10+ Year Old Account

How do I get wow desktop icon

I play wow by going in the folder and clicking the one that says wow and it takes me straight to the login screen. My desktop launcher doesnt work. Ive tried dragging a wow launcher icon onto the desktop but those dont work when clicked. Any answers? I want a desktop launcher that takes me to the play button screen, thats the right way right?

Wrong forum, but there is an option as I remember that says, "show launcher" so then the launcher will show next time you open wow.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    You should have two .exe files, one is simply called wow, the other one is called wow launcher, if you run the launcher you get the play button you spoke about. now if you want the icon as a shortcut, simply drag the wow launcher exe to your desk and run it.
    Last edited by mmoc99dd852bb1; 2013-03-04 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you create a shortcut or just copy the file straight over? Because if you copy the file, it won't work. It has to be a shortcut to the file inside the folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Malecesar View Post
    now if you want the icon as a shortcut, simply drag the wow launcer exe to your desk and run it.
    This is false. You have to right-click the .exe file, click Create Shortcut and move that to the desktop. If you move or copy the file, it won't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    I play wow by going in the folder and clicking the one that says wow and it takes me straight to the login screen. My desktop launcher doesnt work. Ive tried dragging a wow launcher icon onto the desktop but those dont work when clicked. Any answers? I want a desktop launcher that takes me to the play button screen, thats the right way right?
    You can do it either way. Neither way is considered wrong or right.

Quote Originally Posted by Malecesar View Post
    You should have two .exe files, one is simply called wow, the other one is called wow launcer, if you run the launcer you get the play button you spoke about. now if you want the icon as a shortcut, simply drag the wow launcer exe to your desk and run it.
    Mostly correct. You are looking for the WoWLauncher.exe not just WoW.exe. The launcher takes you to the Play button screen as he said but you do need to right click the WoWLauncher.exe, create shortcut, and select your desktop. Drag and drop will not work because it will not copy the pathing.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

this is an easy way

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    you can open WOW launcher from the folder then go to your taskbar and pin it, this is what i did