Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    So, when's the game going to be unlocked? It's 8 AM in EU currently.
    I remember reading one of the devs saying 10AM pacific time, so if my google skills are correct that's in about 10 hours.
    Last edited by Byrogan; 2013-04-05 at 07:58 AM.

That's 19:00 CET. It's the usual time for things to unlock.

I wonder if someone will make Castle Defense.. Could have the name wrong.. But it was a custom game mode I used to play as a kid every day when I got home from school. Or maybe it was called Castle Rush.. Ugh it's been a long time.

Edit: It was Castle Blood! That was the name of it.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2013-04-05 at 02:19 PM.

Deleted
    First thing I'm going to do is load up a Random Map.

Still undecided on what civ I'm going to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian View Post
    First thing I'm going to do is load up a Random Map.

Still undecided on what civ I'm going to use.
    Chinese OP!!!(Or was it Japanese?) Either way, one of those started with more Villagers than other Civ's, very overpowered at start

Chinese OP!!!(Or was it Japanese?) Either way, one of those started with more Villagers than other Civ's, very overpowered at start
    When I used to play death match, my main Civilization was the Teutons. They're pretty beast, especially against people who stack archer units. Sure, the Elite Teutonic Knight are slow as fuck, but they could take a beating and dish out the pain.

I think it was the Chinese, and they didn't need houses and had max population limit at the beginning. I always went for the Brits. Loved the longbowmen. It was funny watching them rain death down on anything that came at them.

So, is this remake worth the $$$s ?
    Loved the original, played it for years on end, but the price tag is rather high for such a small job of a remake. (or am I missing some added features or something?)

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I wonder if someone will make Castle Defense.. Could have the name wrong.. But it was a custom game mode I used to play as a kid every day when I got home from school. Or maybe it was called Castle Rush.. Ugh it's been a long time.

Edit: It was Castle Blood! That was the name of it.
    If the map was made in 1.0c, you can just download it and import it into the game folder and play it right away.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 05:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kouby View Post
    So, is this remake worth the $$$s ?
    Loved the original, played it for years on end, but the price tag is rather high for such a small job of a remake. (or am I missing some added features or something?)
    Full Steam Workshop integration, Steam multiplayer, full support for modern systems (pink water begone!), Steam achievements, updated graphics, etc. Whether that's worth your money or not is up to you. But to me it is.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 05:22 PM ----------

Also, only an hour and 40 minutes from this post!

Deleted
    Just done something I haven't done in about 10 years.

Spammed 11 in a AoE 2 multiplayer lobby. Got told I was a noob / scrub.

If I die now, I will die a happy man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL9lPGo4JGI

I'm reading the steam forums and it sounds like people are not happy. Some things I have read

- Can't change screen resolution
    - MP games are extremely laggy and unplayable.
    - Game looks very blurry

Just some of the popular complaints. Anyone have purchased it can confirm this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I'm reading the steam forums and it sounds like people are not happy. Some things I have read

- Can't change screen resolution
    - MP games are extremely laggy and unplayable.
    - Game looks very blurry

Just some of the popular complaints. Anyone have purchased it can confirm this?
    - Some are saying the game is set to your monitors resolution, whether that's true or not I don't know but I do know that there isn't an in-game option to change it.
    - Incredibly laggy, I had a few of my buildings get destroyed in about 1sec and about 2secs apart and I had fully upgraded from the university, not to mention the almost 5sec delay to move units (could be that I'm in Australia).. Which is another thing, MP is region specific so if it's early morning like it was for me (3:30am) don't expect many games up, I had 2 games in the lobby.
    - Some textures look like they haven't been touched e.g. a few of the Japanese buildings look terrible, other then that though I haven't noticed any major buggy textures and the game does look pretty decent.
    - Oh and I might the only one getting this error but when I select a civilization from the conqueror's expansion in a random game/MP, the game crashes.

I would advise staying away until a patch comes out and fixes these issues.

I'm getting only like 20-25 FPS in the game..

i5-2500k 4.3GHz
    8GB 1333Mhz RAM
    ASUS GTX 580 DirectCU II

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    - Some are saying the game is set to your monitors resolution, whether that's true or not I don't know but I do know that there isn't an in-game option to change it.
    - Incredibly laggy, I had a few of my buildings get destroyed in about 1sec and about 2secs apart and I had fully upgraded from the university, not to mention the almost 5sec delay to move units (could be that I'm in Australia).. Which is another thing, MP is region specific so if it's early morning like it was for me (3:30am) don't expect many games up, I had 2 games in the lobby.
    - Some textures look like they haven't been touched e.g. a few of the Japanese buildings look terrible, other then that though I haven't noticed any major buggy textures and the game does look pretty decent.
    - Oh and I might the only one getting this error but when I select a civilization from the conqueror's expansion in a random game/MP, the game crashes.

I would advise staying away until a patch comes out and fixes these issues.
    Sad to hear about the MP. That would be the only reason I buy it and if it's unplayable because of lag I will not bother. Hell, back in the day I don't recall having lag issues and back then I had a shitty PC and shitty dial up. Granted it's a 10+ year old game, you think the connection would be much better today.

I'm getting only like 20-25 FPS in the game..

i5-2500k 4.3GHz
    8GB 1333Mhz RAM
    ASUS GTX 580 DirectCU II
    Your so lucky i only get 4-5 fps, everything runs smooth then after 1-2minutes everythings starts to slow down and lag all over the screen. I can't even complete the tutorial it's that bad.

That being said, i can't wait till they ironed out the initial bugs, crashes etc.
    Last edited by Synithin; 2013-04-05 at 10:01 PM.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    It's cool that they acknowledge the issue and are working on it. I will keep and eye on that twitter to see how fast they can push out a patch.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are loads of issues. The first mission in the Joan of Arc campaign is buggy. Joan died on me and it didn't say mission failed, so I got to the end of the mission and couldn't complete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    There are loads of issues. The first mission in the Joan of Arc campaign is buggy. Joan died on me and it didn't say mission failed, so I got to the end of the mission and couldn't complete it.
    Pretty sure I had that once in the original game too.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well maybe now they can fix it! I played the living crap out of the original version and never had that bug.