Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    I'm pretty sure that yanking friends from another server onto mine is classifed as Cross-Realm Zoning. It's just not automatic like in old-world zones.
    That's cross realm grouping. It existed before CRZ. Cross realm zoning refers to merging (not really the right word but its close enough) the zones of 2+ servers and merging ALL the players of those servers' zones into one - on a per zone basis. It is not active in Pandaria. Cross realm grouping is.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    That's cross realm grouping. It existed before CRZ.
    For old raids and BGs, yes. Not for interaction in the open world.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqacia View Post
    3. Guilds on servers with high populations will have serious difficulties in killing this boss since so many others will tag the boss, get hit by the "chain lightning" and wipe the raid.
    The Chain Lightning (Spiritfire Beam) can only jump to a maximum of 20 players. These servers with high populations will have a lot more than 20 people attacking the boss at the same time. Even if idiots cause chains to occur, it's not going to destroy the pull.

It came in the Mop pre patch while crz came a few weeks later.

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    The Chain Lightning (Spiritfire Beam) can only jump to a maximum of 20 players. These servers with high populations will have a lot more than 20 people attacking the boss at the same time. Even if idiots cause chains to occur, it's not going to destroy the pull.
    Still think all dps should come in tank spec and let vegence beast mode them through this fight.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aqacia View Post
    That is messed up. I can name so many reasons as to why this is bad.

1. People will run in, tag the boss and then die, hoping that the real raid wont wipe so that they can get some loot.
    2. Since this boss is supposed to be so difficult, I wouldn't be suprised if the item level of the drops are the same as heroic level loot, making anyone able to recieve heroic loot by doing what I just said in #1.
    3. Guilds on servers with high populations will have serious difficulties in killing this boss since so many others will tag the boss, get hit by the "chain lightning" and wipe the raid.

etc etc.
    I missed the part where Galleon dropped heroic level loot.

No, it's still cross realm grouping. Cross Realm Zones are zones that span multiple servers, not groups.

In one, members of a group are pulled to the same server, in the other, everybody in a specific zone is. They use the same tech, but they aren't the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    It came in the Mop pre patch while crz came a few weeks later.
    Old raids, yes. BGs, no. You were able to queue with people from other realms for some time before that.