Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Having tried all three, Mumble>=TS>Vent.

TS2 wasn't all that good, but TS3 is much better than Vent imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurid View Post
    Alright. My knowledge of Vent and TS is clearly limited. I just know blizz showed me Teamspeak in BC. I remember it. logging on to WoW, Team Speak, Use it! I dont research vent or teamspeak. All I know is people I MEET use vent way more. In order of what I see when I play my MMOs is, Vent, Skype, Mumble, Teamspeak. As for people using mumble. I dont even know what the Hell that is. Sorry if I sound like an idiot saying what I said, I just said what I knew from right now. I was just trying to get a survey of who uses teamspeak over vent. I just want to show that person vent is primarily dominant as far as I can tell that is.
    Blizz showed you Teamspeak? What does that even mean? You know that the two have nothing to do with each other, right?

Vent has had the lion's share of the WoW voice chat market for a long time. They were the first big ones out there. They still hold the majority - just because lots of people CMA to change. However, it has been in rapid decline. Of the three (Vent, Mumble, Teamspeak), Vent is, by far, the inferior product. The only thing it has going for it is that it is people are too lazy to go through the hassle of switching.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Between Mumble, Teamspeak, Raidcall, Vent, Skype there really is so many options.

Personally I've been a huge fan of Raidcall recently. Its like skype+ mumble at once.

Imo Raidcall>=Mumble>Skype>Teamspeak>Vent

Many people seem to dislike TeamSpeak because TeamSpeak2 was garbage, but TeamSpeak3 is light-years ahead of vent. Vent's audio quality is horrendous and that becomes very apparent after using TS3 or Mumble for a while. I can't even use Vent anymore without my ears bleeding.

I'd say something like TS3 = Mumble > Axon >>>>>>>>>> Skype >>>>>>>>>> Vent

TS3 and Mumble have comparable audio quality, TS3 just has a more refined UI. Both are very good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never used anything other then vent and i have been in alot of raiding guilds. Might be better for aussies don't know but then again the americans i raided with in the past used it as well. I honesty don't care what i have to use. I do wish blizz fixed there one so it worked right so i didn't have to type all the time. Most people don't even know the blizz one exists.

I dispense the Skype UI so much i deleted it off my computer.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-02-26 at 10:19 PM.
    Aye mate

Have been using Ventrilo for most of my WoW career, started with TS1 -> TS2 before that, ventrilo was a huge upgrade. TS3 imo is a better than ventrilo, as from what i can remember, vent hasnt changed alot since it came out. Then we went from Ventrilo to Mumble, and that was a huge upgrade in terms of sound quality.

So to answer your question "Vent or Team speak?" I say Teamspeak out of the two. But I put Mumble over both of them.

My guild are currently using Mumble. Been using Vent and TS tho.
    Personally, I couldn't care less which to use.. All three works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Blizz showed you Teamspeak? What does that even mean? You know that the two have nothing to do with each other, right?
    No i think he is right. I think i vaguely remember it. Blizz tried their ingame voice software, failed horrible and gave up. At least on their homepage to promote Raiding they did mention TS. Maybe they did promote it with a login msg i dunno never read them.

Mumble is the best voice communication program because the way its designed if you understand how it works and the others work you'll know that Mumble is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I hear, Teamspeak is much better nowadays then it was years ago. When we made the swap to Ventrilo from Teamspeak, it was a huge upgrade but my understanding is TS has come along way since then.

Nowadays I use Mumble for guild stuff, and Vent for raiding stuff. I like Mumble better but it's a little bit more of a pain in the ass to set up, and I like to have Vent set up anyway since it's more common on my server.

I think using something that the majority of your server uses is more convenient then necessarily using the superior software.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer TS over Vent although I haven't really used Vent that much during the past couple years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it hilarious that some people use skype.

This is a video game, not a long distance relationship.

Deleted
    been an active raid leader since tbc and throughout the years we tried em all
    Most of my guild (including me) agree that mumble is far better than the other 2.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    TS, can hear everyone clearly, can send files etc. Vent is decent also but TS has the overlay which I use alot, and I've used TS on my mobile device and it works perfect.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mumble. I've offered to buy guilds I run with a mumble server because I'm that against Ventrilo. It's vastly insuperior to Mumble in every way. I've had way to many bad experiences where I'll get in Vent servers and have my ears bust because some idiot doesn't know how to set his shit up correctly and makes everyone else have to turn him to 1% and still bust our ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    From what I hear, Teamspeak is much better nowadays then it was years ago. When we made the swap to Ventrilo from Teamspeak, it was a huge upgrade but my understanding is TS has come along way since then.

Nowadays I use Mumble for guild stuff, and Vent for raiding stuff. I like Mumble better but it's a little bit more of a pain in the ass to set up, and I like to have Vent set up anyway since it's more common on my server.

I think using something that the majority of your server uses is more convenient then necessarily using the superior software.
    How is Mumble a pain in the ass to setup? It's simple as shit. Go through a few dialogs in the config wizard. Honestly Ventrilo would be 1000x better if they had the config wizard pop up on first run or every run until you set it up -_-.

And people won't have Mumble if pugs don't make them get it. When we have to pug spots or do pug raids it's Mumble or you're kicked. 80% of the invites have actually setup Mumble correctly for our runs, 10% have not but try. The other 10% say fuck us, which means we didn't want them anyway because if they can't setup a voice program do we really expect them to raid good.
    Last edited by Bryce; 2013-02-26 at 10:38 PM.

TS, used it ever since TS2 was first release and never really liked Vent, I don't care for all the dumb lady voice features since I just have TS on my second screen, and in my experience TS is easier to use for a nooby

Mumble > TS > Vent

Just because Vent is more popular does not mean it is better.

Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    Mumble. I've offered to buy guilds I run with a mumble server because I'm that against Ventrilo. It's vastly insuperior to Mumble in every way. I've had way to many bad experiences where I'll get in Vent servers and have my ears bust because some idiot doesn't know how to set his shit up correctly and makes everyone else have to turn him to 1% and still bust our ears.

How is Mumble a pain in the ass to setup? It's simple as shit. Go through a few dialogs in the config wizard. Honestly Ventrilo would be 1000x better if they had the config wizard pop up on first run or every run until you set it up -_-.

And people won't have Mumble if pugs don't make them get it. When we have to pug spots or do pug raids it's Mumble or you're kicked. 80% of the invites have actually setup Mumble correctly for our runs, 10% have not but try. The other 10% say fuck us, which means we didn't want them anyway because if they can't setup a voice program do we really expect them to raid good.
    I'd also add that I find this much better on TS, if people are ever the wrong volume its always too quiet rather than too loud

Teamspeak and Mumble are light years ahead of Vent at this point. We use Teamspeak but either one has essentially zero delay and are free to deploy if you have a small vps, also cost the same if rented.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mumble and skype!
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.