Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    can't wait to see what kind of costumes there will be if they are still having the costume contest this year.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    can't wait to see what kind of costumes there will be if they are still having the costume contest this year.
    We need more Alexstrasza and Sally Whitemane, thats for sure

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    We need more Alexstrasza and Sally Whitemane, thats for sure
    I hope that Pandaren brewmaster from the world championships returns.

Also, expect a lot of that Zerg lady. Probably some Aysas....

And yes, a ton of Sylvanas, Sally Whitemane, and Alexstrasza.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope next expansion will be announced, and that the expansion is going to be pretty bad-ass like Burning legion?

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    http://www.titaneverything.com/2012/...project-titan/
    They only had a few people working on it four years ago. Now they have over 100.
    And you don't think 4 and a half years of development can create enough content for a trailer?

Development of WoW started in 1999. They announced the game in 2001. F&F started in 2003.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    I hope next expansion is announced, and that the expansion is going to be pretty bad-ass like Burning legion?
    Alright, you baited me into it. And it's certainly going to be revealed, it's the trend for years to go like this. Release, Reveal, Release, Reveal, Release, Reveal...

Dokhidamo's Expansion V Wishlist
    *New Horde Race - Ogre
    *New Alliance Race - Broken
    *New Neutral Race - Ethereal
    *New Hero Class - Demon Hunter
    *Level Cap Raised to 100
    *New Continent - Argus
    *Outland Questline Revamp (No terrain changes, this will not be another Shattering)
    *Released as part of a year-long 10th anniversary superbash.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 12:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    And you don't think 4 and a half years of development can create enough content for a trailer?

Development of WoW started in 1999. They announced the game in 2001. F&F started in 2003.
    Development? Or initial planning?

Development on Titan started 1 or 2 years ago. Initial planning has been 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Alright, you baited me into it. And it's certainly going to be revealed, it's the trend for years to go like this. Release, Reveal, Release, Reveal, Release, Reveal...

*New Horde Race - Ogre
    *Level Cap Raised to 100
    *New Continent - Argus
    *Outland Questline Revamp (No terrain changes, this will not be another Shattering)
    *Released as part of a year-long 10th anniversary superbash.[COLOR="red"]
    If the next expansion goes to level 100, then I hope we get a way to skip the first 60 levels or so...yikes.

Development on Titan started 1 or 2 years ago. Initial planning has been 4 years.
    I'm just going by the interview that was linked:

http://www.titaneverything.com/2012/...project-titan/

Core development(Rob Pardo's own words) started in 2008. Initial planning stretches back to maybe 2006 when the first devs started getting pulled off WoW to work on Titan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post

You asked for information that supported another poster's statement that development of Titan only really picked up in the past few years. I gave you a quote which says exactly that. Now you want to know if four years is enough time to put together a trailer and give me the chronology of WoW's gestation. The fact of the matter is we don't know how far along Titan is. They could very well announce it on Blizzcon with a trailer and all the trimmings or , more likely in my thinking, we will have a blue announcement stating that no Titan info will be revealed like they did two years ago when people started working themselves up over Titan. Either way I won't be surprised, but I won't be drawn in a debate where circumstantial facts are used as evidence either way.

10+ Year Old Account

*New Horde Race - Ogre
    *Level Cap Raised to 100
    *New Continent - Argus

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 12:51 PM ----------

Blizzards final chance of WoW increasing in subscribers is to making something that intense/badass to make people even those who arent intrested in WoW, intrested to play WoW.

A good expansion isn't good enough anymore, MoP is great, there are points that needs to be fixed ,but MoP in General is amazing.
    MoP is far from what i expected since the day it was announced, and im happy Blizzard did MoP so well.

But i think we really need something badass to intrest those who are still playing and those who left or are generally new to WoW.

If that doesn't work i fear for WoW, Not that it will die any time soon, but it wont increase anymore

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    You asked for information that supported another poster's statement that development of Titan only really picked up in the past few years. I gave you a quote which says exactly that. Now you want to know if four years is enough time to put together a trailer and give me the chronology of WoW's gestation. The fact of the matter is we don't know how far along Titan is. They could very well announce it on Blizzcon with a trailer and all the trimmings or , more likely in my thinking, we will have a blue announcement stating that no Titan info will be revealed like they did two years ago when people started working themselves up over Titan. Either way I won't be surprised, but I won't be drawn in a debate where circumstantial facts are used as evidence either way.
    Sorry, I thought the poster I originally replied to was the one who posted the link. I realized my mistake when he said development only started the last year or two which directly contradicts the link you posted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    Blizzards final chance of WoW increasing in subscribers is to making something that intense/badass to make people even those who arent intrested in WoW, intrested to play WoW.

A good expansion isn't good enough anymore, MoP is great, there are points that needs to be fixed ,but MoP in General is amazing.
    MoP is far from what i expected since the day it was announced, and im happy Blizzard did MoP so well.

But i think we really need something badass to intrest those who are still playing and those who left or are generally new to WoW.

If that doesn't work i fear for WoW, Not that it will die any time soon, but it wont increase anymore
    What is badass? Does WoW tread more toward Warhammer, where all that matters is how much carnage you create? Or should it trend more toward Everquest or LotR, where the story dictates what happens?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is badass? Does WoW tread more toward Warhammer, where all that matters is how much carnage you create? Or should it trend more toward Everquest or LotR, where the story dictates what happens?
    Well i don't know how to answer that >,<

Deleted
    imo with 100 levels they will never get more new people into the game. They should think about a way to reduce levels not to give 10 extra above 90 what we already have.

Do they serve beer at Blizzcon?

10+ Year Old Account

*New Horde Race - Ogre
    *Level Cap Raised to 100
    *New Continent - Argus
    I shall bookmark this and see how much of it rings true later this year .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I shall bookmark this and see how much of it rings true later this year .
    probably nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzilla3 View Post
    Do they serve beer at Blizzcon?
    They do sell it usually, although last year it was expensive and the selection was not that great. They have little bars set up around the place.

I was actually just telling someone that I was shocked by how cheap beer was the first year or two. Alcohol usually has such a huge markup, especially at things like conventions with a captive audience, but I think I got a can for $3 USD in '07. Which is cheap for anywhere, but super cheap for a con. The last year, though, it was like ~$8 for a plastic cup of not much. But I guess that's about what you'd expect to pay at a convention.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by kennyisnotdead View Post
    No new WoW xpack, MoP is still very new.
    Um what? They announced cata 9months after Wrath release and Mop 10 months after cata release. Mop will be over a year old by the next blizzcon so far more likely we get a WoW announcement.

Am not sure if they gonna announce titan or a new wow expansion,but i have feeling it is gonna be something about character model update & also diablo 3 expansion.