Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xdenek View Post
    I'm lost and it's really starting to piss me off. I'm pretty sure my opener is wrong/screwed up and is costing me a LOT of dps over the course of a fight. Am also pretty sure that i'm not lining up procs efficiently/poor usage of 2nd potion and Dark Soul.

If anyone has time - http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...dnfTrB#fight=1 - logs from last night, died horribly on Spoils and Klaxxi.

I'm in a 14/14H clearing guild and my gear is 571 whereas everyone else sits at 579+ so there is a gear disparity to begin with, could really use some help or reassurance the gear gap is significant.

Thanks in advance!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ormie/advanced <- Armoury
    Hey man I looked at last weeks IJ kill for you. Your Immo time could be higher. My opener is Pot -> Precast Incinerate -> DS -> Immo -> Conflag -> Conflag -> Incinerate x4 -> Chaos Bolt x2. I sometimes like to put down RoF if I find a second with meta and lust up.
    http://oi60.tinypic.com/29nt3et.jpg

You 2nd potted without any buff up. Move that pot back to where my arrow is and you should do a lot more.
    Last edited by cabana; 2014-05-20 at 04:41 AM.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Before Mists I was leveling my warlock as a Demo but Destro proved himself to be easier to level inside Mists and recently lady luck smiled upon myself and I finally killed uncle Garry for my beloved Kor'kron mount. Now that I don't have that feeling of necessity over playing Destro to make things easier I just want to go back to the spec I really loved to play.

What I would really like to see is if anybody here could give me some tips on which gems to use, which haste cap to pursue, how much mastery should I have and so on as a Demo warlock and probably which pieces of equipament should I aim to get on NORMAL (I really don't have any interest on Heroic raiding).

Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ulino/advanced

Another question: Is it worth it to use GoSac on Garry's fight as a Demo warlock or should I use GoServ to have two interrupts?

And I would like to thank anyone that can help me in advance because I'll probably forget to do it after a response.

nice advice cabana think that opening rotation may help me out as well

Quote Originally Posted by jbadam01 View Post
    i'm a 566 destro lock, and i really think my dps sucks for my ilvl, any help or tips would be greatly appreciated following is last wol from soo and my armory link

think i have a average between 150k to 250k depending on fight

tried to post wol and armory but says i have to post few times first so can pm for those

- - - Updated - - -

how many times do i have to post to be able to post links

- - - Updated - - -

not sure if anyone can pm but if u can then i can link u the stuff to check me and my logs out
    Just PM me the log you want me to look at.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

ok cant even send a pm yet have to have posted 10 times guess new ppl can't get help

- - - Updated - - -

and oh i tried that rotation only have one ember for one cb at that time in ur rotation

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i5b72puct6flt9ts/
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Lrdvoldrmort/advanced

ok here is my wol from the other day and my armory link hopefully i am fixable and it isn't just me doing stupid stuff

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7e5ktji82hmugp9h/
    that is my latest logs with some upgraded gear since the patch and my dps still sucks

my armory, ik i should be doing tons more dps and especially according to simcraft im doing well under 100k of what it says

Quote Originally Posted by jbadam01 View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7e5ktji82hmugp9h/
    that is my latest logs with some upgraded gear since the patch and my dps still sucks

my armory, ik i should be doing tons more dps and especially according to simcraft im doing well under 100k of what it says
    I looked at your Sha of Pride kill. You chain used your 2 Dark Souls in the beginning. You used the 2nd DS without any buffs. I would of saved my AD DS for execute on that fight with a KTT proc or during aoe with a KTT proc. You can increase your immolate uptime on the boss by atleast 35%.

You should start using havoc a lot more because you didn't use it once. Don't be afraid to havoc a Manifestation of Pride and Chaos Bolt the boss or Havoc the boss and Shadowburn snipe the Reflections. You also didn't aoe the Reflections at all besides RoF. Don't be afraid to FnB Conflag or FnB Incinerate them. You also only Shadowburned 3 times that fight. Make sure to remember to use it during execute, don't forget to Shadowburn snipe the Reflections and the Manifestation of Prides as well.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

sweet, thanks for the help and info

Heeyo

finally got around to trying this logging stuff instead of relying on the pugs i join to do it for me XD
    What started as a 25m pug heroic turned into a 22man pug normal on protectors.

Anyways I'm 571 demo and was hoping someone could look this log over
    Im sure theres somewhere I need a good amount of improvement but need some help pointing it out! Also, corrupt uptime is kinda low but arg i sometimes forget about it when theres multi-targets and am still trying to do mechanics (even if it is normal lol)

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pQzC6FR8Pm2JxLyc

thankyou!

Deleted
    You only cast immolation aura once, and you only cast 5 soulfires in meta.

Work on keeping immo aura up on 3+ targets, and get used to casting soul fire in meta during procs.

Fallen Protectors is also a fight where I would advise mannoroths fury.

Hmm good point. Since swapping to the haste build I seem to be falling into the old routine of banking fury because it was much harder to gain. I need to work on stance dancing more
    Is doom and corrup uptime decent? That was the advice. I got ages ago so it's what I've been working on the most

if u really wana push higher numbers ur much better off going aff or destro. most of the ppl that play demo are in high end guilds that have been farming for months.
    Streaming high end lock, mage and warrior play in 1080p.http://www.twitch.tv/yoloswagins

Quote Originally Posted by yoloswagginz View Post
    if u really wana push higher numbers ur much better off going aff or destro. most of the ppl that play demo are in high end guilds that have been farming for months.
    I appreciate any feedback I get from posters on this forum. I envy the knowledge that many of you have with theory crafting and being able to dissect logs to find areas of improvement. With that being said I have to say that I really don't appreciate this comment yolo, I work very hard to play the spec I enjoy playing optimally which is why I posted here in the first place.

I want to push higher numbers, yes, but I want to do it as demonology regardless if it is the cutting edge spec or not. If that makes me a bad candidate for a progression guild then so be it; its a good thing I've maintained this entire expansion raid-teamless and have gotten as far as I have by improving myself and my gameplay. I hope you understand that while your advice is truthful, I don't necessarily agree with it. I think demo is fully capable of pulling impressive numbers if played right and get upset that posters on the forums are so quick to push people in the direction of the other specs when they ask for advice with demo.

I hope this doesn't shy you away from giving advice to me in the future I just hope that perhaps we can change the attitude from "Go destro/aff- cuz demo sucks lol" to "hey you're gonna have to pull your weight if you want to continue to play demo- here are some ways you can improve" especially on a topic such as improving your DPS like this.

Deleted

My dps worries

Hi Warlocks, my item level is 569 which I consider ample. In a cross realm normal with a twisting nether grp I was doing my first attempt of Garrosh normal mode for the night and my dps was 235k as i was mostly attacking the desecrated weapon and single target farseers, as such the raid leader claimed my dps was too low and removed me from the group before i could explain. I ask is 235k low for a destruction warlock of my level?
    Check my armory page:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...anoss/advanced
    Is my dps too low and if so any hints / tips / or gear changes i need to make.
    All tips are welcome.
    Thanks.

I moved your post to this thread as this is a much better place for questions like this one. Remember for the future. :-)
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-06-02 at 04:35 AM.

You might want to ask in the Destro sticky, from my limited expertise from playing Destro I can tell you there are lots of things which you could be doing wrong/not doing at all. Aside from single target, Destro's strong points are 2 target and AoE Cleave. For example you can Havoc onto or off of the Desecrated Weapon, Farseer or Garrosh. You should also be dropping Rain of Fire when multiple targets are stacked regardless of what your main target is at the moment. If there is an opportunity to AoE, FnB Immolate is key for generating embers regardless of what your main target is, and if you have no burn target (i.e. Farseer or Weapon) than just FnB cleave off Garrosh, dump CB's into Garrosh if you are capping or receiving procs, etc. I hope that helps.
    Last edited by Xandy; 2014-06-01 at 09:09 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks, i do most of that anyhow, i was prio on weapon for most of the fight. just did not aoe adds much and someone thinks i do not dps enough.

Deleted
    Noting that you were single-targetting, was your damage done on specific targets higher than the rest?

Was that also taken into account? How long did the fight last? Were there moments you did nothing at all? Raid setup?

Don't know how comparable this is, but this same night I did it as Demo and ended up with 263k (e)dps after 9:07 min, LFR BBoY 2/4, normal PBoI 4/4.

If I noticed that Warbringers would be coming in, I'd save HoG for extra Fury, occasionally seeing the 4-set being generous. The Weapons got Doom and Corruption, leaving others to finish them. Doing this made me able to focus/slack on just Garrosh, boosting my overall dps. In all fairness, with our raid's AoE and then the Iron Star, I didn't even feel like pushing it.

Guess it boils down to asking yourself what your goal for the encounter is; how will you generate the most Embers/Fury for hurting what you should be hurting?
    Do you end up on on top of your own to-hurt-list? Way more variables ofcourse, but hard to tell like this

Might not be perfect what I'm saying, but this is how it works for me at this moment. Quite curious how I'll think about it in a month or something

Quote Originally Posted by Lanorala View Post
    I appreciate any feedback I get from posters on this forum. I envy the knowledge that many of you have with theory crafting and being able to dissect logs to find areas of improvement. With that being said I have to say that I really don't appreciate this comment yolo, I work very hard to play the spec I enjoy playing optimally which is why I posted here in the first place.

I want to push higher numbers, yes, but I want to do it as demonology regardless if it is the cutting edge spec or not. If that makes me a bad candidate for a progression guild then so be it; its a good thing I've maintained this entire expansion raid-teamless and have gotten as far as I have by improving myself and my gameplay. I hope you understand that while your advice is truthful, I don't necessarily agree with it. I think demo is fully capable of pulling impressive numbers if played right and get upset that posters on the forums are so quick to push people in the direction of the other specs when they ask for advice with demo.

I hope this doesn't shy you away from giving advice to me in the future I just hope that perhaps we can change the attitude from "Go destro/aff- cuz demo sucks lol" to "hey you're gonna have to pull your weight if you want to continue to play demo- here are some ways you can improve" especially on a topic such as improving your DPS like this.
    Play what you want and don't be afraid to ask questions. People forget this is a video game after all. Raiders like yolo and myself can't really have that luxury til farm but we signed up for that when we joined competitively raiding guilds. So don't be so harsh on him for mentioning going another spec. It's the just the guild culture and mindset we have. Play what you want and always work on improving.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

I'm sorry if I came off as rude- I tried my best to show that I am appreciative of all the help you guys on the forums provide us. Perhaps I am a bit defensive when it comes to my favored spec. I joined the game in early ToT and had a hard time adjusting when they nerfed demo in early 5.4 and was told by everyone to play destro and even mocked for continuing to play demo (as a casual pug raider mind you). I apologize if I came off as harsh. Perhaps next time I should include that I am a non-guild progression player to nix out the idea that Im looking to play the best spec

All joking aside sorry again if I came off rude or ungrateful. I really do look forward to advice from "the pros"!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanorala View Post
    Heeyo

finally got around to trying this logging stuff instead of relying on the pugs i join to do it for me XD
    What started as a 25m pug heroic turned into a 22man pug normal on protectors.

Anyways I'm 571 demo and was hoping someone could look this log over
    Im sure theres somewhere I need a good amount of improvement but need some help pointing it out! Also, corrupt uptime is kinda low but arg i sometimes forget about it when theres multi-targets and am still trying to do mechanics (even if it is normal lol)

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/pQzC6FR8Pm2JxLyc

thankyou!
    These are the things I would focus on as demo for protectors:
    Rolling corruption as much as you can on the protectors. Try to tab target ToC but only up until corr reaches full duration.
    Doom on everything except the spawned adds for sun, unless you're in some group that kills them extremely fast. After multidotting doom, if they still have enough hp go ahead and put corr on them too.
    Make sure you have MF available for both Sun transitions, this is where there are the most targets. Depending on the timing, stack it with DS if possible, make sure you have a nearly full fury. Don't waste fury on void ray. Keep tab targeting toc and hope for 4pc procs. Remember to use carrion swarm.
    I personally like using the hog glyph because sometimes your target isn't in the clump, so you can get the most out of it without switching or risking switching to a target that moves or isn't quite close enough but you can't really tell because nameplates are like that sometimes. Also make sure you have 2 charges of hog for the most dense parts of the fight, basically when adds come out. Always hog weave.
    Casting soulfire in meta is one of those things that can go either way, meaning good or bad. In this fight you will end up spending most of your fury on immo aura and tab targetting toc to roll corr. Sure if you have the extra fury dump some sfs in meta, but manage your fury in such a way that you have the fury to aoe rather than trying to burst single target. SF is more on demand dmg than toc, but toc has a chance to proc cw. You can try to cast more sfs out of meta right before cds and aoe to fish for 2pc procs. Also, if you find yourself low on fury, you can use sf to build fury much quicker than sb, so if you need the fury again for aoe or cds, it's not a bad idea to just cast sf in caster form.

I would also run imp swarm for this so you have extra fury on your opener to get full duration dooms on all 3 targets. Try to save a ds/mf for the 2nd sun transition (depending on timing) and always line up your grim service with ds. More cleave the better. Same is true for felguard felstorm. Drop an infernal during DS in an add phase. The aoe scales with meta and procs and cds.
    Last edited by Moruff; 2014-06-02 at 04:13 AM.