Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    He's an anti-hero. Part of being one is making people question or even believe that you are evil. It also entails people believing you are truly good.

But in the end it all boils down to doing what's necessary, no matter how questionable the methods. Threads like these just make me content in the fact that Blizzard is writing him properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I'm convinced he's evil. Just like Bolvar.

Blizzard wants to offer us powerful enemies, but they don't want their race/faction extinct because we need to have something to fight in the future.
    Bolvar is NOT evil. He sacrificed himself to control the remnants of the Scourge after being tortured to the point he could never be his old self again. How is that evil? He didn't don the Lich King's helmet to gain power, he did it for the good of Azeroth.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    He's definitely up to something. He's playing one side against the other. Maybe for the good of Azeroth, I don't know. Dave Kosak said he had Azeroth's best interests at heart.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Bolvar is NOT evil. He sacrificed himself to control the remnants of the Scourge after being tortured to the point he could never be his old self again. How is that evil? He didn't don the Lich King's helmet to gain power, he did it for the good of Azeroth.
    Yeah but what became of him after he put on the helmet? Arthas wasn't evil when he took up Frostmourne either.

He could be what he acts to be: a guy trying to prepare two major forces of good to face the Legion. Or he has something else in mind. Or something in the middle of those two. No one but the lore team can really tell at this point.

But imo if he does have some grand scheme at play, it ought to have hitches and oversights, because the guy is a bloody two-year-old whelp, if that! They're already pushing it that he's as intelligent and powerful(in minions and artifacts) as he is. In his dragon form he would make a fine participant in pet battles. Wrathion is young and inexperienced and I want it to show.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    He could be what he acts to be: a guy trying to prepare two major forces of good to face the Legion. Or he has something else in mind. Or something in the middle of those two. No one but the lore team can really tell at this point.

But imo if he does have some grand scheme at play, it ought to have hitches and oversights, because the guy is a bloody two-year-old whelp, if that! They're already pushing it that he's as intelligent and powerful(in minions and artifacts) as he is. In his dragon form he would make a fine participant in pet battles. Wrathion is young and inexperienced and I want it to show.
    I think if he really wants to prepare us to face the Legion, pitting us against each other is a bad way to do that. When Medivh tried to warn us in WC3, he didn't do it by setting us up against each other. He found leaders that could be reasoned with to work together.

How can the factions prepare for the Burning Legion if they aren't even warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Ummm.... the insanity/corruption of which Wrathion is free of IS what made black dragons evil as a race. Without you, you can't just say 'he's a black dragon so he's evil.' Blizzard has said that he has the best interests of Azeroth at heart, but that his methods and goals may not mesh up with ours.
    Best interests, according to whom?
    Adolf Hitler had the best interests of Europe/World in mind, when he gassed millions of Jews.. However, not many people shared his view of "best interest", and thus he's considered evil by (almost) everyone..
    Had Hitler won WWII, the majority would probably had called him a hero..

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and so is good/evil.. I'm IN NO WAY endorsing holocaust, only drawing a parallel..

Neltharion/Deathwing was evil BEFORE he got corrupted by the Old God(s)..
    He turned on Malygos and killed every single blue dragon.. For this he was imprisoned for 10.000 years, during which he was slowly warped/corrupted..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-02-14 at 07:48 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post

He is also the last of his kind and raised by the Dragons that represent life if i recall right...Guy has more then a few reasons to be powerful and intelligent, Add in that again he's a dragon and yeah he is likely very intelligent age aside.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Adolf Hitler had the best interests of Europe/World in mind, when he gassed millions of Jews.. However, not many people shared his view of "best interest", and thus he's considered evil by (almost) everyone..

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and so is good/evil.. I'm IN NO WAY endorsing holocaust, only drawing a parallel..
    We don't know enough about Wrathion's true motivations right now, nor what his final plans will be, to draw comparisons to nazi germany. He may end up being 'evil' in the sense that he does abominable things for a 'greater good' but we do not know that right now, and at worst we can only label him as a gray character until we know more about what he's schemeing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    We don't know enough about Wrathion's true motivations right now, nor what his final plans will be, to draw comparisons to nazi germany. He may end up being 'evil' in the sense that he does abominable things for a 'greater good' but we do not know that right now, and at worst we can only label him as a gray character until we know more about what he's schemeing.
    Spceculation, yes.. But this whole thread is all about speculation/guessing, as Blizzard have never stated wether Wrathion is good or evil..
    Also, I think you replied while I edited my post above.. ;-) See the last few lines..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Spceculation, yes.. But this whole thread is all about speculation/guessing, as Blizzard have never stated wether Wrathion is good or evil..
    Also, I think you replied while I edited my post above.. ;-) See the last few lines..
    Actually, Neltharion, while not as corrupted as he is in Cataclysm yet, HAD been driven to insanity and paranoia by the whispers of the old god before he betrayed Malygos. And even if he WAS evil of his own accord, that wouldn't translate to his entire race on its own. The only thing that made black dragons evil as an entire race was the old god corruption, which Wrathion is freed of. That was my main point. Wrathion may or may not turn out to be evil. But he's not evil simply for being a black dragon.

That is the entire premise of Wrathion's character, that he's free of the force that made his entire race driven to madness and evil, and thus has the potential to end up as something other than what deathwing and nefarian were. He may still end up evil, just as Garrosh is ending up evil despite having never been affected by the curse his father was, but he isn't doomed simply because he's a black dragon.
    Last edited by Florena; 2013-02-14 at 08:01 AM.

I believe he will get the alli and horde to team up and bolvar will come try to help us vs. the legion with whatever dragon power is left.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphiramoon View Post
    Speaking of Wrathion, I met a group of the "black prince servants" doing..archaeology around Vale. I wonder what are they looking for and how scientific their goals are.
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/11/04/kn...ll-not-a-well/

They aren't worried because of the ongoing war between Alliance and Horde. As agents of Wrathion, he's likely told them just as much, if not more, than he tells players when they begin the legendary questline. Azeroth is headed for a reckoning the likes of which has not been seen since the War of the Ancients.

We do know that (based on the very end of the rogue dagger quest) the old gods want him dead.
    And I don't think he is or will be evil. He is testing us. He knows something.... some thing about the titans and the old gods, something BIG.
    Edit: Maybe even the location of a... shall we say Beta version of the Well of Eternity....
    Last edited by MisterMxyzptlk; 2013-02-14 at 08:34 AM.

Wrathion is a future antagonist for wow, its so clear what he is doing, he has inherit his fathers powers he is slowly eliminating his competition to be one of the most powerfull being on azeroth, he is still too young so he manipulate us to do his bidding,

it all started with removing his own father from the big picture (and on the way render the aspects powerless and mortal again) , now he is using us to eliminate the opposite faction leaders as for now both of them are too powerfull for him considered a threat

he will probably use us in the next xpac to stop what ever invasion is coming and down its leader cause thats a threat for him as well, and maybe after that he will be powerfull enough and old enough to show his real face..

I love Wrathion, and his current levels of "greyness" are incredibly refreshing. It's one of the reasons I've enjoyed MoP so much. I can't wait to see how this all turns out.

He turned on Malygos and killed every single blue dragon.. For this he was imprisoned for 10.000 years, during which he was slowly warped/corrupted..
    No. To both your tasteless reference and to your apparent lack of knowledge as to what you are talking about.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Neltharion

While he did come to start to envy/resent Malygos on his own, it was far from being "evil," and furthermore, that was what initially opened the door for Old God manipulation. The corruption of the Old Gods then caused him to create the Dragon/Demon Soul. Only after its creation did he turn on Malygos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    I doubt Wrathion is evil, afterall what's he's doing is the right thing to do.
    Besides he is uncorrupted and the black dragons used to be earth warders, defenders of the world/ people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    He's clearly Sargeras guys.

Hes not, but what if he is? Wouldn't that be something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    He is also the last of his kind and raised by the Dragons that represent life if i recall right...Guy has more then a few reasons to be powerful and intelligent, Add in that again he's a dragon and yeah he is likely very intelligent age aside.
    The Reds didn't really do anything but remove his corruption. He said he was sentient even inside his egg, which is another silly thing, but I still don't see how he should be more savvy and perfect than other dragons. Could be a random gift, being lucky with genes or something, but I'd still call it bad writing if Blizz chooses to ignore his lack of experience in practically everything.

And why did the rogues of Ravenholdt choose to follow him? After he had a rogue player off the leader of Ravenholdt, couldn't the rest just slit his throat and make off with the riches rather than allow him to take possession of all of Ravenholdt's assets, including them? Being just born into the world, I don't see where else Wrathion would get his artifacts and goons but Ravenholdt. Why should they be loyal to someone, who was just born and even carried out a scheme to kill their leader?

I don't hate him, I just wish Blizzard would explain him better and make him less perfect.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely disagree..
    I'd (staying in the AD&D alignment analogy) call him Neutral Evil.
    He want some kind of balance, hence the neutral part.
    However, he IS a black dragon and even without insanity/corruption, he is inherritly evil..
    If anything, he borders Lawful Evil, as he, so far, have kept all he have proised..

The simple fact, that he's supplying both Horde and Alliance with legendary weapons, disqualifies him from being good..
    The black fight of Neltharion the Earth Warder didn't start out as evil.

No he wasn't. Also, imprisoned? Where are ou getting this complete bollocks from?

Way to Godwin there champ.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.