Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    10man, 7/12 after ~8 hours (2 raid nights) including breaks and whatnot, given that the first night we raided without one of our main healers, and used an OS with a social DPS.
    Hardest for us was probably Megaera and Council.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 08:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Well given how easy the normal content is for heroic geared groups...even if worst case one group wouldn't manage a full clear.
    I don't doubt the difficulty, but we, for one, just cba to do these alt-thingies. Seems like a PITA.

first four hours tonight, 5 bosses down. 1 Shot Jin'rokh and Horridon, 2 shot Council once our tanks got off some silly strat which included a ranged tanking Mar'li to what benefit I don't know. Actually had a bit of an issue with Tortos, took us like 10ish pulls because we had to coordinate people to not run towards shells during rockfalls and make the kickers take a shit ton of damage (+ some kick fails which were totally on me). Maegera like 3 or 4 pulls.

I feel like we spent more time on trash than anything else, tbh. Couldn't find the bells to summon Maegera to save our lives. Someone needs to make videos about trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Aligerous View Post
    40 wipes on Jin'rokh (25 on 25-man, 15 on 10-man). 0/12 N. Spent two nights (6 hours total) on the boss. All of our ilvls are 485-495, 6/6/ MSV Normal and 2/6 HoF N. Yeah, baddie central, apparently.
    You are doing something mechanically wrong (taunting likely) Done right the healing and dps checks are trivial (and I mean that, I'm not some 16/6HC elitist).

Only raided about 5 hours so far, got the first two down with only a couple of attempts on Council. We only raid 7.5 hours a week, but we're fairly skilled, managed 5/12 heroic last tier with that light schedule. I expect us to get at least one more boss on Sunday if not two.

Difficulty hasn't been that bad. We wasted a lot more time on Jin'rokh than we should have(really should have 2 or 3 shot it but we had ranged derping it up and putting the sparks in stupid places). Our Horridon progression was amusing. We had about three or four pulls where we wiped on the first or second add pack, then out of nowhere we got all the way to the final phase, and killed him a pull or two later.

I'm really enjoying this raid so far. Can't wait to get down more bosses. So far Blizz gets a 10/10, job well done on ToT.

we got 6 down after 9 - 10 of raid... First 2 ones was pretty fast 1-2 shot it. Council we had problems till we change the strategy and 2 shot it. Tortos was a bit harder. Magera we took a while with it. Jinkuh 2-3 shot it. Starting to work on the next one.

Wasted my time in a 25m. Wiped on jinrokh way too much, wiped on horrodon cause of bad heals and interrupts. wiped on council cause of DC issues, tunneling dps, and bad heals. now they are wiping to tortos cause of bad heals and dps who can't move outta shit. shotty raid leader who's unprepared. I left with a few members and formed a 10m. we start tonight. expect to kill bosses in 1-2 attempts cause I got strategies out the wazoo.

Without gear; some of the bosses can be very fucking hard imo. When most of your raid has less than 500 ilvl, the bosses on 10 man are a real nightmare.

Council took our guild over 50 attempts, most guilds i know just bruteforced it and didn't even have to get a single sandstorm. Even with 2 healers we weren't able to just bruteforce it, found it very difficult and this is from a player who found Ragnaros heroic a joke.

I feel like heroic modes will be just as hard for guilds that bruteforced normal mode, as it was for us to kill normal bosses with legit tactics. Unless of course your entire group is insanely pro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went 12/12 with my eyes closed.... Blizzard make this harder your game has become a total joke.

Don't troll. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-03-10 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk1027 View Post
    Went 12/12 with my eyes closed.... Blizzard make this harder your game has become a total joke.
    If that's true, then your raid team cleared the raid, not you!

Deleted
    Sadly my guild has a problem with signups etc. And I really really miss alliance at the moment. Cba to find a new alliance guild though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk1027 View Post

dude if yout all 500+ ilvl with heroic gear and hc elite gear then i dont wonder. But you just did the content which is pointed at 480-500 ilvl normal mode raiders. Wait till next week and you will get your challenge. And i think this tier will last 3 weeks for hc raiders.

10 man, we're 10/12 after 8 hours of raiding. Pretty easy so far though I'd say Mageara is overtuned and jikun and primordius are definitely undertuned. Iron Qon was well tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    dude if yout all 500+ ilvl with heroic gear and hc elite gear then i dont wonder. But you just did the content which is pointed at 480-500 ilvl normal mode raiders. Wait till next week and you will get your challenge. And i think this tier will last 3 weeks for hc raiders.
    480ilvl normal raiders would be only breaker tbh, then horridon is like 495. but anyway yeah the guy probably overgears it heavily

Deleted
    Grp 1: 12/12
    Grp 2: 9/12
    Grp 3: 9/12
    Grp 4: 9/12

-.- many raidings be had. Not overly difficult but we overgear it. Idiot mechanics 1 shot you which is nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xiic View Post
    10 man, we're 10/12 after 8 hours of raiding. Pretty easy so far though I'd say Mageara is overtuned and jikun and primordius are definitely undertuned. Iron Qon was well tuned.
    Magera felt overtuned on the first few pulls but when we killed it it just felt like we used our cd's appropriately more than anything. Having said that i can see a lot of guilds taking a good amount of time to clear normal, which isn't the end of the world i guess.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    10m Guild had 10/16hc down in T14 (started late) Averaging 496ilvl as a whole.

1st - Doesn't even need commenting on
    2nd - A few attempts to get to grips with the adds, didn't take too long
    3rd - Struggled at first with the insane amount of raid wide damage/spikes, figured out DoT classes were OP and got it down then.
    4th - Didn't take long, 5/6 pulls at most
    5th - First hard fight, I expect this to be tuned down soon imo (on 10m atleast)
    6th - A joke, think he's related to the 1st boss.
    7th - Again a few tries to understand the fight and get used to the "black stuff", after that went down fairly easy.
    8th - Best try 10%, only just got there near raid end, just better debuff arrangement and its a kill, didn't appear to be too complex.
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2013-03-11 at 01:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    10m Guild, 5/16HC.

Struggling with Horridon.
    Currently Procrastinating

15+ Year Old Account
    We are only 4/12 in 25 man, but raiding tomorrow.

Deleted
    3/12 after two raid nights. We're a 25 man "casual" raiding guild who raids 4 times a week, by the looks of it. As our ilvl sits around 495 average, Horridon and council were two very intensive fights, both for healers and DPS alike. The council fight was one of the most annoying fights I've been into. As a healer, I felt like we were stuck in an endless loop of taking/receiving damage. We've seen no progress until we switched tactics and burned Sul down.
    As for the background, my guildies raided a few HCs, but not enough to gear themselves with heroic items. I personally sit at 494, which isn't that good for ToT.
    We'll do Tortos tomorrow, and if luck has it, we'll also down Megaera.
    Last edited by mmoc19e99d3d6c; 2013-03-11 at 01:30 AM.

Deleted
    i guess the people here is the heroic raid crowd. Would seem to be quite fast otherwise.