Is a hastefrost DW spec viable?

I realize that the "accepted" specs for a frost DK are 2H hastefrost and DW masterfrost, but I was wondering if anyone still uses a DW hastefrost setup. I really dislike the way DW masterfrost plays (brb RP starved 24/7) and have thought about trying out the old DW hastefrost spec we used in Cataclysm. Has anyone tested the numbers? How far behind would DW hastefrost be versus a 2H hastefrost or DW masterfrost spec? Are we talking 2-3k DPS or 10k+?

The difference in weapon damage is noticeable between 2h and DW, but the difference in Frost Strikes is not which is why you're encouraged to go masterfrost - you get to drop more nukes.

You can try hastefrost for DW, and you'll be hitting with more Obliterates, but they'll be wet noodles compared to what you could poop out as 2h.

At least from my experience as haste frost for both 2h and DW.

Comparing DW hastefrost to DW masterfrost is not something I've tried yet.

Define viable.

Bosses won't refuse to take damage from you, but you will be doing less damage than you could.

How much less depends on your gear level but it's going to be more rather than less.

If you really don't like the playstyle you'd be better off just going 2h frost or unholy.

Also, get more haste. I have like 5k as dual wield and I don't run out of resources on encounters with magic damage.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2013-02-20 at 04:10 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    short answer - its not viable.

long answer - its pve, who gives a crap? go geta 2H weapon and go smash people in the face in pvp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by forwards1ca View Post
    short answer - its not viable.

long answer - its pve, who gives a crap? go geta 2H weapon and go smash people in the face in pvp
    Let's not start that Shall we?