Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Have mistweavers gained any buffs for pvp?

so far I have seen
    Paralysis nerf
    Spear hand nerf
    Chi wave nerf
    More nerfs
    More nerfs
    Cool some things dont cost chi, wonderful/

Only thing decent we got is ring of dumbass.

And lets face an aoe stun is better then an aoe disarm and noones going to intentionally get themselves silenced.

So basically our healing will be worse in in high end arena (not 1800 arena where u can run in and fistweave and not get cced so dont mention it)

how you mean paralyzie nerf? it got a baseline of 40y now

Ignoring that this is blatant whining, Mistweavers have gotten a lot of decent PvP buffs, just look at the patch notes.

Paralysis is 20 yard baseline range
    Chi wave doesn't cost Chi, meaning you can spend that 2 chi on something else
    Life Cocoon undispellable
    Glyph of Paralysis
    Tiger's Lust doesn't cost chi
    Charging Ox Wave only 30 second CD
    Ring of Peace is a ridiculous defense against melee
    Healing Elixirs buff
    Mastery spheres heal when they expire
    Statue no longer costs mana (this one is HUGE)
    More damage done in PvP

Seriously, PvP Mistweaver has almost no actual nerfs, stop whining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Ignoring that this is blatant whining, Mistweavers have gotten a lot of decent PvP buffs, just look at the patch notes.

Paralysis is 20 yard baseline range
    Chi wave doesn't cost Chi, meaning you can spend that 2 chi on something else
    Life Cocoon undispellable
    Glyph of Paralysis
    Tiger's Lust doesn't cost chi
    Charging Ox Wave only 30 second CD
    Ring of Peace is a ridiculous defense against melee
    Healing Elixirs buff
    Mastery spheres heal when they expire
    Statue no longer costs mana (this one is HUGE)
    More damage done in PvP

Seriously, PvP Mistweaver has almost no actual nerfs, stop whining.
    None of those buffs even address mana costs in pvp. I dont think you play at the same level.

Well statue dont cost mana is imo a mana buff since oyu save that mana for summon it.

Some small buffs to the MW-centric toolkit, however I would count the chi wave change as breaking even - I feel like removing the chi cost is a nerf for mistweavers, as it reduces the mana tea charge frequency in pvp :P

Large buff to the CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Principe View Post
    None of those buffs even address mana costs in pvp. I dont think you play at the same level.
    Statue not costing mana and level 30 talents not costing chi don't address resource costs in any way?

Take your whining and do it somewhere else, we deal in reasonable discussion here, and this is not it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Statue not costing mana and level 30 talents not costing chi don't address resource costs in any way?

Take your whining and do it somewhere else, we deal in reasonable discussion here, and this is not it.
    Chi wave was a nerf, it's healing is nerfed and since it no longer uses chi we do not gain teas back from it, hence nerf. Most of these things are nerfs and a few QoL changes, only big things are dps buff(huge), bubble undispellable, para baseline and undispelable/glyph, tigers lust chiless, RoP vs melee cleaves, and the statue manaless. Everything else is either a nerf or not really relative. It is like they are making mistweavers even worse for arena...I couldd cc good as a mw now my ccs are horrid, I still want a range increase in leg sweep!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Oh look, it's "that" guy again who claims to be at 2600 rating but only complains about his class. Come on, do us a favor and quit this class already if you don't like it.

* Paralysis non-magical effect, deadly reach baseline and a glyph that removes dots when used
    * Tiger's Lust costs no chi
    * Ring of Peace (can't trinket it like leg sweep)
    * Charging Ox wave cd halved
    * Life Cocoon undispellable

The list goes on and on. Not to mention the massive damage buff we get. But you already said in previous posts that you only use the spells you can cast at range. Maybe the druid forum can give you some advice on rerolling?

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I still want a range increase in leg sweep!
    That's called charging Ox Wave, give it a try.

Chi wave was a nerf, it's healing is nerfed and since it no longer uses chi we do not gain teas back from it, hence nerf. Most of these things are nerfs and a few QoL changes, only big things are dps buff(huge), bubble undispellable, para baseline and undispelable/glyph, tigers lust chiless, RoP vs melee cleaves, and the statue manaless. Everything else is either a nerf or not really relative. It is like they are making mistweavers even worse for arena...I couldd cc good as a mw now my ccs are horrid, I still want a range increase in leg sweep!
    Have you ever thought that you could use the chi on something besides Chi Wave? It only got a 14% nerf to healing, but you can now do a little bit of fistweaving if you Jabbed for it (not likely in pvp), or you can almost get another Enveloping off, or you can just use Uplift even if it's not a very efficient use of the chi. In no way is that talent tier having its cost removed a nerf for PvP.

I'm just not understanding the logic here, making Paralyze have a 20 yard range (let's ignore that the talent exists, no one would take it over the stuns anyways) and the option to remove all dots and making it undispellable is a nerf just because the best possible case (which wasn't even guaranteed to happen) got a 25% nerf to the duration? It's a ranged Gouge that a healer has and hardly costs anything, how is that better than a melee CC that can't remove dots (especially since Xuen has a nasty habit of dotting people) and can instantly be dispelled anyways? The sum of the Paralyze changes is a straight buff, the only downside at all is a 2 second duration nerf, but it's not like you'll be getting behind people to use it from 20 yards away anyways.

The only nerfs that affect MW PvP at all are the silence duration nerf, Paralyze duration nerf, and depending on how you look at it, maybe the healing reduction on the T30 talents. There's a whole list of buffs that aren't just "quality of life" things. Making things undispellable is a straight buff. Increasing damage is a straight buff. Removing the mana cost of a 27k mana spell is a straight buff. Adding a talent that would be useful in certain situations is a buff, because even if it is worse, you'd still be using Leg Sweep all the time anyways. On that note, making Charging Ox Wave a 30 second CD makes it compete with Leg Sweep now, being ranged and 15 seconds shorter in exchange for being 40% shorter. Healing Elixirs, Chi Torpedo's damage, Dampen Harm, mastery balls exploding for heals, all are buffs.

Hell, I would take the Paralyze duration nerf, the silence nerf, and the T30 changes just for Life Cocoon and Paralyze being actually usable against dispels. What exactly are all of these huge nerfs that everyone keeps talking about, because unless you use Chi Burst or Jab a ton in PvP, there aren't hardly any.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have you ever thought that you could use the chi on something besides Chi Wave? It only got a 14% nerf to healing, but you can now do a little bit of fistweaving if you Jabbed for it (not likely in pvp), or you can almost get another Enveloping off, or you can just use Uplift even if it's not a very efficient use of the chi. In no way is that talent tier having its cost removed a nerf for PvP.

I'm just not understanding the logic here, making Paralyze have a 20 yard range (let's ignore that the talent exists, no one would take it over the stuns anyways) and the option to remove all dots and making it undispellable is a nerf just because the best possible case (which wasn't even guaranteed to happen) got a 25% nerf to the duration? It's a ranged Gouge that a healer has and hardly costs anything, how is that better than a melee CC that can't remove dots (especially since Xuen has a nasty habit of dotting people) and can instantly be dispelled anyways? The sum of the Paralyze changes is a straight buff, the only downside at all is a 2 second duration nerf, but it's not like you'll be getting behind people to use it from 20 yards away anyways.

The only nerfs that affect MW PvP at all are the silence duration nerf, Paralyze duration nerf, and depending on how you look at it, maybe the healing reduction on the T30 talents. There's a whole list of buffs that aren't just "quality of life" things. Making things undispellable is a straight buff. Increasing damage is a straight buff. Removing the mana cost of a 27k mana spell is a straight buff. Adding a talent that would be useful in certain situations is a buff, because even if it is worse, you'd still be using Leg Sweep all the time anyways. On that note, making Charging Ox Wave a 30 second CD makes it compete with Leg Sweep now, being ranged and 15 seconds shorter in exchange for being 40% shorter. Healing Elixirs, Chi Torpedo's damage, Dampen Harm, mastery balls exploding for heals, all are buffs.

Hell, I would take the Paralyze duration nerf, the silence nerf, and the T30 changes just for Life Cocoon and Paralyze being actually usable against dispels. What exactly are all of these huge nerfs that everyone keeps talking about, because unless you use Chi Burst or Jab a ton in PvP, there aren't hardly any.
    Chi Wave is hitting harder live, and hac a shorter cd, that helps my hps, The other things That I could use chi on require to be casted, which is bad.

Because I can cc chain longer on live then I do on the ptr and to do it I need to be in melee range, other healers do not need that, if I am going to have to get in melee range behind you it better be a long cc. Making it remove dots requires me to free up a gylph spot, it being undispellable does not mean that much to me really, I mean I guess it is okay but eh...I never asked for it. One of the bad things is I used to be able to ninja cap in rbgs, now since that cc is 6 seconds I can no longer do that. COW, is looking better but have not really played with it yet. Then theres the Spear hand silence nerf.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Chi Wave is hitting harder live, and hac a shorter cd, that helps my hps, The other things That I could use chi on require to be casted, which is bad.

Because I can cc chain longer on live then I do on the ptr and to do it I need to be in melee range, other healers do not need that, if I am going to have to get in melee range behind you it better be a long cc. Making it remove dots requires me to free up a gylph spot, it being undispellable does not mean that much to me really, I mean I guess it is okay but eh...I never asked for it. One of the bad things is I used to be able to ninja cap in rbgs, now since that cc is 6 seconds I can no longer do that. COW, is looking better but have not really played with it yet. Then theres the Spear hand silence nerf.
    I think that's my biggest gripe about shortening the time on Paralysis, being unable to ninja cap. Although I am glad that CC in general seems to be getting toned down quite a bit. I still am a firm believe that there's something amiss with the DR on fear though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddenfear91 View Post
    I think that's my biggest gripe about shortening the time on Paralysis, being unable to ninja cap. Although I am glad that CC in general seems to be getting toned down quite a bit. I still am a firm believe that there's something amiss with the DR on fear though.
    It is sad because my druid and can not do it, now my monk will not be able to do it. I mean if I have to behind someone to do it, I only get a 2 second extra? Might aswell just cast it and not care about the extra seconds to it.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-02-24 at 08:48 PM.

It is sad because my druid and not do it, now my monk will not be able to do it. I mean if I have to behind someone to do it, I only get a 2 second extra? Might aswell just cast it and not care about the extra seconds to it.
    Exactly, if you're going to keep the position requirement at least make it worth while. 2 seconds really isn't that impressive in PvP.

Ring of dum ass made me chuckle xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska View Post
    Oh look, it's "that" guy again who claims to be at 2600 rating but only complains about his class. Come on, do us a favor and quit this class already if you don't like it.

* Paralysis non-magical effect, deadly reach baseline and a glyph that removes dots when used
    * Tiger's Lust costs no chi
    * Ring of Peace (can't trinket it like leg sweep)
    * Charging Ox wave cd halved
    * Life Cocoon undispellable

The list goes on and on. Not to mention the massive damage buff we get. But you already said in previous posts that you only use the spells you can cast at range. Maybe the druid forum can give you some advice on rerolling?

That's called charging Ox Wave, give it a try.
    I claimed 2400 and yeah those damage buffs will sure make a huge difference in 3v3, and have you ever heard of dr? Every class in narnia has a stun now. Big deal. Go play ptr and tell me how much better mw is doing again.

And i have a druid and its exceptionally better.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...abyhobo/simple

also ring of peace is garbage, any team above 1800 will just swap targets.
    Stuff costing no chi just nerfs mana tea.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

You asked if there have been any buffs to Mistweavers, not their Mana in Arena. Their Mana is fine, and the change to a Statue cost is a massive mana saver! Stop bitching and whining for the sake of it...

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 06:26 PM ----------

I claimed 2400 and yeah those damage buffs will sure make a huge difference in 3v3, and have you ever heard of dr? Every class in narnia has a stun now. Big deal. Go play ptr and tell me how much better mw is doing again.

And i have a druid and its exceptionally better.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...abyhobo/simple

also ring of peace is garbage, any team above 1800 will just swap targets.
    Stuff costing no chi just nerfs mana tea.
    Link Monk Armoury or stop whining.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post

You asked if there have been any buffs to Mistweavers, not their Mana in Arena. Their Mana is fine, and the change to a Statue cost is a massive mana saver! Stop bitching and whining for the sake of it...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Khepri/simple

There is a reason why I do not take arena seriously, we are bad at it. And this next patch we will be even worse because of these CC nerfs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...apdance/simple

Mistweaver is garbage

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting that it is not the same monk that is in your avatar.. hmm..