10+ Year Old Account

Suggestion for the language barrier

For an rper, i often find the language barrier annoying, since it isn't based on anything more then the childish nature of the wow community throwing verbal abuse at one another cross faction, where as in the lore itself, characters across faction communicate all the time, infact you see it ingame all the time (Genn Greymane fighting Sylvanas, Jaina talking to Thrall, Varian having spats with Garrosh).

But well making across faction communication available to people, I don't understand why we can't have it say ingame in text and emotes, so we can speak to friends who are playing on there opposing faction character.

"Why should they do this, its world of WARRRRcraft" is what your thinking, but honestly, given the state of cross real id allows for communication cross faction with out friend already, it shouldn't really be that much to imagine it happening. Simply allow the jargon to exist with people cross faction if they are not friends, but for people who are friends and in a real id group, they can talk ingame.

It might change at a later stage, but not for a long time. A lot of people won't see the point.

Doubt it will ever change. It's pretty much a core concept of wow now [Citation needed].
    And lore characters speaking cross faction is just a game mechanic or something along that line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    "Why should they do this, its world of WARRRRcraft" is what your thinking, but honestly, given the state of cross real id allows for communication cross faction with out friend already, it shouldn't really be that much to imagine it happening. Simply allow the jargon to exist with people cross faction if they are not friends, but for people who are friends and in a real id group, they can talk ingame.
    I don't really think RID/battletag is relevant to this issue, since communication through that method inherently "out of character" because you're talking to the player and not the character. I don't think it's an analogous situation for pointing to to ask why you can't communicate in character with in-game, especially since the reason you want to communicate through regular means is for role playing reasons.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    I have been in MMOs with non-consensuated PVP and open communication between factions and ....it does not end well.

But well,anyway i would sign your petition if Blizzard expands the ignore list to 25.000 items.

Deleted
    In Planetside 2 you can speak with the other faction and yet, I havent see any issues.

What Trassk says would work in RP servers, it would make it very interesting actually, but I dont really see the point using this in Pve-Pvp servers where the both facions cant really use any benefit for this new tool any would probably use it to flame the opposite faction. I support the idea but we dont know how will affect this in the community.

Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    Doubt it will ever change. It's pretty much a core concept of wow now [Citation needed].
    And lore characters speaking cross faction is just a game mechanic or something along that line.
    No, it's explicitly the other way around. Horde Pandaren can't talk to Alliance Pandaren simply because Blizz is still convinced that they'd just be jerks otherwise, there's literally no other reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see a reason for it, it's not interesting or a good feature, imo. Time for it to be changed ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    It only depends if blizzard wants to allow cross faction communication; that's it. As long as they don't want, it won't happen, argumentation be damned.

Though It might be interesting to test cross-faction communication on a single server to see how it really would go.