Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'd love to stuff the people who do the Blizzard game trailers into an alternate universe where time flows faster and force them to churn out Warcraft movies.

As far as patch trailers go there is always one for major content patches. Some of them fail miserably but some of them are awesome. Examples of pure failure would be Thrall's dream about firelands, although visually not terrible but mostly uninspired and boring.

But I think the great ones would be the Akama's voiceover to introduce Black Temple or the siege of Icecrown. I think anybody that was an avid warcraft 3 player / story follower got a good chill of excitement when Arthas says "Let them come! Frostmourne hungers!" If you think those ones sucked I am not sure if you even like this game.

Dragon soul (4.3) was posted on official forums about the same time as realms went down that day...look for 5.2 then

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Who exactly are the cinematics embarassing?

You, who has no creative input whatsoever in the process?

Thought so...
    why are people always so negative when someone has an opinion that differs from that of their own? granted i think his comment is silly and most of their cinematics i find to be pretty cool it is still his opinion.

The cinematic looks cool. ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Secrecy View Post
    Really? I think some of them are awesome.
    By "embarassing", i don't mean to QQ or something like that. Just that i can't say i like the fact they use game graphics for them, since the pixels make them lose great part of the epicness.
    But then again, after playing Skyrim and Mass Effect... those games can indeed afford to make trailers and cutscenes using game graphics; WoW shouldn't in my opinion, because it feels somewhat poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Who exactly are the cinematics embarassing?

You, who has no creative input whatsoever in the process?

Thought so...
    I don't know what you're talking about.

It's out and it's pretty good as always.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    By "embarassing", i don't mean to QQ or something like that. Just that i can't say i like the fact they use game graphics for them, since the pixels make them lose great part of the epicness.
    But then again, after playing Skyrim and Mass Effect... those games can indeed afford to make trailers and cutscenes using game graphics; WoW shouldn't in my opinion, because it feels somewhat poor.

It wouldn't be feasible to make full on cinematics like they have for D3 or expansion launches for every major patch. Those things take a loooong time to make. I think they do a good job considering what they have to work with, and it helps to ground them with the game a bit instead of constantly having such high quality cinematics all the time that don't match up with what's in game. Really the only one that's left me feeling let down is the Firelands one, and that's because it focused on Thrall who only had a very minor role to play in that patch, instead of Malfurion and the Avengers of Hyjal who were the main protagonists of that patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    It wouldn't be feasible to make full on cinematics like they have for D3 or expansion launches for every major patch. Those things take a loooong time to make. I think they do a good job considering what they have to work with, and it helps to ground them with the game a bit instead of constantly having such high quality cinematics all the time that don't match up with what's in game. Really the only one that's left me feeling let down is the Firelands one, and that's because it focused on Thrall who only had a very minor role to play in that patch, instead of Malfurion and the Avengers of Hyjal who were the main protagonists of that patch.
    You made a good point here. But i wouldn't say Firelands' trailer was the "worst"; maybe Arthas' death could have been made with a bit more effort.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post

Only trailers I saw for Skyrim was either the real action live one, or the one that just showed a wall. One shouldn't be compared with trailers that aren't real action, and the other was terrible. Also, there aren't any cutscenes in Skyrim, only clumsy character dialogues.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann