[Resto] 25 - Sotf for which fights?

Just swapped to a 25 man raiding guild and I as far as I understand Sotf used with WG is definitely superior to Incarnation on heavy damage fights.

So I was just curious about what other druids are taking for different bosses, whether it be Sotf all the time or maybe Incarnation for one or two. Also to be interesting to know if anybody takes Natures vigil and for what fights.
    Last edited by Dangerfield; 2013-02-23 at 11:40 AM.

I use incarnation and hotw for every fight, incarnation as much for the 30 seconds of mana neutral healing as for its burst and hotw because I prefer the static 6% int as opposed to the increased healing on cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    Just swapped to a 25 man raiding guild and I as far as I understand Sotf used with WG is definitely superior to Incarnation on heavy damage fights.

So I was just curious about what other druids are taking for different bosses, whether it be Sotf all the time or maybe Incarnation for one or two. Also to be interesting to know if anybody takes Natures vigil and for what fights.
    Depends on the difficulty really. On normals Id say the only fight where SotF is vastly superior is Tsulong. On what little heroic experience I have I'd go Incarnation for Stone Guard, Garajal, Elegon (for last phase) and Blade Lord (last phase after your Tranq on the move ends).

Come 5.2 though SotF is going to be much more popular considering it'll be 70% spell haste to next spell cast instead of 50%.

I use SotF/HOTW on every fight except Tsulong on farm. I did use ToL for Vizier, Lei Shi and Heroic Sha progression, and off and on some night for others, but looking back I think SotF would have been superior for all of them. At this point I think it is the best baseline talent, and can be argued as the best for all the fights, even the one I don't use it:

On Tsulong I stack ToL/NV for GS/hero/DK buffs etc.. Just has worked out the best. I do not use the large buffs on heroic, I would reconsider if I did.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2013-02-23 at 07:43 PM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

I am a 25 man resto druid as well. I don't have much heroic experience but for a fight like Garalon I use SotF for fights were I am assigned muliple CDs such as I use ToL, Tranq and NV for things like rain of blades.

For Tsulong this is one of the best breakdowns I have seen http://healiocentric.wordpress.com/2...id-strategies/

Incarnation for H Zolok, H Protector, H Amber is pretty useful...H Grand Empress is a yes/no thing depending how your healing team is. Apart from that, SOTF is far superior in most fight. Sym a Shaman and you'll have more fun.

Deleted
    I use SotF + HotW on every fight except H Empress where i kinda struggle with mana (not yet down, healing got to be improved). I play with all spirit reforged to mastery / crit (still beter than spirit).

For those that are running with sotf are you going to 5730 haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Migraine View Post
    For those that are running with sotf are you going to 5730 haste?
    No, it's not worth it. However, this will change with 5.2 when you only need 3421 haste for the next SotF WG breakpoint.
    Last edited by Thalur; 2013-02-26 at 10:47 AM.

cheers for the reply's guys, looks like I will be using sotf on every fight unless I'm running oom!