Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    on our first kill we used 4 heals and still had dps for P3 before a second add phase.

you can go 2 ways:
    1- properly rotate tank CDs + exteranl CDs (we had 2 heals for each tank), killing ads alternating between sides
    2- kite adds with slows on 1 side kill on the other side...

Dont panic, make sure you agree on rotation with your healers beforehand and you should have more than enough cds to survive!
    also assign kill order, starting from weeker tank ...

we found it simpler to split the adds as they came, easy to aggro them and keep them, while dps go all out.

We found it very easy with 4 heals and our wipes were mostly to bad lack of focus on traps or trapping wrong adds.
    Fight is fun, very intense but not that hard if you have a decent group.
    Last edited by elderamy; 2013-02-15 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Let's see:
    - To deal some real aoe damage we need to sacrifice some death runes - which works well if you don't take too much damage but otherwise you're toast
    - Bone Shield just works better against slower hits
    - We only have a delayed aoe stun and it's on a long cd

Just look at how bad DK dps is on aoe fights:
    http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Grand...00011111000000
    http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Wind_...00011111000000

Compared to single target fights:
    http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Blade...00011111000000
    Now I wonder what my OTs are doing wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Except that we don't really have the tools to deal with aoe tanking and our aoe dps is shitty compared to other tanks meaning we're kind of bad if you tank the adds as they spawn or even worse try to tank all the windblades.
    Dks are fine if you split the groups and only take 2 reavers + 1 windblade. Just like we're fine on Gara'Jal as long as the other tank starts first.
    Well I was talking about damage taken since this is what the original post was talking about. I agree that druid could take less damage but dk isn't bad at damage taken, at least for this boss, at all, meaning a windblade should be dead by the time all cd were down and then should be a piece of cake. Gara'jal and Sha of Fear are the only 2 here I actually think blz designed to punish blood dk in the first place.

For dps, yea I know. Like I said dk's aoe compete with death strike on runes so basically it's a gambling for dk that how much surviving ability I can sacrifice for dps. I did empress on my alt bear and BM monk. My monk is my latest alt and pretty shitty geared and also first time tanking empress, but doing much higher dps than my dk's average dps.

5-10 seconds before Retreat simply just cast Army of the Dead, then just throw an outbreak and blood boil on the adds and pop Remorseless Winter (you can use IBF while you wait for the 5 stacks of Remorseless to come up. Chillblains works well on this fight also, just kite the adds around (if you have a priest have him spec for the speed shields he can throw) and just run around until they fixate a player, then you'll be fine. Also, make sure your raid burns down 1 group fast, in my group we have them burn down the MT's group and then he taunts the big dude off of me right away, it works well.

I tank with a feral, we both take a side, when she retreats we have 3 seconds to get to a spot between the add and the raid, I drop DnD in front of them, hit an outbreak, blood boil to make sure I have aggro, then rotate cds, IBF is huge until one dies, keep boneshield and VB up, remorseless winter is awesome. I mark a skull on my side on a wind blade, the feral marks an X, then I mark a 3rd wind blade. DPS focus skull then X to give the tanks some relief, by then adds are chasing people and we focus on building traps, I taunt the other reaver, feral taunts the last wind blade off me, trap the reavers, kill the last windblade, then g2g until your healers kill you in the last phase

Make sure each tank has a dedicated healer and the 3rd healer is on the raid, that way if a tank dies u blame the healer

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    just roll cd's you'll be fine... don't blast them all at once

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    Just have your Army tank the adds, it's a piece of cake.

What I do is pull with IBF up, use Remorseless Winter as it's nearing an end and summon my Army while they're stunned (the Windblades spam an interrupt called Sonic Blade, and I wouldn't rely solely on the DR from channeling to save you anyways, you'll go down faster than my mother after a few martinis). My ghouls taunt the little adds and I keep the big one and aoe. That generally lasts well through the phase easy peasy.

If you have two add phases then you'll need to kite a bit if you can't just facetank.

EDIT: And AMS on cooldown. That dot the poison shockwave puts on you hits harder than you may think.
    agree to this. Remember that when you stunt they all hit at the same time after

Quote Originally Posted by Slak View Post
    g2g until your healers kill you in the last phase
    Well, some progress atleast! We get through phase two now no problem, so thanks for the tips all! Now we just wipe at about 10%, but it'll go down tomorrow for sure!