Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    No, they want to avoid mergers because merging servers automatically means your game sucks, failed, and is dying.

No it means you care more for you playerbase and their in game experience than you do for appearances.

All I get from Bliz refusing to enable free transfers (FFS games like Rift do it!) or server merges is that Bliz dont give a shit about player experience so long as they can milk players for more money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    All I get from Bliz refusing to enable free transfers (FFS games like Rift do it!) or server merges is that Bliz dont give a shit about player experience so long as they can milk players for more money.
    Why would you offer a service for free, when you can bill you customers 20$ for it, and they are perfectly fine paying it. Are you crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    The reason server transfers are paid is to protect server economies. A compromise decision would be to lower the transfer fee to 5 dollar/euro and make a bundle pack "all chars moved for 15 dollar/euro"

throwing 100+ euro to move your chars is just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    Why would you offer a service for free, when you can bill you customers 20$ for it, and they are perfectly fine paying it. Are you crazy?
    Moving chars costs them literally nothing. Milking 20 euro for it is just that Milking your base.

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    All we got were people /w 27/7 about inviting their mains so they could come farm our rares, our ore and herbs, farm Order of the Cloud Serpent reputation and killing our world bosses. CRZ has not given us any help when it comes to auction house being non-exstinct and more players for raids.
    They take your jobs, hit on your women, live off of social benefits and refuse to integrate into our culture!

Oh, wrong text, sorry. That's kind of what it sounded like. I don't care about CRZ. Can't say it did anything good for me, but I just don't get the hate. I never noticed anything about it that's somehow damaging my playing experience. /shrug

Deleted
    Why are so many people said that CRZ's have failed them when their only purpose was to make zones populated? So that you run into other players in an MMO.... CRZ's have been a success... If you left a high pop realm to a low pop realm hoping for CRZ's to fix everything, you're doing it wrong.

I would, however, like to see something done about the dead servers and the major faction imbalances on most realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Moving chars costs them literally nothing. Milking 20 euro for it is just that Milking your base.
    Last time I checked it's called good business, but whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason server transfers are paid is to protect server economies. A compromise decision would be to lower the transfer fee to 5 dollar/euro and make a bundle pack "all chars moved for 15 dollar/euro"

So much of this it hurts. Having max level toons spread out across multiple servers and even faction gets super pricey when I want to bring them all together.
    A bundle package would be awesome or at least include a free faction change with xfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

10+ Year Old Account

I totally agree. Most of us that stays on these low pop. servers are sort of bound for economical reasons. I've been on my current realm for a long time, and I've established an 11 character army with various professions etc.

My server is decent, but not great. Economy is bad, progress is somewhat lacking, PvP is non existent. I've thought about moving, but I want to have all my characters with me, or else there's no point in leaving. And I can't afford that, nor would I drop that much money on the game if I could.
    If an affordable bundle would come, say €15, I would most likely use it.

Let's think economics here. Just because they lower the prices on something doesn't it mean they'll lose income. Rather the opposite. It would be way more appealing, and more people would use it. Hey, they would even make a bigger profit, which is likely.
    Last edited by Fog; 2013-03-04 at 12:49 PM.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

Quote Originally Posted by invizion View Post
    Why are so many people said that CRZ's have failed them when their only purpose was to make zones populated? So that you run into other players in an MMO.... CRZ's have been a success... If you left a high pop realm to a low pop realm hoping for CRZ's to fix everything, you're doing it wrong.

I would, however, like to see something done about the dead servers and the major faction imbalances on most realms.
    but blizzard got rid of group quests

people from other realms are just an annoyance, there's no reason to group with them, for anything

with crz in lowbie zones instead of seeing 2 people, you might see 3 or 4, it isn't a noticeable difference considering how wide spread zones are. Alot of people just dungeon grind to level.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    I'd hate it for my server to be merged with another one.

First, this would force me to rename ALL of my characters and configure ALL of my addons again from scratch since addons are based on the characters' names.
    Second, this would ruin the economy since more players means more competition and more bots.
    Third, the absolute majority of those who play on dead realms actually enjoy it. Yes, some people actually like to be part of one small community. Shocking, I know (sarcasm).

I'd love for Blizz to remove the transfer option altogether as well as scrap that ridiculous CRZ idea. And of course, no server merging.
    Wtf am i reading?

I don't think we should be so cynical about the cost of character transfers.

The cost is meant to ensure that there is a cost- not to "profit Blizzard" and it is DEFINITELY not "good business practice", but because if that service were free, it could (and likely would) be abused, with less populated realms (not talking about empty ones) likely being dessicated in days instead of months. If you are on a medium pop realm with an ok number of guilds but you wanted to raid, it would ENTIRELY REMOVE the cost of just going to the big servers, etc.

That's why there's a cost.

However, at this point, it does feel punishing. The small realms have just taken it on the damned chin for so long. They need to merge the realms in a way that makes sense. I'm sick of hearing about character names- if you think Blizzard can't solve that (Hint: If you are Doodle of Arthas, maybe they could just keep your name as Doodle-Arthas, the same as it displays now) than you are seriously lacking a proper awe of the tech achievement that are CRZ.

There are technical barriers in the way. I hoped we'd see a solution by now, but it appears that we will not- at least not before essentially all the low pop realms are sucked entirely dry.

they can't just merge servers.

some people have moved away from servers because of things like harassment or issues with people, it would be a bigger headache for blizzard than having low pop servers as they would have to give refunds then.

I'll say Tera did a server merge while I was on break from the game. I came back to see I lost all my character names due to duplicates. Even though I made my original during the prerelease character naming event. If they did a server merger and I lost my character names on wow I would be pretty annoyed as I spend a lot of time naming my toons.

But besides that, I think they should merge the basically dead servers. CRZ is not at all the same as being on an actually populated realm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    Last time I checked it's called good business, but whatever.
    It costs them nothing to move your char. Charging people for something that is free is not good business, it's exploitation.

I moved 2 of my chars from a dying realm in 2010. I would rather quit wow than pay again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrate View Post
    I'll say Tera did a server merge while I was on break from the game. I came back to see I lost all my character names due to duplicates. Even though I made my original during the prerelease character naming event. If they did a server merger and I lost my character names on wow I would be pretty annoyed as I spend a lot of time naming my toons.
    This is a lame argument. I lost the name Cybran in 2010 after I had paid them money. Just make up new names.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    The sad part about the transfer situation currently, is that it's showing CRZ is not doing it's job.

People are -still- migrating to higher pop servers once either capped, or before so.

CRZ is not aimed at people who migrate. CRZ affects low(er) level zones while people who migrate, usually do it with their max level characters. CRZ has no effect on high level zones, Pandaria is not affected by it. Nobody in their right minds migrate their lvl 50 character for 20 Euro...

10+ Year Old Account
    They're getting their money but causing some servers to completely die.

The server I'd been on for nearly seven years since I started playing the game, I've finally given up and moved off of. That server is so dead that nearly every guild has given up and transferred off. Horde was getting on a bit better than Alliance was, but two Horde guilds just moved off and if you check recent reports on WoL for the server you see a whopping one guild with any logs.

I've barely played since I moved but I know I won't regret it...as much as I'd like to be able to bring my other characters over as well, at least I now have my main and all my heirloom gear on a fresh, full pop server where I can find other people to actually do things with.

CRZ might be there, but you still can't do cross-realm guilds, current tier raids or arenas with it. It's also much easier to find a RBG or old raid group if you're on a full server, unless you're using something like OpenRaid.