10+ Year Old Account

Question Ra-Den and his defeat. Lore spitballin'

While much about Ra-Den is not yet known (aside he was the guardian of the Titan weapon in MSV and empowered Lei Shen probably by force). Do you think we would be "too weak" to defeat Ra-Den have he not been for his obvious injuries. It seems like that was the work of Lei Shen as I doubt Ra-Den would empower the Thunder King out of his own accord. I know that from a story perspective there may have been some gimmick that would allows to defeat a Titanic Guardian if he would be in his prime/un-injured

Basically what I am getting at is..do you think that have not Ra-Den would be weaker than his former self we would have to harness the power of Sha (much like Garrosh wants) to be able to match his power. Or trying to use the Divine bell as another alternative. Are we "lucky" that we are able to go toe-to-toe with this titan guardian as mortals due to his current "condition". Was the story written in such a way that ra-den had to be weakened for us to fight him without using Sha/Divine bell as then the repercussions of such a story would have negative consequences to a point of "why did we do this if we knew this was going to happen".

Unless this whole thing would go 180 on me and his injuries only empowered him greatly with corruptions of some sort much how XT was when we killed his heart of something along the lines of "Titan was too pure to corrupt from the outside so he had to be cut for corruption to seep in" type deal.

What's your take on Ra-Den as we know him currently.

Ra'den's heart was torn out.

He was tortured for years, along with being imprisoned.

Due to that fact, he was very, very, very, very, very much weakened.

You also need to keep in mind we killed foes like the Lich King and Deathwing, even with aid. We're not as weak as one would think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Ra'den's heart was torn out.

He was tortured for years, along with being imprisoned.

Due to that fact, he was very, very, very, very, very much weakened.

You also need to keep in mind we killed foes like the Lich King and Deathwing, even with aid. We're not as weak as one would think.
    well that is exactly my point. LK basically one-shots us and only due to Tirrion going ape-shit with the power of light breaks out. Returns our souls from LK's grasp back to our bodies and we defeat him. Deathwing required the aid of 5 dragon aspects which sacrificed their immortality. Hell even Yogg technically had Titans helping us (yes Alone in the Darkness was just us but one could argue that the titans watching from above could have jumped in and finished him if we all would have perished).

We are growing in strength now at least we are strong enough to conquer our deepest fears (Sha reference there for those that do not know) which begs the question are we ready for what coming>?

When Lei Shen was nothing more than the first Mogu emperor he was able to beat Ra-Den, he was a highly skilled warrior, but not more than that. Considering we'll be able to beat Thunder King Lei Shen I think it's safe to bet that we'd be able to beat up Ra-Den too, injuries or no injuries. I suspect that his blood will play a big part in his fight, so that would probably keep him up in difficulty as if he wasn't injured.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at his moves it looks like he has two "stances." One is based on lightning damage, and fits the Storm Lord and Raiden thing. The other seems to focus on death and plague.

Could be these stances are actually phases and he alternates between "corrupted" mode and "titan" mode based on what we do during the fight.

Edit- In response to wariofan1:
    But that doesn't make sense. The Mogu are a creation of the Titans; in fact, they were meant to be mini keepers from what I can tell. Isn't Ra-Den a full-fledged Watcher like the ones in Ulduar? They were Keepers as well as Watchers, I mean. Surely the Titans would have made Ra-Den more powerful than the Mogu by any measure.

I don't think Lei Shen beat or overpowered Ra-Den at all. I think he, somehow, outwitted him. You'd think a Titan Watcher would know everything and/or that mogu wouldn't be clever enough to outwit him, but on the other hand there's no reason why Lei Shen should have been able to just stumble in unprepared and beat a Watcher into submission.

My best guess to how he tricked him is that Lei Shen somehow convinced Ra-Den that the mogu hadn't been corrupted or lost their way and that he needed more of the Titans' power to enforce their will on Pandaria. After receiving that power, then he was able to imprison Ra-Den, maybe even trying to corrupt him now (based on his abilities) to turn him into a servant to further empower his empire.
    Last edited by Senka; 2013-03-08 at 10:02 PM.

Ra-den is the pandaria version of Loken a keeper i don't think that killing or just saving him would be a huge feat lorewise (game wise is another story).
    I've realised that wowpedia say defeat it seems like algalon.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2013-03-08 at 10:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Ra-den is the pandaria version of Loken a keeper i don't think that killing or just saving him would be a huge feat lorewise (game wise is another story).
    I've realised that wowpedia say defeat it seems like algalon.
    I think people are going on how Blizz said he'd be heroic only and super hard to defeat like Algalon was and jumping to conclusions Ra-Den is therefor stronger than Algalon because 80 VS 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    When Lei Shen was nothing more than the first Mogu emperor he was able to beat Ra-Den, he was a highly skilled warrior, but not more than that. Considering we'll be able to beat Thunder King Lei Shen I think it's safe to bet that we'd be able to beat up Ra-Den too, injuries or no injuries. I suspect that his blood will play a big part in his fight, so that would probably keep him up in difficulty as if he wasn't injured.
    We actually don't know that he defeated Ra-Den before his power up - some of the lore seems to imply that Ra-Den empowered Lei Shen first in an effort to have the mogu bring order to the world, and Ra-Den turned on him later.

Deleted
    Maybe we'll free him from his jail, and then, make a step towards the titans.