Deleted

Tank geming for Sha HC

Hi

I´m main tank in my guild wich is currently having everything on farm except for Sha HC where the only thing that I die from is the Dread Thrash in p2.
    My question is about the optimal geming for both thrash and dread thrash. What´s the best? Should I go full stamina, full mastery to get more block or any other combination?

Here is a link to my armory:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/Kreugr/simple

Thanks

Deleted
    No gemming can reliably save you from a Dread Thrash. Either you use a Shield Block and major CD or you depend on your luck avoiding and critically blocking.

PD: Since you didn't say 10 or 25, I will play the probability game with a touch of personal preferences and say that you should get rid of stamina gems and cap expertise. Stormbolt don't a thing there, but Bloodbath and Dragon Roar is good for dps. And you need to help with dps on adds there.

Deleted
    Full stamina gems with expertise hardcap is easily going to your best way to survive, double stamina trinkets aswell
    You need to occasionally delay shield block to have it up with a dread thrash, if for whatever reason you cant block it use barrier

Dragon roar + BB is really nice as with the correct positioning you can tank the boss in p2 while BB + DR'ing all of the adds and TC'ing them for deep wounds, which is a nice extra amount of dps on them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    No gemming can reliably save you from a Dread Thrash. Either you use a Shield Block and major CD or you depend on your luck avoiding and critically blocking.

PD: Since you didn't say 10 or 25, I will play the probability game with a touch of personal preferences and say that you should get rid of stamina gems and cap expertise. Stormbolt don't a thing there, but Bloodbath and Dragon Roar is good for dps. And you need to help with dps on adds there.
    What this guy said, Dread Thrash means Shield Block, Demo Shout & either Last Stand or Shield wall (You need 2/4 to get last stand on a short enough cooldown)

I found having endless rage or what ever it's called usefull for when the guy decides to just stand there casting specials and shit instead of using a melee swing. So you can refresh your Shield Block.

Edit:

I'd also glyph heroic leap, shorter cooldown and more damage is nice for a little extra add damage, i picked it over the revenge one atleast.
    Last edited by mmocf1c430c691; 2013-02-26 at 09:30 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, like Espada said the key to surviving Dread Thrash is anticipating when it comes and have your Demo Shout or Shield Wall and a shield block up. It's not that bad once you know when it's coming (he can be a dirty scumbag with those sometimes). That's all there is to it, so make sure you got that hit and expertise (hard)capped and go with a lot of stamina so you can safely stand in waterspout while you tunnel the entire mechanic. Healers just have to deal with it.

You can look at my armory to see what I've tanked it in. (I think I'm logged out in Port gear) If not, these were roughly my stats.

Crit Block: 61% raid buffed
    Hit: 7.54%
    Exp:8.2%
    Only one Steam Trinket.

Pretty much 10 seconds before I would be taking the boss, I'd cap rage at 120. Taunt and just use Shield Block, Relic, and Demo Shout for normal thrashes and everything. Dread Thrash I just Wall or Last Stand with Shield Block. If I'm unlucky and I only block every attack for 30% I'll pop Enraged Regen right away.

i would gem mastery but going to need to use another cd for dread thrash.

I personally go for stamina gems, hit/exp caps>mastery>avoidance

as above, demo shout + either wall or last stand, and use shield block + jade warlord figurine or lao-chin's liquid courage, they can't be stacked but you can chain them for 30 seconds to cover all thrashes

Just have healers take turns rolling CDs.