Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Considering that Shaman and Paladins were originally faction-specific, it makes sense that the racials for the opposite faction wouldn't be particularly good.

Paladin racials on the horde side are way worse than Shaman racials for Alliance, Alliance clearly has it better in that regard. You also have one more option than the horde does for a race. If anything Horde Paladins need another race before Alliance Shamans do.
    It's fine the way it is. It's more "organic" this way. Once again I'd hate to see things forced and butchered for the sake of options. I'd truthfully hate to see them shove a class into a race forcibly in order to just balance the numbers out.

We've got 3 Paladin races, you've got 2. You've got 5 Shaman races, we've got 3. If I'm not butchering that. It works out fine.

Keep Shaman, Druids and Paladins exclusive with races. Especially Paladins and Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Barky View Post
    One of the main reasons I'm staying a dwarf because I don't want to spend money changing race to then spend money going back if the model is badass. Plus I like stoneform
    I truthfully think that the Dwarf model is going to be awesome as hell. I have faith.

I recently race changed a female Paladin of mine to a male Dwarf Paladin. I don't mind the model now I just have a gooooood feeling about them coming up. Keep on Dwarfing!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Human Shaman seems like it would make the best fit IMO.
    I will gladly reroll alliance for this!
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

people are going to complain until every race can place every class regardless of how little sense it makes

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    If Goblin can become Shaman so can anybody else, the race restrictions for Shaman are stupid now.
    I think the Goblins as Shamans make a lot of sense. Being a shaman in part is making deals, bargains, and pacts with the elements. Who better to make deals than Goblins? No one.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Deleted
    Having played as alliance since TBC, female draeneis are an epitome of shamanism for me (in-game). Those countless hours spent on Archimonde with one in every party of the raid... Can't really imagine playing any other shaman :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    people are going to complain until every race can place every class regardless of how little sense it makes
    Alternatively people are gonna complain BECAUSE every race can play every class despite how much sense it makes.

Deleted
    No way. It's already a travesty that every race except one can be mages and warriors.
    Gnomes and Night Elves should not be able to choose Mage, Gnomes and Blood Elves should not be able to choose Warriors and DKs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    No way. It's already a travesty that every race except one can be mages and warriors.
    Gnomes and Night Elves should not be able to choose Mage, Gnomes and Blood Elves should not be able to choose Warriors and DKs.
    no matter how i hate gnomes weren´t gnome mages and warriors in the game since ever ? (although i have to agree on gnome warrior especially tanks it´s just ridiculous) and on belf warriors well warrior is imo the class with the least knowlegde needed so basically everyone can be one :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally agree with the lifting of restrictions on class/races. I understand why they're in place, but at the end of the day some combinations just come across as strange already. As noted, Tauren Paladin being one of them. For pure wacky purposes I think seeing Gnome Shamans would be pretty hilarious, the battle of mechanical totems against the Goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Uh? Gnomes and Night Elves SHOULD be able to choose mage. Have you heard of the Highborne? Have you played any fantasy games? Gnomes are almost ALWAYS magic users, to augment their diminutive statures.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 05:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drebbin View Post
    Basically this. Humans are a society that no longer hold Shamanism as a norm (and may never have) and embrace the Light, that's why they have Paladins and Priests. Trolls, Orcs and Tauren are Shamanistic societies, trading practices among each other to create what is known as the Shaman. Honestly the existence of Panda, Draenei Shaman or Dwarf is questionable in the first place, the latter basically being explained by some backwoods hillbilly shaman Dwarves teaching the other ones to be shaman. So as with the sunwalkers and bloodknights being able to use the same abilities as Alliance Paladins, its just a gameplay convenience that Alliance shaman can use all the same abilities save for the renaming of Bloodlust to Heroism.
    Ah ah ah! Trolls were originally a PRIEST dominated society. The "Voodoo" wasn't shamanism, it was the Dark side of the light.(But yes they had both) But the highest members of Troll society were Zandalari Priests that communicated with the Loa. Orc and Tauren were shamanistic yes, so were the Wildhammer dwarves(which is what you technically are if you make a Dwarf Shaman). If you have had to fight any Furbolg in game you instantly recognize the abilities as being Shamanistic in nature, and the Furbolg are the ancestors of the Pandaren.
    Draenei when they originally lived on Argus, were Shamanistic in nature but had to eschew that when they started being hunted across the Universe by KJ and turned to the Light because of the Naaru. However, when they landed on Draenor however many hundreds of years ago and saw the Orcs, they saw in the Orcs what they used to be, and being kindred spirits, the Orcs retaught them how to commune with the elements.
    Last edited by ColbaneX; 2013-03-04 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post
    Ah ah ah! Trolls were originally a PRIEST dominated society. The "Voodoo" wasn't shamanism, it was the Dark side of the light.(But yes they had both) But the highest members of Troll society were Zandalari Priests that communicated with the Loa.
    Well, the general idea of a priest is a "Spiritual leader", Voodoo itself has no ties to playable Priest class.

And a part of Voodoo is to call upon Spirits, which has ties to Shamanism (Shamanism isn't just Elements stuff) and Necromancy.

Necromancers control spirits while Shaman ask Spirits to help them, Voodoo is using a bit of both.

Similiar thing applies for Night elf Priests, they don't call upon the Light but on Elune.

Priest is a more general term for someone who worships and acts on the behalf of a higher power, the Priest Class in WoW however is just reflecting the light worshipping part and even ignores Forsaken, Blood elves, Trolls and Night elves for the sake of game mechanics.

Orc and Tauren were shamanistic yes, so were the Wildhammer dwarves(which is what you technically are if you make a Dwarf Shaman). If you have had to fight any Furbolg in game you instantly recognize the abilities as being Shamanistic in nature, and the Furbolg are the ancestors of the Pandaren.
    I haven't read anything that confirms that Furbolgs are ancestors of the Pandaren.

Draenei when they originally lived on Argus, were Shamanistic in nature but had to eschew that when they started being hunted across the Universe by KJ and turned to the Light because of the Naaru. However, when they landed on Draenor however many hundreds of years ago and saw the Orcs, they saw in the Orcs what they used to be, and being kindred spirits, the Orcs retaught them how to commune with the elements.
    Draenei never learned Shamanism from the Orcs.

Nobundo taught them and he was once a Paladin that was unable to call upon the light anymore until the Wind answered him and was taught to harness the Elements.

What many people forget that Shaman aren't just guys who use Elemental power but also are Spiritual guides who can upon Spirits to help them.

Especially Draenei, Dwarves and Goblins aren't showing this part of Shamanism at all.

Orcs revere the Wolf Spirit
    Trolls revere the Loa Spirits
    Tauren revere the Spirits of their Ancestors

Uh? Gnomes and Night Elves SHOULD be able to choose mage. Have you heard of the Highborne? Have you played any fantasy games? Gnomes are almost ALWAYS magic users, to augment their diminutive statures.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 05:41 AM ----------

Ah ah ah! Trolls were originally a PRIEST dominated society. The "Voodoo" wasn't shamanism, it was the Dark side of the light.(But yes they had both) But the highest members of Troll society were Zandalari Priests that communicated with the Loa. Orc and Tauren were shamanistic yes, so were the Wildhammer dwarves(which is what you technically are if you make a Dwarf Shaman). If you have had to fight any Furbolg in game you instantly recognize the abilities as being Shamanistic in nature, and the Furbolg are the ancestors of the Pandaren.
    When the Trolls joined the Horde they were taught the ways of the shaman and like I said, Trolls taught the shaman of the Horde things in return. Hex and Chain Heal are abilities of troll units from Warcraft 3 and totems, one of the defining features of shaman, are functionally closer witch doctor and shadow hunter wards than Tauren totems. I'm just saying for the Horde other than the Goblins the race choices seem a lot more natural, they just wanted some variety for the Alliance which is fine, sometimes gameplay needs to trump lore, but now the Alliance has 3 races that can be Shaman while the Horde still has 2 Paladin races.

Quote Originally Posted by Drebbin View Post
    When the Trolls joined the Horde they were taught the ways of the shaman and like I said, Trolls taught the shaman of the Horde things in return. Hex and Chain Heal are abilities of troll units from Warcraft 3 and totems, one of the defining features of shaman, are functionally closer witch doctor and shadow hunter wards than Tauren totems. I'm just saying for the Horde other than the Goblins the race choices seem a lot more natural, they just wanted some variety for the Alliance which is fine, sometimes gameplay needs to trump lore, but now the Alliance has 3 races that can be Shaman while the Horde still has 2 Paladin races.
    True, but I'm not entirely sure which would be the next Horde race to get paladins,(barring Pandaren). Orcs have some precedence, Don't really picture Trolls having any real lore reasons to be pallies, I could picture Goblin Pallies as being "Holy Enforcers" for their extortion rackets i.e. goblin churches. I could also see Forsaken paladin considering some of them WERE paladins when they fell, although must fallen paladins were raised as Death Knights. Got to say, Forsaken Pallies would make some interesting lore stuff.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It has been said already, but I don't see any other ally race fitting a shaman role. Hell, I only see Draenei's fitting that role tbh, although the Wildhammer dwarves were already participating in shamanism, so in a way, it makes sense. Not really sure how pandaren fits into it tbh.

that Taurens, Trolls and Orcs could be shamans makes all the sense in the world, even goblins make sense. We only see one side of goblins usually and that is the side of money=good! side, but goblins make viable shamans aswell (albeit less then the others).

But then again, it's the same with paladin. More choice on ally side then horde side regarding paladins.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

True, but I'm not entirely sure which would be the next Horde race to get paladins,(barring Pandaren). Orcs have some precedence, Don't really picture Trolls having any real lore reasons to be pallies, I could picture Goblin Pallies as being "Holy Enforcers" for their extortion rackets i.e. goblin churches. I could also see Forsaken paladin considering some of them WERE paladins when they fell, although must fallen paladins were raised as Death Knights. Got to say, Forsaken Pallies would make some interesting lore stuff.
    I personally think Forsaken Paladins rediscovering the light in a similar way to Forsaken Priests would be interesting. I know technically from a lore perspective every Forsaken Priest is a Shadow Priest but once again, gameplay must trump lore there. A Forsaken Priest would actually make me want to level my Paladin, think about it, riding into battle on a golden armored undead horse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of allowing more races to roll shaman, I hope there will be a day that shamans become a horde only class (again)!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Instead of allowing more races to roll shaman, I hope there will be a day that shamans become a horde only class (again)!
    I hope not, my draenei looks so cute
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kritirius View Post
    Belf makes sense, Tauren.. Not so much.
    Dwarf Shamans? Lol.
    Panda Shamans? C'mon.
    i think what he is saying is that horde have to choose between 2 races for pallys and alli gets to pick form 3 races for shmmyas. Just my guess
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kritirius View Post
    Belf makes sense, Tauren.. Not so much.
    Dwarf Shamans? Lol.
    Panda Shamans? C'mon.
    All makes sense.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    No pesky boring humans should ruin the awesomeness of shamans.