Difficulties finding 10-man group

With all the talk about the lack of 25-man groups...I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I'm finding that attempting to put together - or even join - a 10-man raiding group also is proving problematic.

10-mans are either already formed, or are in the process of attempting to be formed but can't seem to quite come together for many reasons, the main one of which seems to be scheduling - finding the right day that everyone who has the gear to do it can be online to raid.

Maybe this was already a problem. But, to me at least, it appears to be particularly exacerbated in this latest expansion. I can't, however, lay all the blame on the expansion itself because, as I said, the problem seems more or less to be people's schedules. Just don't really know why it should be so different in this latest expansion as from previous versions.

Is anyone else out there seeing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin View Post
    With all the talk about the lack of 25-man groups...I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I'm finding that attempting to put together - or even join - a 10-man raiding group also is proving problematic.

10-mans are either already formed, or are in the process of attempting to be formed but can't seem to quite come together for many reasons, the main one of which seems to be scheduling - finding the right day that everyone who has the gear to do it can be online to raid.

Maybe this was already a problem. But, to me at least, it appears to be particularly exacerbated in this latest expansion. I can't, however, lay all the blame on the expansion itself because, as I said, the problem seems more or less to be people's schedules. Just don't really know why it should be so different in this latest expansion as from previous versions.

Is anyone else out there seeing this?
    Well people that have been playing this game for over a few years or started playing it when they were in school are now in full time jobs or have other commitments and not as much free time.

But more importantly it could also be that people don't actually care to raid any more. I mean LFR completely took it out. I wasn't a hardcore raider by any means but I strived to to be the best I could be and always looked to improve and play my class to its best. I made an effort to enchant, socket to not be a liability and I would enjoy those days when I got taken to a raid. Now its all about queueing and getting free raid gear. I mean you don't even have to make an effort any more.

Some people will talk about Normal Mode and Heroic Mode. Well those are simply difficulty levels. The entire experience is purely screwed up with the LFR.

And say most people that use to actually bother trying to find a 10M group now simply stick to LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    Well people that have been playing this game for over a few years or started playing it when they were in school are now in full time jobs or have other commitments and not as much free time.

But more importantly it could also be that people don't actually care to raid any more. I mean LFR completely took it out. I wasn't a hardcore raider by any means but I strived to to be the best I could be and always looked to improve and play my class to its best. I made an effort to enchant, socket to not be a liability and I would enjoy those days when I got taken to a raid. Now its all about queueing and getting free raid gear. I mean you don't even have to make an effort any more.

Some people will talk about Normal Mode and Heroic Mode. Well those are simply difficulty levels. The entire experience is purely screwed up with the LFR.

And say most people that use to actually bother trying to find a 10M group now simply stick to LFR.
    That's what I've thought too.

There's plenty I could write about it, but it'd get lost in the "numbers=it's popular and working" and "lfr is fine" diatribe. I hardly have the interest of arguing the point anymore.

At least I'm interested enough to see what happens with the Horde leadership and insane Jain(a).

You are just feeling what 25 man raiders have been feelings for a while now, its nothing new.
    Now I know there is plenty Blizz could do to fix it but LFR doesn't ruin it. I still have the same drive to kill everything as I did before, and because of LFR they can make normals be decently difficult which in turn makes heroics even harder. LFR is just a tool they used to quell how people complained over not seeing content, now you can so we can't complain over that. Now however more topics like this pop up saying that LFR is a waste..

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    You are just feeling what 25 man raiders have been feelings for a while now, its nothing new.
    Now I know there is plenty Blizz could do to fix it but LFR doesn't ruin it. I still have the same drive to kill everything as I did before, and because of LFR they can make normals be decently difficult which in turn makes heroics even harder. LFR is just a tool they used to quell how people complained over not seeing content, now you can so we can't complain over that. Now however more topics like this pop up saying that LFR is a waste..
    Nobody's saying it's a waste. If it was, it wouldn't be a problem.

You do make a good point though, about what I'm saying when you relate it to "what 25 man raiders have been feeling for a while now."

Many people take the path of least resistance. Many 25-man raiders to go 10-manning with that change. Now 10-manners go to LFR.

I suppose in a couple of years we'll be having the discussion of, "How can we revitalize 10-man raiding groups?"

How hard are you really trying? You can go to wow progress and search for guilds looking for players right now.

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us?fa...n&class=&spec=

That's 10-man alliance guilds raiding 1 to 2 nights per week looking for anything. Now, take your experience and gear into play and you can find yourself a guild.

And there's a recruitment forum on here too. And there's one on the official site also. Etc. Etc. I prefer to raid with people I already know, of which there are several left, but not enough.

It would be nice to be able to compare how many guilds were recruiting at the time of other tiers as opposed to currently. I shouldn't have to pay for a server transfer for 9 additional people.

10+ Year Old Account
    First you say,
    which you follow up with,

And there's a recruitment forum on here too. And there's one on the official site also. Etc. Etc. I prefer to raid with people I already know, of which there are several left, but not enough.

It would be nice to be able to compare how many guilds were recruiting at the time of other tiers as opposed to currently. I shouldn't have to pay for a server transfer for 9 additional people.
    if you don't know 9 other people that can raid I'm just not sure what this thread is about, we don't need another thread complaining about nothing, but their lack of effort in trying

I'm not trying to argue, but what are you really complaining about then? Nobody is asking you to pay for 9 other people to server transfer, but if you're looking to raid on a consistent basis then it might require some effort on your part. If you're on a low-to-medium population server with saturated 10-man guilds, that might also include transferring away from your current server and to one that you are interested in working with.

Also, what good would it do to know what people needed in Dragon Soul? Firelands? What benefit would you gain from knowing what guilds needed just before Christmas for Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring progression as compared to now? None of that influences you NOW whatsoever. For example, a guild will not be looking for players to fill PREVIOUS gaps in their rosters, but rather CURRENT gaps.

Let's pretend that you're an approximately 485 item level Dranei Retribution Paladin on a low-middle population US server, and are interested in staying Alliance (so that you can RealID with your friends) and raiding one to two nights per week (one mostly with an occasional second). With this item level and specifications, you should be looking for guilds that have Mogu'shan Vaults (6/6) on farm, Heart of Fear (3 to 4/6) on farm, and Terrace of Endless Spring (1 to 2/4) on farm. The guilds might be higher progressed, and even have one to two Heroic Mogu'shan Vaults boss kills as well.

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us?fa...ec=retribution

Bam. Page 2 and below likely fit your needs. If you're not willing to use this level of thought and effort to looking for a new guild to get the needs that you want, this entire thread seems like another complaint that really is not necessary.

Good luck.

Nevermind.

It was supposed to be a simple question whether anyone else was seeing the same thing. My question was answered in another thread, and based one the amount of responses, the answer is "yes". Plenty of people are experiencing the same thing.