Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Anyone else hate Soul Reaper?

For me, it just screws up the rune CDs. As 2h Frost atm, it just leaves me with single or even double UH runes at times which is just highly annoying and most of the time I "can't" use Obli, as that would delay Soul Reaper by like 4-5 sec.

TL;DR: Is Soul Reaper good in its current form or should it be remade?

Discuss.

Honestly, I enjoy the current soul reaper, as blood and 2H frost. Once the boss/mob gets to a low enough % a single RE proc is actually usable for dps. And honestly once the target is to that point it feels like rotation smoothes out, compared to prior where it can feel choppy, or too full.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendale View Post
    Honestly, I enjoy the current soul reaper, as blood and 2H frost. Once the boss/mob gets to a low enough % a single RE proc is actually usable for dps. And honestly once the target is to that point it feels like rotation smoothes out, compared to prior where it can feel choppy, or too full.
    You are still left with UH runes sitting

I quite like it (Blood Death Knight), but I agree it is a bit too clunky. If it had another cost (Health, Runic Power, Proc below 35%) it wouldn't feel so out of place.

Wasn't any worse to get used to then RE gaming or Cataclysm Blood Tap usage, so I'm fine with it.

Could be worse. Could be WOTLK Feral Druid.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

10+ Year Old Account
    It's garbage in PvP, healing and movement is unpredictable so trying to soul reaper players is useless.

I personally dislike it. It's only effective in raid boss fights, really; otherwise, it seemingly adds zero value.
    I really dislike the fact that Soul Reaper simply sits there for a while, doing nothing. I'd rather have a damage boost in execute than an ability that doesn't actually execute all that much.

for 2h frost it is beyond a clunky mess. For blood I often forget to use it when tanking. 5.2 when I go unholy will probably be the first time I like it.

Use the UH rune(s) on Plague Strike or alternatively use Plague Leech -> reapply diseases (with Outbreak or rune if you have 2 UH up) then see if you can use Obliterate

edit: if nothing else then just spam Frost Strike and hope you get a rune through Runic Empowerment. Use your fillers, HoW and summon UD
    Last edited by Waalt; 2013-02-13 at 04:00 PM.

It can be slightly clunky to use sometimes but there's nothing innately wrong with it. Complaining about it due to your personal inability is pretty pointless; it's not rocket science.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

While I usually go about as Unholy, and I know that SR is more kind to that spec's rotation, it really isn't bad at all. I go Blood for my OS, and to weave in SR is not hard at all. I don't use it with the frequency I would if I was dpsing obv, but it costs a blood rune, a very very easy to get rid of rune. So I have never had any reason to hate it

Deleted
    Soul reaper sucks because of the stupid 5 sec delay.

Solo questing, 5 mans or on trash Mobs die too fast before it pops.

In pvp panic healing when your health reaches such low levels means it rarely goes off at all, plus people can still die too fast for it to go off.

Remove the delay and just make it "Hit" the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    It can be slightly clunky to use sometimes but there's nothing innately wrong with it. Complaining about it due to your personal inability is pretty pointless; it's not rocket science.
    I'd gladly see it use UH and F runes, but damage would be increased.

It's not rocket science I agree, but when an ability makes the rotation clunky, it just drives me away from that spec/class. I have BM hunter as my main, and I can tell you, it's a million times harder to perfectly execute the rotation with all the buttons compared to FDK. Yet I don't feel like "Uh, why does this button do this?"

Executes should be just another button, not rotation changing/altering, Warrior Execute is on the edge, but Priest, Hunter, Warlock(Doomguard) and Paladin is just as it should be, extra button for increased damage output, not screwing your resource system for the last 35/20%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Solo questing, 5 mans or on trash Mobs die too fast before it pops.
    I just use it because that 50% haste will help recharge that rune any way so I see no harm in using in hopes I do get it to proc before mob dies. I enjoy it as Unholy, it's quite a fun mechanic - that and Souls swirling around your character.

Can't we consolidated all the SR hate into one thread?

You all sound like old people "CHANGE IS SCARY I DON'T LIKE CHANGE"

The only set of people that have a legitimate gripe are those with pvp complaints. Those are legitimate. Everyone else, it's old we get it you aren't that good at your dk and a floating rune makes you a sad panda.

It's on our 4 set next tier so quit complaining and figure out how to use SR, cause I'm pretty sure it's not going anywhere

Deleted
    It's awesome in pvp combined with BT stacked NS, people saying it's crap (for pvp) are either frost or don't know how to play UH.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    those of us who do only pvp got seriously fucked with the lvl 87 talent...SR is worse than useless in pvp. Stupid blizzard

Nah, it's awesome.
    Then again I do Blood and DW Frost, so I don't have any issues with decoupling the associated runes.

Soul Reaper is the best thing that happened to DK's in MoP. It's super fun in PvP as Unholy

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    It's garbage in PvP, healing and movement is unpredictable so trying to soul reaper players is useless.
    Becuase 160k+ crits on full T2 2/2 upgraded players is useless. OOOOKKKKKKK u should try using it with CD's up hf
    Last edited by Senathor; 2013-02-13 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiboyslol View Post
    The only set of people that have a legitimate gripe are those with pvp complaints. Those are legitimate. Everyone else, it's old we get it you aren't that good at your dk and a floating rune makes you a sad panda.
    They are, in practice, as legitimate as the PvE complaints; just because people aren't good at using it doesn't make it a 'useless' ability as people like to call it. It's the perfect example of something that penalizes you for playing bad.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL