Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty awesome guy. Very honorable. Deserves all the praise and moneys we throw a him P:

Good for him, but these stories do annoy me in some ways; a bit like that other story not long ago with the homeless black guy who had the great voice.

95k for one guy is not bad at all, but I can't help but feel many more people would have been helped if this money was instead donated to a charity to help tackle the issue of homelessness at large.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Good for him, but these stories do annoy me in some ways; a bit like that other story not long ago with the homeless black guy who had the great voice.

95k for one guy is not bad at all, but I can't help but feel many more people would have been helped if this money was instead donated to a charity to help tackle the issue of homelessness at large.
    Money going directly to a person or past the charity makes a big difference I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Why would he not leave the ring?

A hobo find a expensive ring with a name.

1) If he keep it and trying to sell it/pawn he commit a crime, maybe the pawn owner is a villain who have no problem to buy stolen goods, but a "ordinary" hobo do not have the connection to know what pawn owner is honest or a villain (the villain may also keep the ring and throw out the hobo, and what shall the hobo do, complain about it to the police?)

Or the police see the ring or find it on him (lets say then he is drunk) Did you steal it? No I promise I did find it! Yea right tell it to the Judge.

2) He return the ring to the legal owner and get a (legal) reward.

It is quit simple

1) keep the ring, take a huge risk for a "reward"
    2) give the ring back, take no risk for a "reward"

But it so hypocritical, I refuse to pay higher tax to finance general social security, but I can give away ridicules amount of money on one person. Sure the guy need help but not 94 000 $
    Don't really think he could be charged with a crime (if he tried to pawn), honestly. She openly admitted to dumping all of her change purse in his cup and he could just claim "Well, it was in her purse, she gave me what was inside and therefore, it's now mine."