Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizzard wants you to progress through instances, not skip immediately to the newest instance. They've stated/made it clear they want something in between the BC and the Cata model, and currently this is what we have. The estimated iLvl I've seen posted back is what my guild expects the difficulty to be tuned at, or to say, starting around 502 and ramping up. That means heroic MGV, elite protectors, would put you at that level, any other heroics would be bonus. As well, it's the first week of the tier and you have none (or not as much as you could) of the 522+ valor gear, but you're here complaining it's too hard. So what do you want? To faceroll through content, or to progress? You're attempting content designed around gear nearly half a tier above yours if you're in 496. If you expect for it to be easy, you're in for a surprise.

The tier seemed to be released early comparing to how far guilds were progressed in T14, but I'd still likely recommend doing more T14 heroics for gear, at least the important ones/any which you have on farm, then going to T15, esp. if you're lacking gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnorrior View Post
    Blizzard wants you to progress through instances, not skip immediately to the newest instance. They've stated/made it clear they want something in between the BC and the Cata model, and currently this is what we have. The estimated iLvl I've seen posted back is what my guild expects the difficulty to be tuned at, or to say, starting around 502 and ramping up. That means heroic MGV, elite protectors, would put you at that level, any other heroics would be bonus. As well, it's the first week of the tier and you have none (or not as much as you could) of the 522+ valor gear, but you're here complaining it's too hard. So what do you want? To faceroll through content, or to progress? You're attempting content designed around gear nearly half a tier above yours if you're in 496. If you expect for it to be easy, you're in for a surprise.

The tier seemed to be released early comparing to how far guilds were progressed in T14, but I'd still likely recommend doing more T14 heroics for gear, at least the important ones/any which you have on farm, then going to T15, esp. if you're lacking gear.
    How is clearing/farming normal T14 and expecting to do normal T15 skipping content? Why should heroic T14 be required for normal T15?

Quote Originally Posted by gnorrior View Post
    Blizzard wants you to progress through instances, not skip immediately to the newest instance. They've stated/made it clear they want something in between the BC and the Cata model, and currently this is what we have. The estimated iLvl I've seen posted back is what my guild expects the difficulty to be tuned at, or to say, starting around 502 and ramping up. That means heroic MGV, elite protectors, would put you at that level, any other heroics would be bonus.
    Progression should be from T14N -> T15N not T14N + Some heroics ->T15N. The fight should be tuned for an average ilvl of 496. Hell I'm 498 iLvl and am 10/16H, you're expecting way too much of normal mode guilds.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    3 shot this boss last night. It's really, really easy. Actually, we got to the last phase with 3 people dead and just cycled tank cooldowns to live. My opinion: people are bad at this game.
    Opinion: you have reading comprehension problems.

Deleted
    On the 15 attempts we had last night, the priests were fine tbh... We burned the 1st one down before the Effusion spawned, then marked one of the next two and burned them down. As soon as teh effusions spawn switch to them and nuke them (they have very little health). Ignore the Blood guys and just cleave them down or finish them off between door switches.

Its the Drakkari that we had the most problems with. The random aggro adds can be a pain when you run out of stuns etc, since you are primarily trying to nuke down the warlords that are pounding the tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    And what's you iLvl? From what I'm seeing anyone who's claiming one shots were in groups ilvl average above 500 and closer to 510. My group is in the low to mid 490's so we are having problems powering through the adds.

There is no doubt that if your group is will geared from all heroics you'll plow through this boss's adds like nothing. For those of us who only tackled a couple heroics and not geared to the hilt are going to struggle.
    Our gear was relatively high (I'm approximating an average of 505 raid wide). But I did take that into account, if ilvl 505 people can 1 shot it with not even knowing tactics beforehand, people with say, 495-500 ilvl should be able to do it after a few wipes.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    here is the thing about this boss. it feels overtuned. then you start getting the mechanics down and it feels easier. once you figure out that aoe is BAD, it will be much smoother.

pick the dangerous adds (venom priests for example) and mark one, burn it down. we managed to kill first venom priest before he cast effusion. then the 2nd 2 priests spawn. mark one, burn it. have a few mellee assigned to the effusion if they spawn. everyone else nukes down that one add only. this really is the key to the fight, dps whores will wipe you.

check recount, look at the damage spread of your reliable raiders, and compare everyone else. if your warlock's highest damage is seed of corruption, he is hindering your raid even if he is top on dps.

our kill was amazingly messy, hit enrage at 13% and kited him to death, but still the messy first kills always feel the best

edit: our average ilvl is probably no higher than 495

Deleted
    Yeah we killed the first boss well fast then died on Horridon all night. Hopefully sort it tonight. Blarghhh.

Deleted
    Accounting for item upgrades that has been out all of 5.1, the required 495-500 ilvl is not hard to get for a guild. that has normal modes on farm (and maybe a few HM). you shouldn't be expecting to go in and kill things if you gained access to N ToES 3 weeks ago. I'm not sure why people are complaining that such gear requirement (if it's even that, I'm sure it could be less with properly executed tactics) is too high.
    Last edited by mmoc292a31f66f; 2013-03-07 at 03:29 PM.

Yeah this boss can be solo healed but it's "overtuned" ...

Just manage adds correctly (meaning pack 'em and aoe, and/or ofcus the most violent ones and the healers), click the orb, dispell whatever you can as soon as you can, have your dps kick the adequate things cast by the adds and that's about it.

ps: if you've been doing only T14 normal mode and uprgadingr you gear, you should have 500ilvl, which is more than enough to kill the boss.
    Last edited by kouby; 2013-03-07 at 03:33 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kouby View Post
    Yeah this boss can be solo healed but it's "overtuned" ...

Just manage adds correctly (meaning pack 'em and aoe, and/or ofcus the most violent ones and the healers), click the orb, dispell whatever you can as soon as you can, have your dps kick the adequate things cast by the adds and that's about it.

ps: if you've been doing only T14 normal mode and uprgadingr you gear, you should have 500ilvl, which is more than enough to kill the boss.
    Solo healed my ass... Let's see the logs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, people complaining about a fight being too hard at release. Shocking.

Perhaps you should try putting in 50-75 attempts first. If you are still lacking progress, then you have raiders that are incapable of dispelling, interrupting, and/or severely lacking situational awareness.

Are guilds really not willing to bash their heads against a wall a little...just a little? I could see if two weeks had gone by and the majority of guilds were still stuck, but c'mon people.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2013-03-07 at 03:41 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    This fight appears to be very comp dependent for 10 mans. Yes it's a gear check, but it's also a comp check. A pretty tough one for 10 mans. Our guild has the dps, but our comp isn't the best. We've gotten through to the last door before hitting a wall.

To the poster above me and others: Not a qq, just an expression of frustration. People should be allowed to express it. The fact that this forum and the WoW one has threads specifically for this boss, is telling.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Thetinyone View Post
    That is untrue, you will always get 3 special adds, no more, no less.
    Also can someone please answer:
    Does Mass Dispell work for the following:

- Poison on Gurbashi Door (2nd)
    - Disease on Drakkari Door (3rd)?
    Oh, didnt know that and i dont believe MD works for that

Non-heroic 10m raiding guild here. Average raid ilvl of about 490.

Once we got the coordination down, we managed to 3 shot Horridon. Two tanks swapped after each gate, 3 healers (2x pally, 1x priest).

P1 should be pretty easy. Just don't stand in the sand.
    P2 was a bit of a challenge. All of our dps that had interrupts focused a priest and did their best to kick casts. Burned down adds as fast as possible. Had to single-target cleanse poisons. Each pally took a group and dispelled them.
    P3 isn't too bad. All dps stacked on top of add-tank. Popped Heroism + CDs and we all moved towards the last gate while nuking down adds. Having a fixed movement helped us avoid frost orbs and kept the raid organized. Add-tank should use defensive CDs if needed.
    P4 wasn't too difficult either. Just avoid totems and kill adds.

Once you get to last phase, it's a basic tank and spank. Tanks will take big hits every once in a while so tanks/healers should be ready to pop defensive CDs.

Other tips:
    1. Have a melee dps be designated orb controller. Call out when orb drops. I believe you can move while you are controlling the orb. So no excuses for dying in void zones.
    2. This fight is similar to Garalon. Requires the entire raid to perform their role well. We spent about 2 hours wiping before we solidified our strategy. Once we had that down, it was just a matter of execution.
    3. To answer a question above - Priests cannot MD the poison. Not sure about the disease.
    Last edited by pld; 2013-03-07 at 03:54 PM.

My guild finally killed it last night using 3 heals. When we got to the Gurubashi gate we would focus fire/interupt the priest before it had a chance to cast an effusion. Did the same thing to one of the next 2 priests that spawn. So we really only had to deal with 1 of the priests casting effusions, which made it a lot more manageable and people didn't waste nearly as much mana cleansing. Of course this all relies on how good your dps are. You may have to 2 heal it.

On the 3rd gate we would do the same, focus fire down the first warlord, then focus on the little adds until Horridon rammed the gate, then finish off the big guys.

The 4th gate is pretty easy. We killed the first bear and his rider, then focus fired the little adds until he rammed the gate again, then finished up all the adds, moved boss to middle and finished the fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Above post is a perfect example of how guilds should approach challenging content.

You have to be willing to put in the time to progress, even if it takes multiple nights and 100 attempts.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kouby View Post
    Yeah... No. Even in the assumption of perfect drops (lol), 500 ilvl for people clearing normal mode is about as ultimate as it gets. 496 in all slots (which isn't even possible, trinkets/shields/off-hands for example), and then it takes 3k valor to gain 1 ilvl. Was 5.1 even out for 12 weeks?
    The standard for people who clear normals is more like 490-496. I'd be well surprised if you wouldn't have a lot of problem finding an armory of your so called 500 ilvl normal t14 player standard.

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    Non-heroic 10m raiding guild here. Average raid ilvl of about 490.

Once we got the coordination down, we managed to 3 shot Horridon. Two tanks swapped after each gate, 3 healers (2x pally, 1x priest).

P1 should be pretty easy. Just don't stand in the sand.
    P2 was a bit of a challenge. All of our dps that had interrupts focused a priest and did their best to kick casts. Burned down adds as fast as possible. Had to single-target cleanse poisons. Each pally took a group and dispelled them.
    P3 isn't too bad. All dps stacked on top of add-tank. Popped Heroism + CDs and we all moved towards the last gate while nuking down adds. Having a fixed movement helped us avoid frost orbs and kept the raid organized. Add-tank should use defensive CDs if needed.
    P4 wasn't too difficult either. Just avoid totems and kill adds.

Once you get to last phase, it's a basic tank and spank. Tanks will take big hits every once in a while so tanks/healers should be ready to pop defensive CDs.

Other tips:
    1. Have a melee dps be designated orb controller. Call out when orb drops. I believe you can move while you are controlling the orb. So no excuses for dying in void zones.
    2. This fight is similar to Garalon. Requires the entire raid to perform their role well. We spent about 2 hours wiping before we solidified our strategy. Once we had that down, it was just a matter of execution.
    3. To answer a question above - Priests cannot MD the poison. Not sure about the disease.

Thank you for this, going to be starting ToT tonight and your post has been insightful for how a guild that doesn't overgear the encounter did it.

We did manage to one shot without any idea what was going on (25man), BUT I do know that kicks are supposed to be huge, and if I recall correctly, you need to kite some orb thing from the frost guys as they do a lot of avoidable damage. Also I do also remember having no adds up at all during any transition, perhaps healers are not getting kicked?