Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think getting legendaries, even old ones, is already enough of a hassle to prevent excessive use of it for transmog. Furthermore, if lots of people start using them for that, I bet a good number of players that have legendary weapons would simply pick something else out of desire to look different.

I for one have leg daggers, but I'll be damned if I ever use those ugly fishes for transmog. I'd rather use my Wub's Cursed Hexblade that I've been saving for years now.

I wish that they would add in replicas of the epic versions of the legendaries (like sleeper/dreamer) so you can transmog to those.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    I was with you there until you said Ravenholdt. That would just be terrible. But yeah, I don't think that idea would work well.

The gold idea however, would work. We won't see a million Thunderfurys right away.
    Eh, the only gold solution I could see working is selling a right to transmog Legendary item via the BMAH.

thats a horrible idea. Legendaries are hard to get when they are new, you cant make someones effort pointless by letting people buy the items they worked hard to get. Its bad enough people can solo MC for 2 months to get HoR or TF, you want someone to be able to drop gold on it? Not very "legendary"

Legendaries are too easy to farm, time consuming but still very easy. i vote no. don't wanna see every rogue with glaives, dont wanna see every pally with sulfuras etc. etc.

Why not just make it where you can only transmog legendary weapons you obtained during the expansions they were released in.

They should be moggable. It wouldn't have as big of an effect as some people think, as not everyone who has a legendary necessarily thinks it looks good, or looks good with their characters. Atiesh is probably a good example of an ugly staff, at least in my opinion. Failing that, I don't see how it's that different from say a heroic set of class armor being moggable.

Make them unattainable once the expansion they're from ends.
    Make it obscenely expensive to do, possibly requiring a plethora of expansion-relevant materials.
    Make it so that you can only transmog a legendary item onto one other item at a time, so items like Shadowmourne can't be dual-wielded.

There are a number of ways to make this work, and there's no good reason not to. Plenty of other very rare, iconic things have become more commonplace and they've been fine to let it happen. Just look at Warlock and Paladin mounts - how do they reconcile that with their current stance on this issue?

how about a daily quest that has a 1% drop chance to give you a token to xmog a legendary or set which you can turn in at the npc that cost 25k, idk about anyone else. but with my luck that would take me a long time to get one since i have horrible rng
    http://www.pverogues.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledragon View Post
    That poor rat.
    Why didn't anyone throw it a brez?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firion View Post
    User: And I was like, baby baby baby ooooh.
    Cleverbot: I hate justin bieber.

oranges are next to meaningless now anyway as they take very little effort to obtain, only investment is time so im sure blizz will allow this at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just make it so people who got them when they were relevant be able to transmog them, i.e if you made your Sulfuras during vanilla, you can mog it, if you made it in TBC, tough shit.

That doesn't sound like too bad of an idea imo.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Legendaries should be transmogable (with their unique FX/on use abilities) without any additional trouble. It is still a lot of work to get any legendary, even if you out level the content by a lot. If people are putting that much work/time/effort into getting one they should be able to transmog it.

Then again I am firmly opposed to unique, hard to obtain e-peen symbols in a MMO for anything other than Titles. Some of these e-peen symbols are not appreciated by their owners. They didn't get them because they really liked the look, they only got them because it made them feel better than everyone else. That's not what transmoging is about. Let the people who like the looks/effects of legendaries have them without additional fuss.

/rant off
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    There is no rep in Naxx.
    There is no rep in sunwell.
    There is no rep in Ulduar.
    There is no rep in Dragon Soul.

So that rule of yours cant be universally apllied.
    Well, it depends on how you think of it,
    Naxx - Argent Dawn/Argent Crusade (It was well established, but I can see how some people might not see it)
    Sunwell - Shattered Sun Offensive (Now come on, they're the only faction on that island)
    Ulduar - Alliance Vanguard/ Horde Expedition (I find this debatable, but since Brann Bronzebeard leads the whole thing and is part of the Explorer's League, I'll have to go with this)
    Dragon Soul - The Earthen Ring ( Very Debatable, but considering they're friends with Thrall, pretty much the hero of that raid other than the players, I'd say they're the best bet)
    It's not too hard to do this...
    If you are reading this, Congratulations you have nothing better to read

Deleted
    Dragon soul = wyrmrest accord

Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    Atiesh is probably a good example of an ugly staff, at least in my opinion.
    With that staff, it's not the fact that it's legendary that makes it special, it's the fact that it's the 2nd most rare legendary behind the Black Resonating Crystal (3rd if Talisman of the Binding Shard is considered that legit.) Other than that, I think most people who have that staff would transmogrify it if they could.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 11:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Dragon soul = wyrmrest accord
    That's not on par with the level, therefore a level 85 rep should be chosen, The Earthen Ring fits the best for that.
    If you are reading this, Congratulations you have nothing better to read

Deleted
    Btw is it possible to use DS legendary staff dragon spell even if you are not equipping the weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Why not just make it so people who got them when they were relevant be able to transmog them, i.e if you made your Sulfuras during vanilla, you can mog it, if you made it in TBC, tough shit.

That doesn't sound like too bad of an idea imo.
    Not sure how easy that is to test.

Let's say you got your thunderfury in vanilla, prior to AQ going live, and I got mine in TBC, prior to BT going live. When 3.0.2 hit, we both get the thunderfury FOS since we both have it, however both our achievements are dated 15th October 2008.

As far as the game is concerned we both had it prior to the date achievements were first added to the game. It doesn't actually display that you had had yours since before 3 January 2006 (day AQ went live) and I had mine since 22 May 2007 (day BT went live).

No achievements that I am aware of, even a FOS' are dated before the 15th of October 2008
    I have low level dungeon achievements for dungeons that I had completed well before october 2008 being completed on the 15th. Ragefire Chasm for example, and many of my "reach level X" achievements are all dated on the 15th. Even though the date they were actually done, was well before that. I was level 70 when the pre wrath patch that added achievements went live, my reach level 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 all have the same date.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2013-02-14 at 09:48 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was my idea that I posted in a similar thread that I would like to see:

What I think would be cool to have in the game if they don't allow us to actually transmogrify the weapons is a legendary quest chain that upon completion allows you to add one special effect to your current weapon based on the legendary weapon from past content that you own. For example:

-Thunderfury: adds a tornado visual effect when you hit enemies and maybe the electrical charge on your weapon when you swing it.

-Sulfuras: maybe have it engulf the enemy in flames when you hit them or put a flame enchant visual effect on your weapon.

-Atiesh: adds the raven summoning effect to your character and a Portal: Karazhan ability to your spell book.

-Warglaives (must own both): adds a special chance for your attacks to turn you into Illidan or the lock-illidan shadow form for a few moments.

-Thori'dal: adds a visual effect to your bullet/arrow shots, maybe like a beam of light trailing behind them.

-Val'anyr: creates some kind of healing visual on a target every time you heal them.

-Shadowmourne: some kind of undead/shadow effect from attacks, maybe a chance to turn into a shadowy form of the Lich King or DK Arthas.

-Dragonwrath: adds the ability: Transform: Tarecgosa's Visage to your spell book and maybe a weapon glow.

-Fangs of the Father: adds the slow fall shadow wing effect to your character in their spell book.

Actually I would in fact prefer those effects over the actual weapon visual, especially the ability to turn into Tarecgosa without having to constantly equip the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Komics View Post
    thats a horrible idea. Legendaries are hard to get when they are new, you cant make someones effort pointless by letting people buy the items they worked hard to get. Its bad enough people can solo MC for 2 months to get HoR or TF, you want someone to be able to drop gold on it? Not very "legendary"
    Don't know if your comment was with me or not but I'll clarify a bit. You still have to get the Legendary but can't unlock the transmog feature unless you buy it off the BMAH.

But yeah, I don't really like that solution much either.

Dragon Soul - The Earthen Ring ( Very Debatable, but considering they're friends with Thrall, pretty much the hero of that raid other than the players, I'd say they're the best bet)
    The Earthen Ring has nothing to do with the Fangs of the Father quest chain. Wyrmrest Accord fits the location but other than the initial quest they don't have much involvement either, Ravenholdt is the only faction that makes sense but have fun grinding them.

Deleted
    Hopefully it will never be allowed, I don't want to see half the realm running around with Dragonwrath.

When i saw "mog announcment", all i could think was "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES glaives we will have fun again!"
    Then they sai no legendarys... Then..... *sadface*
    Then they said "maybe", and i became all "YEEEEEES"
    Then they said you can change your weapns, 1h,OH etc, and even weapon type.. "YEEES"

Then they ruined my day again with "FU rogues, glaives have always been a rogue weapn, but you wont be able to use it, because you need daggers HAHAHAHAHA"
    So i could not care less if they implent this. And F u all warriors and Dks, who will run around with MY glaives! ;(

On the reputation part, i dont really see the point with this, it takes 0 time to get exalted, and the 25k gold part, No! No more gold shit, because those of us that dont hang the AH doesnt have 1million gold. Its more than enough with BMAH
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”