Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Go to multiple cities. My bro and his girlfriend went to NY, DC, Miami, Las Vegas, San Francisco, LA, Chicago, Philadelphia and Houston. All in 2 or 3 weeks. That's excluding all the natural attractions they went to, such as the Grand Canyon. Yeah, I don't really know how they managed it either. But yeah, they were pretty amazed. I think you'd be missing out on a lot if you went to just one city.

10+ Year Old Account
    California.

But don't be all touristy and go to the cities... go to the mountains, the forests, the beaches, the deserts... those are the nice places.

Yosemite valley is amazing, sequoia national park is beautiful... really, anywhere in Northern California is nice.

If you do feel inclined to go to Los Angeles for the amusement parks or such, just don't actually stay "in" Los Angeles. Find a nice area of one of the surrounding cities to stay in.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can see the biggest mall in America in Minneapolis which is the Mall of America. It has its own amusement park inside. Everyone I know from far away calls me to stop by whenever they visit it.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2013-02-21 at 10:27 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go to Toronto or Rio de Janeiro
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Vegas.

Done.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Vegas.

Done.
    Eh, Vegas sucks. It's hot everywhere, all the time, and smells like acrid cigarette smoke everywhere, all the time... It's like New York City in the dead of summer, but more crowded.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Don't be a typical tourist and go to New York. I highly recommend visiting Boston, Massachusetts for your first trip to the states. Having studied in London, I think there are a lot of similarities in culture, which you may appreciate. We also have some of the best sports teams (but more importantly, fans) in the country. I would check out the state's tourism website for more info (MassVacation.com).

Deleted
    New York City and maybe visit the Amish or Niagara Falls, or go to the West Coast and visit LA, Las Vegas, some of the national parks of the west (grand canyon etc)

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Go to NYC if you got the time money and want a good time, I live near Miami and it sucks down here, especially for a tourist out of the country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Go to NYC if you got the time money and want a good time, I live near Miami and it sucks down here, especially for a tourist out of the country.
    meh I've been there last year, lots of incompetent airport personnel that hardly spoke any English but Miami Beach was beautiful. But you really gotta teach all those immigrants some English ;<.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2013-05-26 at 03:49 AM.

If you can, you should take time to visit some of the eastern national parks, such as the Shenandoah and the Smokies. Incredible beauty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binge View Post
    Always wanted to go america for a week or so for holiday, i live in uk and am 23 near 24 atm, dont know why but always wanted to go to america but no idea were to pick, mostly would be walking around, hope to meet people, soak in some culture but clubs etc to,

Someone please take the N off american please in title lol
    I'd avoid every major city like the plague... go to semi-major cities, and places more out West. Places like the Grand Canyon, etc.

I'm from Kentucky btw so not saying the things I said because I'm biased or something.
    Call me House.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xl House lX View Post
    I'd avoid every major city like the plague... go to semi-major cities, and places more out West. Places like the Grand Canyon, etc.

I'm from Kentucky btw so not saying the things I said because I'm biased or something.
    why? NYC is awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    if you know how to walk go to NYC, cant tell u how many tourists will stop traffic to get their pictures in the middle of a sidewalk :P
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Always wanted to go america for a week or so for holiday, i live in uk and am 23 near 24 atm, dont know why but always wanted to go to america but no idea were to pick, mostly would be walking around, hope to meet people, soak in some culture but clubs etc to,

Someone please take the N off american please in title lol
    This is tricky since the US is like all of Europe in one country. Each region in the US has a different culture a different feel, and in some cases a different dialect.

If you plan on Walking a lot, New York, San Francisco, New Orleans, Miami, Seattle are all good Choices. If you want a city with a lot of different things to do, Los Angeles is a good choice. Really it depends on what you like to do, do you want Disney and Beaches, or Urban Jungle, Do you like food, walking, clean air, Deserts.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The thing is, the US has so many different types of places, that it depends what you want to experience.
    ^ This. There's an awful lot to see in the US. New York and DC are both good places, and there's plenty of really awesome scenery to visit as well out in the country. Yellowstone, any beaches really, and Hawaii is also beautiful. Disneyworld/ Disney land are both pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    You'll find the most authentic American experience in the Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Missouri area complete with muscle cars, John Mellencamp and small town life.
    I was about to say something along the lines of Ohio being boring, but apparently it's really cool to people who have never been here. The "farm life" is a pretty popular tourist attraction..

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Friendly people is always a bonus lol, wouldnt mind people stopping and talking to me beacause of my accent good convo starter, would like a place with a decent night life to for the first few days, then take a chilled approach and just really meet people, walk around and take everythink in, i did look at las vegas but it looks abit crazy at points
    If friendly people is what you want New York is should be taken off the list, they have the nightlife but they have levels of angry and mean that is only understood by New Yorkers. ie a friendly greeting could be "Hey! Fuck You!". If you want friendly, I would say any southern state. As for Nightlife any city over a million will have some nightlife. Granted New York and LA have the most Night Clubs with Miami, Tampa, New Orleans, Seattle, San Antonio, Austin, San Francisco, and Chicago coming in just behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have one place to go in North America, it has to be New York City.