Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    well if you ask me, Swedish women are the best pieces of meat in the world !.im an american male and love Swedish women!

There are plenty of "free range" farms in the US, but you have to be careful since that term can mean different things. There are ranchers that keep their cattle on open, grass-fed pastures, but that beef is much more expensive than feedlot beef and it has a distinctive gamey taste. Most ranchers here euthanize the animals with the bolt gun, so at least their death is very quick and relatively painless. If you truly care about animal welfare these options are available, but be prepared to spend 2-3 times more.

I do think that the these barbarous practices from the Muslim world should be banned outright. No western country should give any sort of heed to such primitive mythology anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-02-17 at 02:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I don't like this type of logic where meat taste different depending on how you treat the animal. People should stop making up bull and nonsense.

That type of cultural mythology works the other way around in the far east where they purposely torture the animal so that the meat taste "better".
    What you feed it and what they put in it however can definitely affect the taste, and "stress" hormones also affect the taste of the meat as well. Some people may think that having those stress hormones makes it taste better, but as far as I'm aware most believe less stress makes it taste better.

But taste is definitely affected by how you treat the animal.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Meat in Belgium is pretty much despicable to my mind.
    We have a large Islamic immigrant populace now, that demands Halal meat. Due to this, nearly every butcher makes their meat Halal, thus as far as cruelty goes, the poor animals die in rather a horrendous fashion, simply because some magical fucking book says "This must be so". Under Dhabihah, they slit the throat, severing both carotid arteries, but leaving the spinal cord intact, so any pain the animal can feel remains until death. Utterly, fucking farcical tbh.

So basically, most meat in Belgium now is Halal, simply due to it being more expensive now to *not* be Halal due to the amount of people demanding it, thus a lot of animals suffer unduly to my mind.
    Eating them is no worse than the way people butcher them. This is like PETA and Gaia propaganda for forcing us to stop eating meat..
    And in Belgium, I can get meat which is not halal for a good price. Either your are being biased or don't know a thing.
    Besides, muslims have their own butchers... I don't see how this can create a problem with non-muslims.
    It doesn't even bother me.

Norwegian meat is alright, but I do prefer Swedish or Denmark's meat selection.
    Scandinavia's meat in General is great though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

I don't like this type of logic where meat taste different depending on how you treat the animal. People should stop making up bull and nonsense.

That type of cultural mythology works the other way around in the far east where they purposely torture the animal so that the meat taste "better".
    It does taste different. Feedlot animals are grown on grain (which is not a natural diet for cattle) and get very little exercise. Once you taste true grass-fed beef from animals who are allowed to roam over huge pastures the difference is unmistakeable.

its BS, from a narrowminded person, just as u said. There are some countries in the world that treat animals horrible ofc, but far everywhere but sweden.

im from sweden myself and i know that we, just as many other countries in the world, suffer from hubris. we always seem to think that we are better than other countries which in some cases ofc is true, just as its true in some cases in other countries.

i do however support the idea of buying swedish meat for the sake of ecology and supporting swedish farms, which atm has it kinda though as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    What you feed it and what they put in it however can definitely affect the taste, and "stress" hormones also affect the taste of the meat as well. Some people may think that having those stress hormones makes it taste better, but as far as I'm aware most believe less stress makes it taste better.

But taste is definitely affected by how you treat the animal.

I have never been able to tell the difference between a hamburger that was scared and one that wasn't. Nonsense. There might be real biology behind that but not real taste testing nor remnants that still remain after being cooked. People can claim it all they want in arm-chair science, but no sensible person can tell what was on an animals mind while eating it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meat tastes the same for me whether it's from local animals or shipped across the planet, whether it was "happy" or treated very badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    It does taste different. Feedlot animals are grown on grain (which is not a natural diet for cattle) and get very little exercise. Once you taste true grass-fed beef from animals who are allowed to roam over huge pastures the difference is unmistakeable.
    physical diet and exercise has little to do with animals psychological experience before they die. I am more referring to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Utakatagaming View Post
    Meat in Denmark is really dayum good ive been around in the world and yeah danish meat is the best might ofc be because i usually live in denmark
    Well - we are known for the bacon...

Deleted
    I'm not even sure were my meat comes from : / I just know it was brought home from ICA ^^

I have never been able to tell the difference between a hamburger that was scared and one that wasn't. Nonsense. There might be real biology behind that but not real taste testing nor remnants that still remain after being cooked. People can claim it all they want in arm-chair science, but no sensible person can tell what was on an animals mind while eating it.
    Animals that are under stress during their slaughter will have tighter muscles than those who are relaxed. The latter tastes better because the meat will be more tender.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    You know those documentaries where they show the terrible living conditions of beef cows raised in the US?

You know how people tell you that it's a load of BS, and you might believe them?

Yeah, been there, it really is a shit hole that they're raised in.

I try to buy local when it's available since a lot of the big cattle farms where meat is shipped in from are terrible. I think when I went to argentina that was some of the best steaks I've ever had, since all of their beef is grass fed and free range.
    I <3 sweeping generalizations. Yes, all US cattle are raised in shit and all Argentine beef is free range and grass fed. Of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meat in my country is great, buy beef get horse meat.

It does change the taste. Feed affects it, age affects it, type of death affects it, location can also affect it.

Deleted
    Meat is fairly decent in England, though I prefer to buy only the free range meats rather than intensive farmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    It does change the taste. Feed affects it, age affects it, type of death affects it, location can also affect it.
    Indeed. Stress hormones do nasty things to the consistency of the meat, not to mention terroir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Animals that are under stress during their slaughter will have tighter muscles than those who are relaxed. The latter tastes better because the meat will be more tender.
    I don't necessarily believe that. If someone flexes a muscle right before it becomes severed, the tightness in the muscle obviously retracts immediately.

Deleted
    I don't necessarily believe that.
    There's also the fact that the stress hormones in the meat transfer to the recipient upon consuming, and have effects on the eater as well. There's plenty of studies that have been done on the subject. I'd educate myself before making claims with no knowledge of the issue at hand.