Thread: Laziness

15+ Year Old Account

Laziness

How do you beat it? Serious question, what is it that stops me from doing what I should? For example, I woke up this morning early enough time to be able to make myself lunch for school, so I will be able to eat enough without using money, but of course I had to stay in the bed a bit longer to get more rested. Or when you save homework for days but you don't do them anyway. I really feel like lacking that skill to say, now I do this and I do that.

Please share your laziness and how you deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i find that just starting the motions to do whatever it is your gonna do is usually enough for me. gets me thinking im up might as well go through with it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think of how terrible it will feel if I don't get the work done now...having to cram at the last minute sucks

Also just force myself to start whatever it is, and once I start I can usually keep going

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I think of how terrible it will feel if I don't get the work done now...having to cram at the last minute sucks

Also just force myself to start whatever it is, and once I start I can usually keep going
    WHich generally causes insomnia for me LOL. But god DAMN do i get alot done.

Every time I am about to do something, I would rather postpone, all the hard part is until I get started. Once I get started I just go with the flow till its done.
    Mind ya I postpone a lot of things until the very last minute and my excuse is human nature.

What helps start something, which you would rather postpone, is sunlight, personal hygiene, order in the place you are going to work etc. If I have to do some studying or an assignment i find it most of the times before I start I popped some fresh air in the room, took a shower and cleaned my desk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't, right now, it's beating me. There was a time in the past where I was motivated by someone, but that's a long story.

Deleted
    Giving in to it seems to be the best option for me personally. I tend to work better under pressure anyway. Or, perhaps not better, but surely faster. I guess skipping a few corners is part of the process sometimes. :P

The only thing I've had to make myself do is force myself to get up early. I went from sitting at home for 1.5 years to a 40-hour job. The mornings were awful at the start... But, telling myself to man up and get stuff done generally works. :P Kind of a 'when the going gets tough, the tough get going" vibe.

Deleted
    Taking my ADD meds help, but I don't have any tips or anything to share though.
    Last edited by mmoc286748cea5; 2013-02-14 at 09:41 AM.

Find a girl who'll remind you you're not worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Find a girl who'll remind you you're not worthless.
    This one actually DOES do wonders.

the only answer is you get off your fat ass and do it (whatever "it" is). after you get into the habit you'll find being lazy just feels worse. exercise helps, not eating junk food or soda helps.

-love, a former lazy person
    Last edited by crunk; 2013-02-14 at 09:59 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You beat it with even more laziness