Deleted

Terrace of Endless Springs bugging out, 3 weeks in a row

Hi!

So me and my guild have been coming across different bugs/issues the past month related to extending our raid-ID in TOES.

First week - Randomly would throw different players of our raidgroup out of the instance, teleporting them to the graveyard, claiming they're locked to a different ID. We somehow managed this on our own, eventually (can't remember how, we reformed groups and tried having the three/four players who'd get kicked out enter before anyone else)

Second week - This week we extended a 1/4 save (yeah, lazy, but we're having a tough time finding raiding days nowadays, which really only makes the matter worse when it's not working as intended). Long story short - One of our players wind up getting locked to a different raid ID (without doing anything, whatsoever) ' We miss out on a night of raiding but after going through 5 different GMs, we finally get ahold of one that resets the player's ID so he can join in on ours.

Third week - Here is where it gets interesting. We are now extending a 3/4 save. Two players wind up getting a separate raid ID. Once AGAIN we have to go through a crapload of gamemasters (emphasis on GAMEMASTERS,HI) in order to finally find a sane one, one that doesn't outright accuse us of trying to draw unfair advantages by having our raid-ID fixed (which I could technically understand, if we were trying to get them to reset our save in favor of a fresh run).

The last GM starts off the same way as the others, but soon comes to his senses when I explain to him it's apparently some sort of issue, and not an intended feature. There was no obvious pattern to why certain players were getting locked to different IDs - One guy had, for instance, been in on all three of our kills during that specific raid ID, and couldn't join, while another who had only been in on one kill from said ID, could join without a problem.

The GM investigates this and comes to the conclusion that, for whatever reason, we have indeed been locked to different IDs, but he couldn't explain how this happened. He tells us not to worry, as long as these two reset their IDs, they will be able to join in on ours again.

Whaddya know - It actually works! Or... does it? Sure, we get into the instance alright, but now we cant actually engage the boss. Sha appears, the pool from Lei-Shi is there, but we can not attack him. Playing around a little, we notice we can kill him on normal, but not on heroic.

What do we do now? TICKETS! PLENTY OF TICKETS! Once again we go through Blizzard's finest and eventually get ahold of a GM, telling us something "trigger didnt work" something. "Wait 20 mins for the soft reset, then itll work". We decide to clear MSV as we wait, sporadically having somebody drop out to check the status of ToES.

Much to our dismay, the issue still hasnt been resolved. My friend just got an answer from a GM, claiming this is a known issue (this makes plenty of sense, needless to say. I mean, we obviously knew about the issue -THIS IS IRONY- and based on that knowledge decided to extend our raid, knowingly erasing all hopes of actually getting started on Sha for yet another week). The same GM proceeds to inform us that, not only will we have to wait until the next reset, but we'll also have to start over on a new raid ID.

Before you start complaining we're lazy for not clearing it again and whatnot, it doesn't really weigh in on the issue.

In my eyes, what it all comes down to is poor treatment of customers. I can buy that the issue at hand is indeed not solveable and that we'll have to redo it next reset. I can even buy that we have to go through dozens of Blizzard co-workers before we get ahold of somebody that is actually willing to help us out. What I have a hard time accepting is:

1)The fact that this is supposed to be a known issue. If it had been, we wouldn't be in this predicament right now.

2)My girlfriend just wont let me get funky when she's on her period

3)If I happen to be the world's biggest tool and this just so happens to be a very well-known issue to most of you/us all, even so, what happened to "the customer is always right?" At the very least, shouldn't someone be able to reset our ID for us so we could do it all over again? It's not like we'd get double loot this week, seeing how we've been extending the ID several weeks in a row.

I like Bacon, Kevin Bacon

is this heroic or normal???

i have no idea what you just posted but if you have people who are saved to 3/4 2/4 1/4 lockout you can still do normal sha of fear and no it wont "magicially" bug out because there is no raid id on normal only on heroic

now...,.if you are talking about heroic then you get your own raid id lockout, you cant have someone random joining you 3/4H when he done 1/4H from another run for example

oh and maybe it bugged out on first week because your guildy didnt kill empress on normal?? needs to have someone who killed her to enter instance first

you cant kill H sha (he will be untargetable) if you dont clear 3/4Heroic........

so all in all i think you are geting confused with this "raid ID" lockout stuff
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2013-02-18 at 02:34 AM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

While I cannot comment on your issue, I can say that the only people who actually believe that the customer is always right are those who have never had to provide customer service. The customer, as a matter of fact, is usually wrong.

That doesn't help your issue, though, so good luck!

edit: Soulstrike's post makes a lot of sense. The only times Raid IDs apply is in heroic mode raids. His description of the heroic lockout behavior appears to be correct.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-02-18 at 02:36 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Dude, your history remember me a bunch of mine. Tons of weird things with no explanation. I decided that I angered Tom Chilton in some manner, and now I'm paying the price.

Perhaps you could hop in the train.

We just extended our 3/4 HC ToeS lockout so we can go straight to Sha next week. This thread scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    We just extended our 3/4 HC ToeS lockout so we can go straight to Sha next week. This thread scares me.
    as long as no one kills heroic tes bosses its fine (my guild have been doing this for 4 weeks -_- and guild got disbanned then reforming it lol)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by erthael View Post
    <snip>

1)The fact that this is supposed to be a known issue. If it had been, we wouldn't be in this predicament right now.

3)If I happen to be the world's biggest tool and this just so happens to be a very well-known issue to most of you/us all, even so, what happened to "the customer is always right?" At the very least, shouldn't someone be able to reset our ID for us so we could do it all over again? It's not like we'd get double loot this week, seeing how we've been extending the ID several weeks in a row.

I like Bacon, Kevin Bacon
    1) I've extended a lot of raids and never encountered the issue you have so can't speak from experience.

3) No, the customer isn't always right. That's just a saying people have come up that some customers say, but everyone believes every company should follow when they are victims, upset, etc. I would almost bet anything that the players that are having issues are trying to extend their raid lockout as well and causing issues. Only the Raid Leader needs to extend the ID and enter the instance first. No one else needs or should be extending their ID or entering before the Raid Leader. Doing that could probably cause issues and people should know by now to let the Raid Leader enter first if it's being set to heroic, extending or changing the raid size.

Also, GM's really do not want to clear raid ID's at all. As it can lead to people circumventing things. For all they know someone actually entered the raid prior to your guild and did part of the raid, but after petitioning for hours (and tying them up so they can't answer others) they eventually give in so they can move on to someone else.

Long story short. If you are encountering these issues tell everyone to stop playing with their raid ID extension, let only the raid leader do it and let them enter first. Then again there is no way to tell if they are extending it themselves so you have to take their word for it. Also, you should really stop spamming the GM's to reset everyone's ID because "they are having issues". They have more important things to do. If it doesn't work then maybe you should consider restarting the instance.

Other things that could affect it is if you do a 10 and go to 25 and back to 10 and vice versa, someone did a heroic kill at some point, or they pugged it with someone else and did a few more bosses that week that you don't know about.

We haven't extended any lockouts so I can't anything regarding that matter but that wouldn't definately not be the only annoying bug out there..

Luckily we have only encountered this once on our heroic sha of fear attempts, hopefully it stays that way because getting huddle in terror applied during phase 1 isn't too fun:

15+ Year Old Account
    That's a bummer... Wait another reset

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigeri View Post
    because getting huddle in terror applied during phase 1 isn't too fun:

Don't vanish during a P2 wipe, then.

what happened to "the customer is always right?"
    You mean the battle cry of spoiled brat consumers all over the country?

What "happened" is that we don't live in a world where you can say "Can I speak to a manager?" and have them wave their fairy wand to make your problem go away, despite what you've been conditioned to think from all the times your McDonald's orders took 30 seconds longer than you arbitrarily thought they should. It's either a freak bug, or a known issue that Blizzard is undoubtedly trying to fix.

"The customer is always right" - look at that sentence. Is that a rational realistic truth, or a marketing ploy for companies designed to inflate consumer ego? Pulling this card pretty much translates to "I want my way and I want it now and I have no intention whatsoever of being reasoned with". Yes, I think they should have reset your ID (and I'm not going to speculate why they didn't), but you're going to need more than "I am the customer and therefore I'm right!" if you expect much sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by titcch View Post
    Don't vanish during a P2 wipe, then.
    But it saves me a bunch of noodles!

It's still weird, happened just once and we also have an mage using invisibility when possible. Oh well :>

as a person working in user to user support for years:

NO! The customer is almost never right. Get that through your head. It's a fallacy, a nice one, but still wrong. The customer is only right in the fact that he deserves attention from professional people to help whatever problem he/she/it has looked at. That doesn't mean said customer can boss around, act like some elitist douche or more.

You're a customer, you don't pay the GM's (not directly) so you do not get to say what they do.

Yesterday we had a same raid id bug in untouched HoF. One of our healers got ported out, it can happen even if you have zero bosses killed. Not fun.

Deleted
    Yeah we had someone in HoF yesterday that kept crashing, after that HoF instance server went poof, and that was after a few good meljarak tries...

Deleted
    This is why fixed heroic raid ID's need to go bye-bye. Countless guilds getting screwed out of raid nights/weeks by bugs and not being able to switch sizes is a far far bigger issue than a few elite guilds squabbling over world/server firsts (which are only fought for a fraction of each raid tier) by trying to boost mains or some other exploit that could easily be punished on a case-by-case basis. (esp in the case of world first)
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2013-02-18 at 01:23 PM.

Deleted

You should insist. You know what they say.

"You're not a real man until you have blood on your sword."