Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Thats the oil and vinegar and onions. Blimpie has a similar smell.
    Weird. Most other sandwich places can keep their sandwich odor under control. I love dipping foccaccia bread in oil and balsamic at italian restaurants, and I never noticed that smell before.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    This thread really makes me wish the nearest subway wasn't 100km away.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Weird. Most other sandwich places can keep their sandwich odor under control. I love dipping foccaccia bread in oil and balsamic at italian restaurants, and I never noticed that smell before.
    It might depend on the store, because the one that I normally go to does not have any horrible smell to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Yeah I dunno they all smell that way though. So does blimpie.
    I mean if you want a sandwich go to a real deli owned by people who live in your town not a corporate fast food restaurant.
    Food is fresher healthier and better quality.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A foot long with chicken tikka, chorizo, the spicy cheese, lettuce and red onion all on some lightly toasted hearty italian bread.

Its amazing

Foot long Roasted Chicken, with mustard, onions and hot peppers. I try to stay away from people for a while after !

My SO gets a foot long - assorted - with EVERYTHING. Seriously - the sub is like 6 inches tall! It makes lots of 'snacks' for our dogs when he eats it, since toppings end up all over!
    Last edited by Eliandal; 2013-02-14 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loganroth51 View Post
    Always get weird looks when they ask what else I want, and I say nothing :P

Same here. Meatball marinara on honey oat with american cheese, toasted. Nothing else.

Italian foot-long
    Untoasted
    Ham
    Cheddar
    Lettuce
    Tomato
    Spinach
    Pepper

Every time.

Hearty Italian
    Spicy Cheese
    Steak
    Lettuce
    Pickles
    Black Pepper
    South west sauce
    Toasted

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    I don't really eat in the train but if I did, it'd be a sandwich with butter, bologna and cheese or crackers with yogurt.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Its a fast food chain. I guess if Mcdonalds is considered a restaurant than so is subway. What smell don't you like oil and vinegar?

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 02:46 PM ----------

Whats fresh about processed foods? I bet those meatballs are at least a month old depending on the volume of customers the subway has.
    It was a joke. I assumed the lack of vegetables in my list of ingredients would have tipped you off. Do you even sarcasm bro?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    My subway always taste like shit... lol
    That is the nature of the beast.

Try a local restaurant or deli instead of Subway if you want something different, and better.
    I like sandwiches

Mine will vary depending on what I am wanting that day but usually its:

Foot long Wheat
    Bacon
    Pepper Jack Cheese
    Toasted
    Lettuce
    Tomato
    Ranch

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get a veggie wrap, no cheese, w/ lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, green peppers, olive, and hot peppers. Vinegar/bullseye are my sauces.

I don't eat there often though. Maybe once every few months.

Subway was actually my first job. I got to take a lot of creative liberties back then (buffalo tuna!). Nowadays I'll either get a steak, egg, and cheese, on flatbread toasted, with onions/peppers, then S&P and mayo. Or a turkey on honey oat with: lettuce, double olive, jalapenos, onions, S&P, double vinegar, mayo, and one line of buffalo.

I get the Italian BMT on foot long italian herb and cheese bread with pepper jack cheese, jalapenos, and onions. Nothing else. I get the same thing almost every time. Usually can't eat an entire foot-long sub in one sitting so half of it goes in the fridge and gets reheated later.