Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    At some point I'd like to calculate (or have someone better at math than I am) to calculate just how much of a DPS nerf the invocation change really caused for frost and fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    At some point I'd like to calculate (or have someone better at math than I am) to calculate just how much of a DPS nerf the invocation change really caused for frost and fire.
    They tried to work it out in the IW thread but nobody could agree.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    That is the top 100 parses, if you switch to average they are on the bottom. More accurate, speaking it removes some of the RNG element.
    Yes currently RNG for fire is so bad, that top 100 skews up the results.. not that average is perfect cause it has all the people that dont know how to play fire yet as well.

Rough Pretty accurate (confirmed with simple simcraft runs a while back) is a 8.5% nerf to Mage bomb, combustion and ignite damage for fire and no net nerf to pyro and fireball or ~ 3.8 % for fire

Frost pulled dead even out of the patch with all nerdfa nd buffs considered

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchitechSK View Post
    Rough Pretty accurate (confirmed with simple simcraft runs a while back) is a 8.5% nerf to Mage bomb, combustion and ignite damage for fire and no net nerf to pyro and fireball or ~ 3.8 % for fire

Frost pulled dead even out of the patch with all nerdfa nd buffs considered
    As someone who played the hell out of frost in T14 heroics, I can say that's not true.

I am doing less DPS now. A lot less.

Deleted
    What would be the point of top 100 parses ?

I don't know seems to me you're only gonna see :

People who "cheated" dps meters (multi dot when not needed)
    Overgeared people
    Huge streak of RNG
    etc..

Why not look at all parses ?

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who played the hell out of frost in T14 heroics, I can say that's not true.

Yep. I'm doing a good 5-10k less. It really is painful being bottom of the meters.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    Armory

Fight mechanics and more importantly familiarity with fights play a huge roll - can you expand on your anecdote?

Imagine, middle of the pack after 2 days...I mean wow..just wow.
    Give it some time you whiners, if your spec is "underpowered" they will balance it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchitechSK View Post
    Fight mechanics and more importantly familiarity with fights play a huge roll - can you expand on your anecdote?
    Fight mechanics don't count in 5.0 lfr :P I've done them all this week and a lot in general.
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Give it some time you whiners, if your spec is "underpowered" they will balance it
    Our best spec is 5k lower than the next lowest classes best spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Actually not middle of the pack. We are the bottom 3 specs currently. If the plan is to have us good at H T15 BiS, but worst in ~500 ilevel, that is a terrible plan on Blizzards part.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Fight mechanics don't count in 5.0 lfr :P I've done them all this week and a lot in general.
    Length of fight in Lfr is a dominating factor in fight to fight dps - any insight on that?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done each lfr 24 times. I do the most dps I can and I log it. I'd like to think I'm a fairly good judge of the rng and variables in lfr.
    Armory

It would be interesting to see the amount of parses for mages raidbots picks up. Id bet my bottom dollar that the numbers are down which means mages are not being brought to the raids. If this is the case then the parses we do get are going to be worse as I suspect the top end players would more likely bench their mages and bring other classes. Overall the mage class takes a dive in both DPS and representation numbers. GG blizz you achieved what you wanted to lets all go play locks now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well at least we got a blue to acknowledged they are watching the data. Its better than being flat out ignored. I do agree that I feel like I'm down about 5 - 10K from last tier.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    Well at least we got a blue to acknowledged they are watching the data. Its better than being flat out ignored. I do agree that I feel like I'm down about 5 - 10K from last tier.
    Where did you see this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidd View Post
    Where did you see this?
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/309554202462519297

Well,

Time to cancel my subscriptions until they fix this.

I'd encourage others to do so as well.

Deleted
    Hm, they only talking about fire and arcane, but Frost is already on the bottom of the three with the worst scaling? Starting to hate those Blizzard fellas ^^ That will result in "I have to progress with fire or arcane and only could play with frost in farm raids : /"