result.

But then again. Hordes have in general really good PvE racials from pandas, trolls, goblins and orcs, whereas alliance only have worgens and pandas. If you gave alliance players access to trolls you'd see A LOT more troll players.

But 5% is huge. None of the current racials offer that much of a dps increase. Just wait and see.. Check the next tier's world's first kill videos and count the amount of dps players playing trolls. That will open your eyes, since reasonability apparently doesn't

Totally, because all the casters in every raiding guild were trolls right?
    Many Dps Caster are Trolls, though the difference in the past between other Racials (such as Orc) was very small so that it was not worth taking, 5% are a different story here.

5% beast increase was not an issue in any other raid, If Trolls were so amazing, we'd see more of them.

We don't,

Ergo, Trolls obviously are not the best raiding race for DPS.
    Then tell me how many Beast Boss we had in the past?

DS - None
    Firelands - Beth'tilac (anything else was considered Elemental except those Spiders)
    T11 - Magmaw, Chimaeron was uncategorized
    T10 - None
    T9 - Northrend Beasts (Partially, Gormok & Icehowl are Humanoid)
    T8 - None
    T7 - Maexxnna
    T6 - None
    T5 - Lurker Below
    T4 - None

The only RAID Instance with more than a single Beast Boss was AQ40, but that's a bit way too much in the past.

Deleted
    Because a Haste boost for 5 seconds is great for everyone right? As a Death Knight I love the haste as it does... practically nothing.
    HAHA.

To clarify. Berserking isn't 5 seconds. Haste is the best (or second best) stat for a dps DK. This guy has no clue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    It probably gives you about as much DPS increase over those few bosses as the draenei racial does over the entire raid.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 12:39 AM ----------

This I can agree on, but in the current state where each race has its own niche on X number of fights - comparatively its okay.
    You realise that draenei racial has been changed since 2 years ago?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    The lack of intelligence in this thread is amazing. I don't understand what is so hard for people to grasp about the fact this is a broken racial for guilds that sit in the top 30 more so for the top 10.

This racial has a huge impact on 25man raiding at the cutting edge and a far lesser impact in 10man. We all know that berserk timers are far tighter in 25man than they are in 10man at the moment. Let's break it down a little shall we.

25 Man Theoretical Scenario all trolls
    Lets take 16 DPS that do 120000 DPS per person. 5% extra would equal 6000 DPS per person. 6000 * 16 = 96000 Raid DPS from the racial. Over the course of a 10 minute fight that equates to an extra 57,600,000dmg just from the racial. That's 3,600,000dmg granted by beastslaying per person during a 10 minute, non gimmik encounter.

Now, factor in berserking with beastslaying and you get a multiplicative effect for it's duration which will greatly enhance the effect berserking as a racial on these encounters.

Now for those that say "i don't care it doesn't effect me as i'm not that 0.1%", Fuck you. Stop being so selfish, let the people that is has an effect on do the talking, you can just sit back and enjoy the game as it is at the moment. Just because it doesn't have an effect on you doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

The problem with this racial is that horde guilds will have the advantage of being able to down an earlier boss and have more time on a non beast encounter. At the top end, every pull and every minute matters. There is a reason why most of the top end guilds that were alliance have gone horde. Horde possess the most broken racials even before this malarkey kicked off. This is just the cherry on top and is a far more broken racial than any other currently in the game. For those saying whole guilds won't switch to troll, you have no idea.

Deleted
    People saying it doesn't affect them are right. So why would you guys not want it to change? Variety? Pff, as if a flat 5% dmg boost to beasts would make the game more variable in any way. I bet 90% of the troll players don't even know they have that racial, or at least they forgot about it.

Deleted
    They will nerf it once everyone has changed to trolls.

Just like they announced WoTF nerf for 3.3 just week or so after faction change was introduced and everyone went Forsaken.

Or maybe they truly dont mind this time. Could always say "we dont want people to switch their race every tier" after they see huge amount of transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    ^This

The alternative view expressed in this thread, "Make everything not matter", just takes homogenization to the extreme. Part of the fun of Forsaken is being able to break fears this patch. It's one of those times where I think I'm glad I chose x. Trolls get theirs next.

Just let the game be fun without screeching at blizzard to optimize it to point of sterility.
    It's a passive across the board damage increase, there is zero player involvement. Nerfing this racial will affect playstyle not one iota. Are you trying to say that the "feel" for Trolls is that they just do more damage than everyone else?
    Last edited by Pert; 2013-02-10 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxie View Post
    The lack of intelligence in this thread is amazing. I don't understand what is so hard for people to grasp about the fact this is a broken racial for guilds that sit in the top 30 more so for the top 10.

This racial has a huge impact on 25man raiding at the cutting edge and a far lesser impact in 10man. We all know that berserk timers are far tighter in 25man than they are in 10man at the moment. Let's break it down a little shall we.

25 Man Theoretical Scenario all trolls
    Lets take 16 DPS that do 120000 DPS per person. 5% extra would equal 6000 DPS per person. 6000 * 16 = 96000 Raid DPS from the racial. Over the course of a 10 minute fight that equates to an extra 57,600,000dmg just from the racial. That's 3,600,000dmg granted by beastslaying per person during a 10 minute, non gimmik encounter.

Now, factor in berserking with beastslaying and you get a multiplicative effect for it's duration which will greatly enhance the effect berserking as a racial on these encounters.

Now for those that say "i don't care it doesn't effect me as i'm not that 0.1%", Fuck you. Stop being so selfish, let the people that is has an effect on do the talking, you can just sit back and enjoy the game as it is at the moment. Just because it doesn't have an effect on you doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

The problem with this racial is that horde guilds will have the advantage of being able to down an earlier boss and have more time on a non beast encounter. At the top end, every pull and every minute matters. There is a reason why most of the top end guilds that were alliance have gone horde. Horde possess the most broken racials even before this malarkey kicked off. This is just the cherry on top and is a far more broken racial than any other currently in the game. For those saying whole guilds won't switch to troll, you have no idea.

Your math is wrong simply because at the very least you have to count loss of other racial bonuses. Like Epicurean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this needs a slight tweak but as am on a 99% alliance server it wont affect our guilds progress at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Your math is wrong simply because at the very least you have to count loss of other racial bonuses. Like Epicurean.
    No, my maths is correct. However, your point is valid BUT the fact of the matter is 300stats does not equate to 5% nor do the other racials. The matter still stands, beastslaying is a far superior racial.

Haste is still a very subpar stat for alot of damage dealers.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 03:49 PM ----------

All of the fights with Beast bosses are not DPS checks anyway.
    The benefit in heroic does not have to be only for DPS check fights.

What if the fight would be easier by dropping a dps and adding in an extra healer?

What if the fight would be easier by dropping a dps and using a second off tank?

What if the fight would be easier by dropping a dps and using a dedicated CC'er?

5% extra damage would allow you to do any of the above and not lose a significant amount of dps over a non-troll raid group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Which is largely offset by berserking (berserking is actually stronger than epicurean for a few specs), but sure, overall that means that the increase is something like ~4,8% instead of 5%. Does this change the fact that the advantage from beast slaying is way too big? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxie View Post

Getting rid of the racial, would effect every single troll in the game. Not changing a thing effects the top cutting edge guilds in the world only. So you want Blizzard to cater to the small minority and call the rest of us selfish?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VoljinforWarchief View Post
    Getting rid of the racial, would effect every single troll in the game. Not changing a thing effects the top cutting edge guilds in the world only. So you want Blizzard to cater to the small minority and call the rest of us selfish?
    It should affect everyone who is raiding, so players don't get a huge unfair advantage purely from their race choice, the effect of removing beast slaying in raids is good. How would it affect someone who isn't raiding? They'd kill beasts during dailies 5% slower? Yah, that's horrible. It could also just be inactive in raids.

Blizzard talks a lot about being ability to customize how you play your character and something like this is limiting choices. If you are someone who wants to do the best for your raid or yourself that means (for a lot of classes) you have been troll for all progression raiding to obtain berserking and it has been that way for a long time. It was already bad enough and now beast slaying being a significant factor for this raid is just further highlighting the problem.

Any racial that provides an in-gameplay advantage should be abolished.

I guess I will just hold out hope that someday I won't have to be troll to do my best.

nice

not already are horde racials better (trolls being best), now they also get another 5% dps increase

thanks for spitting in my face again blizzard
    yes, I play alliance

What can you say?
    More $$$ for blizzard because of faction/race changes.
    Last edited by Raider321; 2013-02-10 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VoljinforWarchief View Post
    There's actually a pretty simple fix, and one that will maintain the current status quo.

"Beast Slaying: Damage dealt versus Beasts increased by 5%. This racial does not function against raid bosses."
    Last edited by Pert; 2013-02-10 at 09:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, the racial works on some bosses through the ENTIRE game. who cares. if you want to, change, and if you can't change, just reroll. It's really not the end of the world.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 02:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raider321 View Post
    nice

not already are horde racials better (trolls being best), now they also get another 5% dps increase

thanks for spitting in my face again blizzard
    yes, I play alliance

What can you say?
    More $$$ for blizzard because of faction/race changes.
    Just so you know, we've had it and its been useless more often than not.