The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

[LFR] Increased loot chance the more you wipe?

So I'm sitting here in the middle of our 7th wipe on Will of the Emperor in LFR and a thought came to me. "I may go through 10 wipes and end up with 50G as my only reward."

So I'd like to propose a thought to you all. What if your chance of getting loot in LFR (as in not the failbag, you could get items you already have) went up the more you wiped. For instance, if you down a boss your first try you have normal loot chance, it goes up after 1 wipe, and keeps going up until at a number (like 10 wipes) you are guaranteed to get an item?

It could also help solve those cases where everyone bails on your LFR after 1 wipe.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

But then people would just wipe 10 times on purpose.

Theres already something in place to help with wipes in 5.2, players will get a stacking buff that will make the boss far easier when wiping on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    But then people would just wipe 10 times on purpose.
    Ya pretty much this. An increased chance at loot could work but, guaranteed? Nah people would die ten times just to get an item.

I think the current system is fine. Except for the part where I haven't gotten the staff drop from terrace yet.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

"Okay guys, stand back and let me pull the boss a bunch of times"
    *everyone gets loot, thanks broken system*.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

If you want people to do their best, then this should be reversed.... the more wipes the lesser chance to get loot.
    Have this be recorded at boss-pull then players will not leave the raid after a pull.

I don't say this is a great idea, just saying it is better than what OP is stating.

"ok guys lets die 10 times everyone gets item" sounds about riiiiight...

It'll be so much fun deciding who has to sacrifice themselves for the extra loot chance.

We need to be able to draw straws.

As if LFR couldn't get any easier, they are now bringing out a buff to make sure no matter how incapable somebody is that they can down bosses. Now somebody puts up an idea like this. I have a better idea, how about when you log on Tuesday in your mail is a bunch of loot from LFR, that way people don't even have to be troubled to go to LFR. That's the way WoW seems to be going.

I wonder if FD or Vanish pulling would increase stacks of the buff, allowing a hunter/rogue to chainpull a boss a couple of times and increase Determination to max, making the boss a cakewalk.

Anybody has data about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I wonder if FD or Vanish pulling would increase stacks of the buff, allowing a hunter/rogue to chainpull a boss a couple of times and increase Determination to max, making the boss a cakewalk.

Pretty sure it doesn't. Accidentally pulled a boss in LFR with Cascade on PTR and it didn't give anyone a buff. We just ran out and reset it.

Blizzard said there was some sort of internal check system that determines what is considered a wipe in order for the buff to be applied.

Boss must be reduced to sub 45% HP
    75% of the raid must be engaged in the fight in some way, either DPS or healing.

Something like that I guess, you know something to discourage having one person just run in there and die to take one for the team.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post

I think I remember something about the fight having to last a certain amount of time before it would count. The idea was that it should always be faster to try and one shot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    "Okay guys, stand back and let me pull the boss a bunch of times"
    *everyone gets loot, thanks broken system*.
    pretty much this. wont see this ever being added

If you would opt for an increased chance of loot vs the amount of bosses you completed where you didn't receive loot (in a row) - I'd take you more serious.

My guess is that they won't even do that though

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kudos to you for staying in LFR for seven wipes. I would have been out after two.

They are addressing this issue in the next patch so that should definitely help. They are also upping the drop chance on loot in 5.2 (on the older LFR's). I believe this is sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    pretty much this. wont see this ever being added
    Or just make it so it works like the current 5% buff per wipe. everyone need to fight the boss for a certain amount of time and singlepull wipe wont work

10+ Year Old Account
    All you'd see is people stripping off all their gear, die 10 times, re-equip their gear, kill the boss, repeat for the rest of the bosses.

Are you crazy? That would only increase the number of wipes and make LFR even more a nightamre!