Why are perfect cuts so cheap?

My toon is on a high pop server.... why are pefect pandarian garnet cuts so much cheaper than primordial ruby's?

10+ Year Old Account
    because they are a perfect cut of a cheap gem.. it's a random chance from cutting the green gems. so their listed as being cheaper. be thankful

I also think that not many think to search for them or use them.

I see the same thing all the time. I get that the mats might have different costs but... why would anyone buy the one that's more expensive? Eternal mystery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    They bounce back and forth on my server. Sometimes perfect is the cheaper version sometimes it's the more expensive. It's kinda dependent on who's undercutting who by how much.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

The pandaran garnet are so much cheaper than primordial rubies I thought I was missing something, I cant believe after all this time their still not the same price.

I get that the mats might have different costs but.

Quote Originally Posted by Svarbald View Post
    My toon is on a high pop server.... why are pefect pandarian garnet cuts so much cheaper than primordial ruby's?
    I play on Argent Dawn EU, one of the larger servers and I generally see them at the same price since it's the same stats.

Some JCers get loads of the common gems just to get that perfect cut so it evens out with the value of one rare. I set the same prices on perfects and rares myself when I cut gems.
    In the darkness all cats are gray...
    www.onyxsoft.se - Amigans never surrender, they know they can do it better =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people probably only look for primordial instead of perfect garnet.

Material cost is about it.

To me though, don't see much issue to the cost of Primordial Rubies... I got 2 farms, one runs herbs, the other ore. Can use all the Golden Lotus + all the Gems from prospecting, ship em to my Transmute Alchemist, and BAM! Gems that cost so very little (Golden Lotus have barely sold since Christmas on my server, so why not, right?).
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Svarbald View Post
    People don't search for that, so it's harder to sell, but they have the actual same value in reality, so the fact that it comes from a cheaper gem has nothing to do with it.
    You finding a diamond in the ground by mere luck, doesn't make it less worth than a diamond from a mine.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Selling addons don't seem to take various gems for undercutting purpose, so everyone buying should search for both (perfect green gem cut and normal blue gem cut) and buy the cheapest.

I like the perfect gems when I'm too lazy to cut my own. As a JC, sometimes you have to post it a little lower to get them purchased. A lot of players ask "what's the strength gem" and someone says "bold primordial ruby" so they always search for that but someone experienced will just search "bold" and pick the cheapest. Makes it easier to sell perfects that way imo
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.