Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Tier tokens have been 100% drop ever since they changed to the 3 (was 4 in tbc) token system, not a single raid has been different since then, until now appareantly....

Deleted
    Since classic Tokens are an 100% Dropp.

Extremely retarded change.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post

Being a raiding group that is heavily stacked on the Vanq token. With this change some of us may never get our normal ilevel tier due to needing a token to drop AND it being vanq. Hell i hardly got it in the last tier due to VANQ tokens hardly dropping.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6877127785

Also its not just a gm a blue confirmed this is intended BUT at least they said if it is to bad they can revert it. Hopefully they do this.

This is retarded beyond much, words cant express the level of retardness of this change. what do they hope to acomplish doing this ? Force ppl into LFRs to complete theyre set bonusses maybe ?

Seriously a dumb change that completely hoses 10m raid groups. We have 1 tier piece drop out of 2 10man runs thus far with 3 bosses left to go as we tried to gear up mains for the next round of progression. Not looking good if the tier never drops.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Awesome, being a tank and passing all the tier to my dps and healers I will never have a hope of seeing 4 piece.

GM =/= Dev

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post

Except there were no tokens in classic

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    This is retarded beyond much, words cant express the level of retardness of this change. what do they hope to acomplish doing this ? Force ppl into LFRs to complete theyre set bonusses maybe ?
    I think it's a good change. I think their intended purpose is to not get everyone to believe that they'll be getting their tier bonuses quickly and instead of they need to rely on offset pieces moreso than they did in the past instead of just letting them get sharded because someone knows the next token is theirs.

Deleted
    idiotic change and another slap in the face of 10-man raiders if you ask me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    Wait, what?

People want tier tokens to drop 100% of the time now? Please tell me I understood that wrong.... QQ'ing about not getting the piece of loot you want on your first kill is just... ugh.
    This. I hate how, after the first few weeks, the tier drop is useless for anyone.

Deleted
    It's frustrating at the start due to people needing set bonuses... But, like other people have said - in the past it just became "yay, MORE protector tokens" on every boss when nobody needs them. Maybe this way there will be more weeks when people can get items they actually need.

Meh, dunno

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Except there were no tokens in classic
    AQ40 had them, from CThun and Ouru at least. I think they were guaranteed to drop 1 of each (there were only two token splits back then).

Deleted
    Someone call Xzibit cause we just got RNG in RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Tax View Post
    Awesome, being a tank and passing all the tier to my dps and healers I will never have a hope of seeing 4 piece.
    Um... dps over tank? you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    This. I hate how, after the first few weeks, the tier drop is useless for anyone.
    What game is it that you play that drop the exact correct tokens for each class evenly spread along the weeks to make the tokens drop "useless in a few weeks". To get a tier token for you with this new system you need: 1- beat the RNG so that a token actualy drops, 2- beat the RNG so that the token that dropped is one you can use, 3- threaten the life of your GM so he gives it to you instead of someone else.

This is the definition of putting RNG in RNG.

For 25 mans, this probably isn't a big deal. Ten mans on the contrary already had it pretty bad with token distribution, as every tier there is always the boss that drops the same token every week to the point where everyone on that token already has enough for their one or two off specs already. A dozen Heroic Shannox kills literally yielded 12 straight Vanq tokens back in H FL, something that is literally like 0.01% likely to happen yet happens anyways and seems to be a common trend.

IMO, if they don't want to make it drop 100% from one boss, fine, make the token drop a bonus drop from each boss with a 50% drop rate or something...for example the first 3 bosses would each have a 50% chance to drop gloves as a bonus third item, the next three legs, etc, those 2 will be available from the new loot pinata before long anyways to facerollers so who gives a shit. In my experience we DE so much shit anyways...the amount of heroic gear we melted last tier was phenomenally high, probably about 75% of it, I really don't see what's wrong with ensuring people get tier tokens if they are clearing content, at least for the first few kills of a boss, it's a guaranteed item for someone in your raid in most cases.

Either way, I'll wait for a confirmation for a dev first. I really think this is going to be a great raiding tier overall but some of the choices they made like this are kind of annoying.

I would be ok with this change if the token wouldn't have class restriction on it. It's not the end of the world though, usually half way to the tier, those tokens are vendored and you still hope the damned piece on the loot table will ever drop.

Ask tanks if they enjoyed seeing a token drop every week but never a damned shield on Warmaster Blackhorn in DS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oi vey. I agree with a previous poster. Double layer of rng is a bit much. Hopefully this clears up soon.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    With due respect, GMs don't make design decisions, so this doesn't mean it can't or won't change.