Poll: Worst Expansion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Had to go with Cata even though at the start it was my favourite expansion by a long chalk.

T11 was my favourite raid tier ever.

I LOVED the old world revamp, some of it is the best questing in MMO history imo.

But there was a few things that I did not like.

5 mans:-

4.1 run the same two 5 mans over and over again till you vomit.

4.3 run the same three 5 mans over and over again till you vomit.

No other real choice of earning Valor outside of that.

T12 and T13 I really did not like firelands or DS very much.

and 10 months with no content is way way way to long.

I am really enjoying MoP just now and am really looking forward to 5.2 (loving the rate of content release).

I really hope it does not go the same way of Cata though.

10+ Year Old Account
    My list:
    TBC>WotLK>MoP>Cataclysm

I think all of the expansions have strengths and weaknesses, but Cataclysm's negatives outweigh the few positives. I really liked the 1-60 revamp and some of the end-game content was decent, but overall it just felt lacking in quality and depth.
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

15+ Year Old Account
    BC/Cata are the best, WotLK and MoP are the worst.

I'm not surprised most people vote cata, that expansion made me stop raiding and lose interest in the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cata obviously but it isn't very fair. Blizzard all but dropped the ball with that expansion and gutting an entire raid tier from it basically ruined the whole expansion in every possible way.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-02-12 at 11:10 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

wasnt so much cata for me but 4.3, was sooo bad tier 11 and 12 were pretty good, and the revamped zones were/are excellent. mop has started off well, nice content so far.

wrath > mop > bc > cata for me. cant really compare the expansions with vanilla imo!
    Last edited by Ylera; 2013-02-12 at 11:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata by a loooong margin. I disliked all the raids, t11 was just too much too quickly, FL was an eyesore and I doubt i need to go in to 4.1, DS and madness. I plodded through cataclysm kept my sub going but I cant really say I enjoyed it. Wrath was my favourite with mop then tbc then vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    the ridiculously hard 5 mans (in cata)
    the ridiculously hard 5mans were actually only thing about cata I liked in its entirety. Healing off fumes in several fights before getting full HC gear (and also feeling progressively more powerful as I (and tanks) were obtaining more gear, seeing as people learned not to stand in crap when suddenly they weren't full all the time, honestly, those were probably the most epic moments I had in wow since TBC.

healing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr-MuHcXYJQ and attempting it several times was great...

Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    Mop heroics challenging? I don't think you played BC before the buffed badge gear came out... or even at 70... CC was almost needed unless you ran with a guild group... And not all of them were on the same difficulty level either. All of mop heroics, much like wrath, you can just chain pull the hell out of them. Not in BC. You had the easier heroics ( SP, Mech, Ramps, Seth halls ) and the harder ones( S halls, arcatraz, Slabs ). And no, not all comps were possible with anything short a good guild group. If your group had no CC, you were not completing the trash before each boss without wiping once every pull in shattered halls with the 5-7 mob pulls owning your tank.

Though, personally, now that I am an adult with a job and can't play for 8 hours a day... I prefer the wrath and MoP heroics. Quick, painless, and require little to no effort. I'm not trying to bash on them, they have a cool theme and all... But they are in no way, shape or form, difficult, challenging, or anything less than mind numbingly simple... You say they gave you more problems than the BC ones. I call bullshit... especially on the note that anyone would bring a shockadin over a retarded who split his talents evenly through frost/fire/arcane and only used his lvl 15 wand. Good day sir
    My someone is being rather insulting here. First off, I was playing BC from day 1 up until I quit just before the sunwell patch came off PTR. I know what the hell I am talking about. And if you had problems with shadow labs and arcatraze back in the day, then you must of really had some fail groups. The only really hard heroic back in the BC days, was shattered halls, and even then it was the end boss that groups had problems with. As for CC, lets see... there was rogues, hunters, mages, and some paladins back during this time had repentance. My guild also had a priest that would mind control the strongest mob and let the others mobs kill it, then we'd knock the remains down. Sometimes it came down to creativity.

And I am happy you think MoP heroics are easy. Just like BC, there's some easy ones. There's also a few hard ones. I am guessing you only run with your guild? Because I've seen LFD groups have problems in a few MoP heroics. Like BC heroics, once you've run one enough, you learn the strategy and then they became easy. Hell if you had a good group back in BC, even shattered halls was made to look easy. You just had to know your class inside and out, and know how the other classes in your group worked and used actual strategy, instead of zerg zerg zerg zerg like wrath had. In terms of difficulty, I'd have to say still that catas heroics were the all time hardest. Perhaps what made BC heroics feel just as easy for me, is the fact that 9 out of 10 bosses were already done in vanilla. Many of which were seen in old school naxxramas. As I said in my review of BC. Most bosses were already done previously in vanilla, and lacked originality.

Also, you clearly must not of played during BC yourself if you think shockadins back then were weaker than those kinds of mages. I was able to pull such big crits even the hunter in my guild cursed like a sailor when he saw them. I had joined plenty of groups as a shockadin, and most of them were successful. Know why? Because I knew how to play my class and I played it well. My heals helped off-heal when the tank needed it, and my holy powers were superb in dps. So there's no need to get insulting just because you either didn't actually play during BC, or you were an elitist pig during those days and thought paladins were only good as healers.
    Last edited by Alewen; 2013-02-12 at 12:20 PM.

Deleted
    I cant think of anything I liked about cata :/

Quote Originally Posted by MGH View Post
    I cant think of anything I liked about cata :/
    Tier 11? It was awesome, but went to shit straight after, with the launch of Patch 4.1

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    Terrible ideas introduced by expansion:

BC- Flying mounts.
    WotLK- Dungeon finder.
    Cata- no remedial action for these gameplay disasters, and then raid finder.
    MoP- still not sure yet, the PvP game is awful (no casting, and AOE, and stampede), but ITK could be great fun.
    You are one of those masochists?

Cata was the worst for me for a number of reasons.

One positive things from Cata for me was the revised old world quests. I had the pleasure of levelling up an alt during Cata, and the experience was enormously improved over vanilla. I look back at Vanilla with nostalgia as many do, but boy was levelling painful by comparison in those days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    You are one of those masochists?
    Hey' to each their own right? Personally I find rl more than takes care of all my masochistic needs.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    Personally I'm enjoying MoP very much, despite the Asian theme..granted, not as much as TBC, but the way the story flows and the content seem good enough to keep me liking it, perhaps even more than WotLK (eventhough I'm just a casual now). Cata just sucked, even if the basic idea was very good, but the way they implemented it blew.

From a standpoint of subscriber numbers, it has to be Cataclysm. Not going to bother with my opinions.
    Looking at the results, there is no contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    My someone is being rather insulting here. First off, I was playing BC from day 1 up until I quit just before the sunwell patch came off PTR. I know what the hell I am talking about. And if you had problems with shadow labs and arcatraze back in the day, then you must of really had some fail groups. The only really hard heroic back in the BC days, was shattered halls, and even then it was the end boss that groups had problems with. As for CC, lets see... there was rogues, hunters, mages, and some paladins back during this time had repentance. My guild also had a priest that would mind control the strongest mob and let the others mobs kill it, then we'd knock the remains down. Sometimes it came down to creativity.
    I don't mean to sound threatening like the other guy, so I have to apologize outright. But did you do the heroics early on in the expac? I ask this because not too longer into TBC, Blizzard heavily nerfed the heroic versions. I do agree Shattered Halls was the hardest, but even like the first edition of Underbog was hard. If you weren't doing the heroics when the mobs had 360 cleaves and insta gib spells, then you probably might've missed what others are saying as being the hardest heroics ever. Because they really were...

I'm not saying I'm the greatest player, but the 1st edition of TBC heroics we had to run with 2 healers, a CC and 2 plate classes to survive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say Cataclysm though I feel like it was a "necessary evil", a much needed revamp of the old world but I can't help but feel even for the much needed update that the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalmindor apart from their TBC zones, lost some of their charm that made them special and instead were connected to one whole story that I don't think every player really liked (The Cataclysm).

I've been an avid WoW player since Vanilla, and although I was most excited about WOTLK pre-release, I think MoP really brought so much to the table. The amount of content and the quality of questing/raiding is incredible. I had low expectations for MoP, but it really blew me away with its quality. Least favorite expansion has to be cataclysm - although Firelands was the redeeming raid in that expansion - there just was not enough to do at 85.

Deleted
    I hate MOP, Panda's and Asian Theme, Atleast I could Level in BG's
    I only get in pandaria when I need to buy my CONQUEST GEAR, like wtf
    I prefer orgimar, ..... Yeh right I'm bothered about that additional!
    MOP is 1 piece of shit, though PvP content is doable,
    :O and gj with the zoning, When I try to get in the world for some World PvP, all opponents did the quests and I can't reach/see them since they are in a different zone :O