Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Lol, you know someone's grasping at straws when they hide from logical contradictions under the shield of "personal attack".
    He's being civil while you are not.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    explain why you would be proud that your guild based it's progression and server rank on someone elses effort?

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 11:04 AM ----------

absolutely not. I am a completely average player. one of the 85% of players who has not cleared the current content and will not for various reasons prior to 5.2. I am not looking for flames but reasonable discussion on a topic that I personally feel is an issue.
    I don't give any shits about server progression. Besides if you haven't cleared the content by now no one really cares. If you haven't cleared it by the time the next tier comes around you aren't really in any race. Does it really matter which order your server status is if you cannot clear it in time any way?

where exactly is all your irrelavant hostility coming from?
    Everytime someone disagrees with you and replies with a perfectly logical responce you leap behind a big metal shield of, "Irrelavant hostility" or "School must of let out" in an off hand hostile attempt to call everyone else simple children. The problem is that we are all grown up enough to see it for what it is.

NOBODY cares about your progress. There is no audience there cheering you on when you down a boss or boo when you wipe. Its all in your head.

I do. Regularly. In fact I just spent a year in afghanistan protecting your right to a different opinion.
    As a combat vet myself, comments like this make me sick. You spent a year in Afghanistan out of choice, hardly for some random dude on the internet. Do you walk around telling people to respect you more for being in the military? You also fly home in your uniform fishing for complements? Lol man, real sad.

Quote Originally Posted by nerfmagesffs View Post
    it is not current content, so i honestly dont see your concern.
    This exactly, it will be pretty much exactly the same as molten core in my eyes.

I have many friends in top rated guilds that normally clear content miles ahead of us. I even ask them for advice from time to time. I would not however include them in a guild raid through use of cross realm raiding and then lay claim to the effort being ours. I am sure that I am not in the minority of players that have better players on their freinds list. To me the reward is in doing it my(our)self.
    How is this any different than being carried by players on your own realm? You're solving the wrong problem.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    He's being civil while you are not.
    Tell it to your LiveJournal. I'm being logical while he is not.

Deleted
    HTell it to your LiveJournal.
    No I will tell it to you. You are being needlessly hostile dude.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    As a combat vet myself, comments like this make me sick. You spent a year in Afghanistan out of choice, hardly for some random dude on the internet. Do you walk around telling people to respect you more for being in the military? You also fly home in your uniform fishing for complements? Lol man, real sad.
    It also presumes that said random dude on the internet is from the same country where he is "protecting the right to a different opinion".

No I will tell it to you. You are being needlessly hostile dude.
    I don't give a fuck about this pointless distraction from the topic. I didn't when it was him and I don't when it's you. If you consider calling someone out on their poor logic and self-centered expectations of the game designers - in other words, if are not capable, as I am, of distinguishing disagreement and a reality check from a personal attack - then tell it to someone who cares, or continue wasting your time telling me while I ignore you.

Deleted
    I don't give a fuck about this pointless distraction from the topic. I didn't when it was him and I don't when it's you. If you consider calling someone out on their poor logic and self-centered expectations of the game designers - in other words, if are not capable, as I am, of distinguishing disagreement and a reality check from a personal attack - then tell it to someone who cares, or continue wasting your time telling me while I ignore you.
    There you go again. You have issues dude.

According to OP if my guilds healer calls us and tells us they have no internet due to a blizzard and we go looking for a pug to fill that position we should not be able to get a pugger from another server who has progressed further than us because thats cheating him of his guilds hard won progression without a ringer. Its okay if its from our server, but CRZ? Oh Hells NOE! Thats Cheatin!

Thats not cheating, thats getting our raid on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's good. I don't have any problem with preventing cross server on current content, but I think allowing it on older content is great.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

There you go again. You have issues dude.
    You're the one making this personal, but I'm sure the hypocrisy is going right over your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    C'mon guys, play nice.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    It's not always about getting boosted. Some of us have the skill do more than just a few MSV Heroic bosses but just can't because our guild lacks motivation/attendance for HC progress yet we don't want to leave them because we are friends. I'm one of these people and I honestly can't wait for Cross realm t14 to keep progressing on Heroic Mode. I don't hurt anyone, neither will I steal your Cutting Edge achievements. I do it for the fun, the challenge and the mount/title rewards.
    Last edited by mmoc2a7830ed1a; 2013-02-14 at 10:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buying 5.0 progression (if that's what you want to call it) or progressing outside of your guild once 5.2 is out is for all intents and purposes irrelevant. No one really gives a damn.

I'm fine with cross-realm raiding being available for 5.0 raids. I can sub into some raids on an occasional basis and raid with friends and family on other servers.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-02-14 at 10:05 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Doesn't really make a difference. As soon as new content is out, it's a fresh slate for every progression guild and most people no longer give a crap about previous tier progression, it's already being nerfed by 10% which is huge in itself and in combination with t15 gear, just about any group is going to kill far more shit than they would have before. I don't think the 10% nerf is necessary, TBH, but beyond that, I don't see what is so bad about it. Yes, there certainly will still be a lot of guilds running t14 content, but any true progression guild is going to focus on Throne above anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its old content why are so many people against it. Its like being against ICC being cross realm.
    Aye mate

Couldn't care less tbh, I don't see myself raiding it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    Buying 5.0 progression (if that's what you want to call it) or progressing outside of your guild once 5.2 is out is for all intents and purposes irrelevant. No one really gives a damn.
    You can buy progression on your own server as well, so the argument that current tier cross realm is bad because it's bad to buy progression (which I am not saying you are making, but it's one that some people use your same logic to make) is faulty.