Prot Warrior Macro?

Hi there MMOChampions! I've been recently leveling my alt warrior and having a blast! I do however have a question for everyone. I feel like I have too many buttons to use, and wanted to know if there was any way to make a macro with my SS or REV to use heroic strike or cleave when I get my Ultimatum proc?

Let me know, I've been looking around and I cannot find anything. Also any other suggestions are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Soopa View Post
    Hi there MMOChampions! I've been recently leveling my alt warrior and having a blast! I do however have a question for everyone. I feel like I have too many buttons to use, and wanted to know if there was any way to make a macro with my SS or REV to use heroic strike or cleave when I get my Ultimatum proc?

Let me know, I've been looking around and I cannot find anything. Also any other suggestions are welcome
    No there is not to my knowledge.

You're better off leaving them separate. What I do is put hs/cleave on a shift modifier, so if it procs on multiple mobs, I'll hit shift and the key to cleave instead. Most macros are bad for warriors, except for a select few in this expansion:

charge/hleap
    damage CDs

That's more or less it.

Deleted
    #showtooltip Vigilance
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@mouseover] Vigilance

#showtooltip Intervene
    /stopcasting
    /cast [@mouseover] Intervene

These let you Vigilance/intervene the target that you mouseover.

#showtooltip Shield Slam
    /cancelaura Bladestorm
    /cancelaura Hand of Protection
    /cast Shield Slam

This one is nice for when you need to be HoP'ed during a fight. This is my standard SS button.

I know these aren't exactly what you where looking for but they might help you react faster which is very important on many fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Soopa View Post

If you play as a Prot I belive you are the tank. In this case I don't recomend you to use Heroic Strike nor Cleave, but Shield Barrier (20 rage) and Shield Block (60 rage) - those moves will surelly consume your rage. Just don't die and let the damage for the DPS.

I always use Demoralizing Shout, Shield Barrier and Spell Reflect on CD (and Mass Spell Reflection for emergency), so I created this "lazy macro":
    /use 10 [engineering stuff, give me more dodge]
    /cast Devastate
    /cast Demoralizing Shout
    /cast Shield Barrier
    /cast Spell Reflect

If you are an exotic player and want to play as Prot DPS use the Swifty combo of Glyphy of Shield Block to do more damage with you Shield Slam (many don't like him in this forum, but he is a good player afterall).
    Last edited by WarriorUndead; 2013-03-19 at 01:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorUndead View Post
    I always use Demoralizing Shout, Shield Barrier and Spell Reflect on CD (and Mass Spell Reflection for emergency), so I created this "lazy macro":
    Its not lazy, its just bad...
    Don't use it...

If you play as a Prot I belive you are the tank. In this case I don't recomend you to use Heroic Strike nor Cleave, but Shield Barrier (20 rage) and Shield Block (60 rage) - those moves will surelly consume your rage. Just don't die and let the damage for the DPS.

/cast Devastate
    /cast Demoralizing Shout
    /cast Shield Barrier
    /cast Spell Reflect

If you are an exotic player and want to play as Prot DPS use the Swifty combo of Glyphy of Shield Block to do more damage with you Shield Slam (many don't like him in this forum, but he is a good player afterall).
    That's a terrible macro. I can't think of any time I'd want that in my rotation. Everything in there needs a separate keybind.

/cast Devastate
    /cast Demoralizing Shout
    /cast Shield Barrier
    /cast Spell Reflect

This....is....so...bad...

Deleted
    1)
    #showtooltip
    /cast Recklessness
    /cast Skull Banner
    /cast Avatar
    /cast Bloodbath

You can add /use 13 (first slot) and/or /use 14 (second slot) if you happen to use on demand burst trinkets.

2)
    #showtooltip Dragon Roar
    /use Bloodbath
    /use Dragon Roar

Even works if you're not currently specced for bloodbath. Those two spells line up perfectly together, i can not remember any occassion in this expenasion when i wanted to hit them separately in PvE.

3)
    #showtooltip Enraged Regeneration
    /use Berserker Rage
    /use Enraged Regeneration

This way i can guarantee what ER is rage free (due to being enraged), but you should have at least berserker rage bound somewhere else as well - it's a decent dps boost and sometimes helps maintaining your active mitigation. I dislike to have to verify first that i'm enraged (either via power aura or watching for the buff) in a situation when i want/need to hit that button and with only 30s cooldown on Berserker Rage compared to 60s on Enraged Regeneration there's little that can go wrong.

4)
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@focus, harm, exists] Pummel; Pummel

Pummel my focus target if it's exist, is range and not friendly. Please be aware that you'll probably need to bind pummel along for fights like Council of Elders (ToT) or Protectors of the Endless (Terrace of the Endless) when you want to kick more than one target in range (without using Disrupting Shout for that).

5)
    #showtooltip Safeguard
    /cast [@focus, exists, noharm]Safeguard; Safeguard
    /cast [@focus, exists, noharm]Intervene; Intervene

Intervene/safeguard my focus target, i regulary have it on my co tank to watch his debuffs anyway. Please be aware that it will only intervene/safeguard your focus target so you'll probably want a second bind for occassions when you don't want to get to him (or: a hotkey for focus target drop) - eg. with stacks on Jin'Rokh or to help out a raid member on Lei-Shen with static shock during the intermission.

6)
    #showtooltip
    /cast !Heroic Leap

Probably the most crucial macro for any warrior, you won't lose the aiming circle while spamming it.

---

To WarriorUndead:
    I guess that macro is okay'ish for 5 mans when there are almost always casts flying around. But i can't recommend binding cooldowns for any raid situation, if you happen to have problems to remember them get some fancy weak- or powerauras to solve that problem. But there's really no reason to mindlessly spamming them and have nothing to push left for smaller bursts outside of your two bigger cooldowns. Imagine a boss gets big and angry for whatever reason, having the option to line up Last stand + demo shout into demo banner into shield wall + rallying cry gives you a so much bigger control over the whole, scary situation.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-03-19 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    1)
    To WarriorUndead:
    I guess that macro is okay'ish for 5 mans when there are almost always casts flying around. But i can't recommend binding cooldowns for any raid situation, if you happen to have problems to remember them get some fancy weak- or powerauras to solve that problem. But there's really no reason to mindlessly spamming them and have nothing to push left for smaller bursts outside of your two bigger cooldowns. Imagine a boss gets big and angry for whatever reason, having the option to line up Last stand + demo shout into demo banner into shield wall + rallying cry gives you a so much bigger control over the whole, scary situation.
    I use this for a pvp situation where there are more than 3 dps hitting on you (almost all the time, actually), it is no focused on pve, sorry for the lack of explanation.
    It usually works fine thinking on a group battle: enemies get damage reduction, CC on me are reflected and the shield barrier absorv the damage from the pets that I get aggro - then I freely run to the flag while my team finish the battle with this one button help. Like I said, just lazy

Deleted
    Spell Reflect will reflect the next cast directed at you and with several dps hitting on you that's regulary not any form of CC.

With demo banner placed mindlessly you give away one out of very few options to get out of root (via safeguard) when no other player is nearby. And having mobility coupled with your aoe crowd control via shockwave and piercing howl is actually a key tool to survive as a prot warrior (probably flag carrier?) in PvP.

In this case it's sadly not lazy, i've to go with the previous posters judgement on this one.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-03-19 at 07:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

/cast Devastate
    /cast Demoralizing Shout
    /cast Shield Barrier
    /cast Spell Reflect

You misunderstood OP's question. He wanted to know if the macro could work IF Ultimatum procced (free HS/Cleave off a SS). Unfortunately, OP, there is no way for macros to take aura's that you have into account. using a modifier might be your best bet and just hit that modifier when you want to burn the free HS/Cleave with that skill.