Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    He gave me 660 int on my weapon seems like a stand up guy

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Way to Godwin there champ.
    Off-topic, but what is the purpose of someone always making a mention about Godwin's law, when someone has made a WW2 reference? Is WW2 somehow a bad example to use just because it's used often?
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

"I'll continue in my father's foot steps. Eventually..."

I remember him saying this somewhere, but cant pin point it.

If anyone can remember, shed some light. But just from that quote it gets me thinking he is evil in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganja0102 View Post

If anyone can remember, shed some light. But just from that quote it gets me thinking he is evil in the end.
    There's this quote which is the exact opposite: "They wanted to hold me, to keep watch over me – a prisoner in all but name. But I will NOT be held accountable for the sins of my father. My destiny will be my own."

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    There's this quote which is the exact opposite: "They wanted to hold me, to keep watch over me – a prisoner in all but name. But I will NOT be held accountable for the sins of my father. My destiny will be my own."

I ended up finding it on Wrathions WoWhead comments, guessing its bullshit then aha, sorry for the confusion everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Off-topic, but what is the purpose of someone always making a mention about Godwin's law, when someone has made a WW2 reference? Is WW2 somehow a bad example to use just because it's used often?
    It's an indication of hyperbole. When your only way to make a point is to reference the absolute worst we can remember of recent history, then your point is bound to be weak. When the same point could be made using another example, that's when Godwinning should be avoided.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    I think he's self-serving (and likely fairly amoral), but I don't think he is actively evil. It's in his interests (and everyone else's) to stop the fighting between the Horde and Alliance because it makes the denizens of Azeroth weak against the next inevitable Legion attack or whatever other unimaginable evil the cosmos decides to throw at that little defiant planet. If Azeroth is divided, it will likely fall. Wrathion, along with a few other farsighted people know this and, as such, work to stop the avoidable conflicts, because when the unavoidable ones come again, it might be the end of everyone.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2013-02-14 at 11:06 AM. Reason: missing un-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    It's an indication of hyperbole. When your only way to make a point is to reference the absolute worst we can remember of recent history, then your point is bound to be weak. When the same point could be made using another example, that's when Godwinning should be avoided.
    Or a person is trying for emphasis.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ganja0102 View Post

IF he had said this he could be meaning pre old gods.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 10:47 AM ----------

The Reds didn't really do anything but remove his corruption. He said he was sentient even inside his egg, which is another silly thing, but I still don't see how he should be more savvy and perfect than other dragons. Could be a random gift, being lucky with genes or something, but I'd still call it bad writing if Blizz chooses to ignore his lack of experience in practically everything.

And why did the rogues of Ravenholdt choose to follow him? After he had a rogue player off the leader of Ravenholdt, couldn't the rest just slit his throat and make off with the riches rather than allow him to take possession of all of Ravenholdt's assets, including them? Being just born into the world, I don't see where else Wrathion would get his artifacts and goons but Ravenholdt. Why should they be loyal to someone, who was just born and even carried out a scheme to kill their leader?

I don't hate him, I just wish Blizzard would explain him better and make him less perfect.
    I meant as a side effect of purging his egg/the modifications to make him a true black dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Djolisimo View Post
    Guy is just sitting in the tavern, chilling, telling everyone what to do. To Horde he tells 'you're a hero, go kill Alliance', to Alliance - 'you are hero go kill Horde'. The inspiration I believe comes from the old western movie Fistful of Dollars where a guy comes to town, stays in the tavern and plays the middle between two warring families. His goal - to destroy them both. Wrathion's goal must be something along those lines - make Horde and Alliance destroy themselves then come out on top.

He gives us some powerful items, but mere trinkets for him.

To me, it is painfully obvious no one should have any business with this guy. Both the Horde and the Alliance are stupid for doing his bidding.

Even in the case he is not evil, he is not a friend of neither Horde nor Alliance, but he has his own personal agenda.
    Wrathion is an ANTI-HERO @_@ you know? like kael'thas, illidan, the punisher, batman. ect ect.

i am so tired of this thread popping up all the time its like the wow community has forgotten what an anti-hero is since blizzard killed off their main two in bc.

this is a line from wrathion himself and it personifies every anti-hero ever. "Question my methods if you like but never question my motives" wrathion wants whats best for azeroth and hes willing to do whatever it takes to keep it safe even if that means doing things others would see as wrong
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

He is young and wants first hand info on what the allys and horde are going on about before he starts to eat people. I felt pretty certain your character would notice that his "ofc im with the alliance/horde" thing was really just for show.

And yes, that hat is an entity in itself. Definitely a fashion statement.

Wrathion evil for encouraging some fighting between the factions to weed out those who will cause issues later? For starters, who are you as the character to judge? Many have participated in raids on opposing capital cities and effectively killed their leaders for the sake of a bear mount.

The Reds didn't really do anything but remove his corruption. He said he was sentient even inside his egg, which is another silly thing, but I still don't see how he should be more savvy and perfect than other dragons. Could be a random gift, being lucky with genes or something, but I'd still call it bad writing if Blizz chooses to ignore his lack of experience in practically everything.
    The Red Dragonflight did experiments with Wrathion's egg

Wrathion yells: I will NEVER be controlled! The Red Dragonflight has no idea what they unleashed when they experimented on my egg.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Patricide

This guy managed to keep a fully grown Dragon of his kind at bay until the rogue finished him, those "experiments" by the Red Dragons seemed to have empowered Wrathion quite a bit.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-02-14 at 11:14 AM.

Because he mentioned hitler directly? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwins_law Go look it up

On topic,

Wrathion for me is one of the BEST new characters to introduced by blizzard. He is brilliant in the manner in which he speaks the plans he makes and the way he delivers the quests.

I hope he is truly an anti hero or dark hero as it were. Long may he continue to meddle in the politics of Azeroth from the shadows.

Deleted
    I find the plot Wrathion is presenting us with very interesting. The way Blizz have spent quite a bit of time making every quest delivery more and more interesting is brilliant. However, I can't help but think I'd get the same feeling whatever Wrathion was.

I really cannot stand the evil child prince relatively well-spoken almost aristocratic demeanor character concept. It's just so cliché.

He is trying to help us get ready for the evasion of the burning legion . If the Horde and the Alliance keep fighting we have no way to stop them or even defeat them . Anduin Wrynn is going to do something big in this attack . Even if he does not lead us he will have ahuge impact . he is going to be the strongest priest warcraft has has in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by spikess View Post
    He is trying to help us get ready for the evasion of the burning legion . If the Horde and the Alliance keep fighting we have no way to stop them or even defeat them . Anduin Wrynn is going to do something big in this attack . Even if he does not lead us he will have ahuge impact . he is going to be the strongest priest warcraft has has in a long time
    basically this. hes trying to end the war with as little losses as possible and if its not possible to end it quickly hes gonna pick whichever side is the strongest and crush the weaker one to prevent the stronger one from losing any good soldiers
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe Wrathion neither black or white but the most ambiguous shade of grey.

Perhaps he aspires to protect Azeroth just as the Dragon Aspects did but through less conventional means. Addressing the affairs of mortals where the dragons have usually kept themselves out of and instead focused on larger issues. However unlike the other flights, Wrathion views the Horde and Alliance conflict just as detrimental to Azeroth as the other enemies we've fought through out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Bolvar is NOT evil. He sacrificed himself to control the remnants of the Scourge after being tortured to the point he could never be his old self again. How is that evil? He didn't don the Lich King's helmet to gain power, he did it for the good of Azeroth.
    That's what he wants us to believe. But then how come he deceives Tirion into not telling the rest about what happened? There is no reason for it, except for him to build up his forces in quiet. And what about his voice changing to sound more evil? I think Bolvar is in fact evil.

It would be cool if Ner'zhul manipulated Arthas to find a new more suitable host. That would've been a good twist. Shame the book ruined it.
    I guess now he'll just become evil by sheer power and madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    That's what he wants us to believe. But then how come he deceives Tirion into not telling the rest about what happened? There is no reason for it, except for him to build up his forces in quiet. And what about his voice changing to sound more evil? I think Bolvar is in fact evil.

It would be cool if Ner'zhul manipulated Arthas to find a new more suitable host. That would've been a good twist. Shame the book ruined it.
    I guess now he'll just become evil by sheer power and madness.
    Bolvar also has a strangle hold on the Scourge. Why doesn't he return their free will or make them all self destruct?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Bolvar also has a strangle hold on the Scourge. Why doesn't he return their free will or make them all self destruct?
    I've often wondered why bolvar doesnt just march all the undead towards the nearest lava lake and let them perish. or at the very least retreat all the undead into icecrown and allow them to freeze and become blocks of ice.