Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    A Halo title should be higher on the list. I didn't go through much of the list but it should be close to the top 10 or in the top 10. Why? Because it's pretty much a definitive title in the genre for consoles and is a landmark title in that area. Similar to Half-Life. In fact I'd put Half-Life higher than its sequel and close to the top too because it's one of the earliest examples of an FPS game that's cinematic and well-scripted.
    For the same reasons as above, World of Warcraft belongs in the top 10. It's a genre defining game and has set the bar and pretty much nudged it up multiple times since its release.
    Uncharted 2 again can probably be described as a definitive title but it's easy to pick apart why I wouldn't put it so high. It's incredibly linear and has too many sequences in which it's barely gameplay (ie being forced to walk through cooridors while a character talks to you). It's also a fairly short game and the multiplayer is far from great.

10+ Year Old Account
    skyrim at 52.. really?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    See, things like this are odd to me. Obviously this is all subjective and no one's really wrong, but how in the world is Tecmo Super Bowl better than, say, Madden '10? Don't get me wrong, I used to play the shit out of TSB when it was relevant, but that was decades ago. Best American football game of its time, sure, but unless the list is intentionally themed for nostalgia, it's just a flittering memory compared to newer games.

I couldn't care less about graphics, but the gameplay and options are lightyears ahead. That's the whole point of advancement. The same could be said for Street Fighter2 (Ew, SNK ftw) C&C, Castle Wolfenstein... I mean I can just stop here. Basically most of your list.

Again, subjectivity.
    Because the article was articulated in this manner, "Best games of all time." It was not presented as, "The best games of recent years." Thus, imho, it would include trailblazers through all of gaming history.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Eh, what? WarCraft 1 is better than both WarCraft 2 and 3? Diablo 2 is worse than Diablo 1? World of WarCraft is a weak addition to the WarCraft franchise?
    Did I stutter? World of Warcraft could have been placed in a new universe with different lore and the WarCraft franchise wouldn't have been any less of a franchise than it is today. In fact, it probably would be a better franchise since it wouldn't have the terrible retcons of the lore that were added with WoW.

I agree WoW being in the top 10.

However my own list (from the list of games I have played (mind you that I do not like shooters and thus cannot include them in my list)):

1. World of Warcraft
    2. Mario Kart SNES (when it actually took skill to race properly)
    3. Final Fantasy VII
    4. The Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time
    5. Warcraft III + TFT
    6. Final Fantasy VIII
    7. Wanderers From Ys (if anyone knows this) SNES
    8. Top Gear (SNES EU version, the US version is called different) > Save the trees and fine wine should ring a bell <
    9. The Legend of Zelda, a link to the past (SNES)
    10. Diablo I (not really played II but III sucks balls for me)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    Soo many people who never heard of Chrono Trigger... o_O
    I'm seriously confused... It can't be... You guys have a LIFE??

Still not an excuse.
    There is a fan-made version of it with added extras and stuff.
    Try it! NOW!!
    EUROPEAN here
    Platform(s) SNES, PlayStation, Nintendo DS, Mobile phones, iOS, Android

Never had PS, nor SNES (wtf is that?), nor DS.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post

What do you guys think, though? The entire list itself, although some of the choices I disagreed with or was confused with, I thought was well constructed.

Do you agree with it? Do you think WoW should be placed higher or lower? Do you think it shouldn't even be on the list?

Discuss gents.
    It should be, here is MY best 100 games, rather than here is the best 100 games. The reviewer obviously did not play any games older than a certain generation and only what was available in the US.

They should really stop making these stupid lists.

Deleted
    I would ignore that list, since it lists games like Halo 4 but won't list the original Halo.
    And I might've missed it, but I couldn't find Ocarine of Time anywhere in the top 100.

Sure I saw some good titles come by, but they also left out a few really good ones.
    Oh, and they listed some shitty recent games as well, probably still biased from the new release hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How the fuck is Portal number 1? Wtf is this shit?
    Because it's a fun game. Me and all of my friends and family enjoy it more than any other game so that's all we play. I pretty much agree to it being the number 1 game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Eh, what? WarCraft 1 is better than both WarCraft 2 and 3? Diablo 2 is worse than Diablo 1? World of WarCraft is a weak addition to the WarCraft franchise?
    I still think Warcraft 2 is their best warcraft game. 1 and 3 were nice as well, but WoW is definitely the worst. An MMO doesn't lend itself for good storytelling or showing a full scale war. Just compare the war in MoP to that in Warcraft 1 or 2. In the earlier games you were conquering entire zones, the war rages over multiple continents. Now in MoP all you do is bomb one city and siege another, and most of that is just one quest while you don't really notice the consequences. Add a bunch of retcons and complete nonsense additions and you can understand why WoW is the worst addition to the franchise. Well, I'm talking about storytelling that is... in case of making a lot of money and having replayability WoW wins obviously.

And I also believe Diablo 1 was their best diablo game. It was much darker and had more a sense of danger (probably because you couldn't see far ahead, and you couldn't run) than the new games, which play increasingly more like an arcade monster bashing game. But hey, everything is taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
    Portal 1 at one? Lol
    Some games I haven't ever heard of.
    To be honest, in my opinion WoW should be higher and Mario or Zelda at one and two.
    This list is an opinion.
    It really is, but they got it right with Chrono Trigger for some reasion, but thats too opinion, however a good one. Hardly seen a better japanese rpg, especially for its time.

Maybe they all mean for its time then the lists makes a bit more sense....but i would never agree with portal nr1. don't fit just above Chrono Trigger. This makes no sense. A genre list with a timeframe would be more accurate.

Of course no one gives a damn about the ranking anyways.(but its still such biased, that it hurts)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I still think Warcraft 2 is their best warcraft game. 1 and 3 were nice as well, but WoW is definitely the worst. An MMO doesn't lend itself for good storytelling or showing a full scale war. Just compare the war in MoP to that in Warcraft 1 or 2. In the earlier games you were conquering entire zones, the war rages over multiple continents. Now in MoP all you do is bomb one city and siege another, and most of that is just one quest while you don't really notice the consequences. Add a bunch of retcons and complete nonsense additions and you can understand why WoW is the worst addition to the franchise. Well, I'm talking about storytelling that is... in case of making a lot of money and having replayability WoW wins obviously.

And I also believe Diablo 1 was their best diablo game. It was much darker and had more a sense of danger (probably because you couldn't see far ahead, and you couldn't run) than the new games, which play increasingly more like an arcade monster bashing game. But hey, everything is taste.
    just recently replayed wacraft2 beyond the dark portal - yeah its a good game but certainly not their best. WC3 is far superior, that one can't be argued. The factions are almost as diverse as in starcraft, while wc2 both factions had little difference but exact stat numbers with different unit graphics, and just different spells for their spellcasters. I only speak about the technical side of things here - must also say the heroes did hurt a bit the tactical part of warcraft, though. Just to say something negative.

But you seem to compare stories.....of course i like wc2 story a bit more than wc3 story, allthough while the BL stuff can be annyoing i like the scourge stuff. Also the development of the orcs to green jesus pawns is not a good direction for them what gives that game a bad taste in the mouth.

But better to read real books anyways.(Not wow novels, that only exist to create retcons)

I agree on all what said on wow and mmos, actually wow is stalling the story for years now, there is hardly any development made, especially considering the conflict alliance vs horde. SoO is uncalled for. There is my Siege of Stormwind? Not everyone disagrees with Garrosh's rule either, especially meaning the orcs here. Every proud orc want the most powerful warchief to lead them, Garrosh certainly is the most powerful with the heart of an old god giving him more power than any warchief before him.

This rebellion should be overthrown, Vol'jin's head should get impaled on a stick in front of orgrimmars gate and his village should be a place of scorched earth.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-07-16 at 03:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The stiffs who make these lists are journos who happened to play the game once while sitting at a friends house eating pizza on a friday night
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    skyrim at 52.. really?
    As absurdly amazing as the game is, all the groundwork for an amazing open world RPG was set up by Morrowind which is why ESIII should be in the top 15 at least and not ESV.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    1. Portal
    2. Chrono Trigger
    3. Super Metroid
    4. Shadow of the Colossus
    5. Wind Waker
    6. BioShock
    7. Super Mario Bros 3
    8. Uncharted 2
    9. Link to the Past
    10. WoW

Just so you know the company we are in as a top 10 game.
    Mario Kart nor Super Smash not making the top 10? Nonsense.

Interesting list but at the end of the day its the opinion of a site that i have never seen / heard of before so im not really worried if my fav game isn't in their top 10 or w/e

These lists are silly. There's million "BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME!!" lists because every site and source wants their own list for people to click on.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

even though I suspect is just the combination of a few opinions WoW should be in the top10. It had (still has) a huge following, was known outside the gaming community (in a negative way but still managed to do so), and was a great game in its prime even though its lost a lot of its shine.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Never had PS, nor SNES (wtf is that?), nor DS.
    A SNES is a Super Nintendo. The 16 bit version.