Thread: Ban DPS Metres

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    Oh look, it's "that reply". You know, the one that doesn't have any reading comprehension, and pulls out the same diatribe as if I said, "BLURKA BLURKA BAD DPS = KICK!", and finish with a smug "Case Closed/I showed him" remark.

Here, I'll make it easy for you.

Now, tell me. Where does it imply that I expect perfection, or above average performance? If your performance is comparative to your gear, and you know it, then there's no reason to be kicked for said performance in randoms. However, if you get kicked for your bad performance, and you just fall back on, "Obviously, it's other people's fault." when you have no understanding of your spec/class, then you're a child..
    You are wanting people do so good the dungeon runs take no time at all.

You are wanting people to know there class inside and out.

But you have yet to notice its a random dungeon run.

once more if you want a perfect run where the dps is pulling there max and the tank is chain pulling so fast you finish the dungeon under 10mins then you need to do a guild run or run with friends.

Reply's like yours come when you know I am right.

Hate to break it to you but player's don'y play to make you happy they play to make themselfs happy and will play at there own pace. don't like it do guild runs problem fixed.

Not everyone play's this game to know it inside and out some play it just to have fun be relaxed and learn as they go. not everybody looks things up on EJ nore should they have to.

The way I see it as long as the run gets finished in a decide amount of time I could care less. As long as we don't wipe due to low dps aka a enrage then I don't care.

And you can't enrage a boss in LFD Randoms only LFR.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-03-11 at 03:20 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

DPS record in WotLK without any artificial enhancements was over 50k on Patchwerk as arcane mage. No zone buff, nothing. There is no reason for a fresh 90 in greens to not be able to pull at least that, single-target.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    DPS record in WotLK without any artificial enhancements was over 50k on Patchwerk as arcane mage. No zone buff, nothing. There is no reason for a fresh 90 in greens to not be able to pull at least that, single-target.
    Please prove this cause even with the ICC buff mages was not even pulling 50k single target in ICC let alone when patchwerk was current in nax.

so where you pulled this number on single targets I got no clue.

But once more it is a RANDOM DUNGEON you want people to pull perfect numbers go do a guild run.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skill > Gear. If you're a competent player who knows how to play their class well, you'll be able to perform well enough to get into groups. Saying that dps meters keep people from being able to progress is completely foolish and stupid... Don't blame the meters for your inability to perform well enough to progress, blame yourself. Don't expect to get geared overnight without putting any real work in. Learn your class, learn your rotations, read guides, and practice. When I hit 90 on my Monk I was in full blues and was still able to land myself a top 5 spot on Recount everywhere I went because I was good at my class. Gear isn't a boundary, it's a reward for skill and work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adorich View Post
    I've played other mmos that don't have dps meters. It's so frustrating to be in a dungeon and know that something is wrong, but not know what or how to fix it. Dps meters are a tool that tells us what's wrong and helps players improve.

People exploit the kick feature all the time. After seeing a 3 guildee group kick a player, I asked why. Their response, "he smelled." Removing dps meters wouldn't improve the wow community, it'd just make it harder for players to improve.

Being kicked is a terrible feeling. Sometimes you just have to que again and hope for a better group.
    Needs of many outweight the needs of few. They have the right to kick you for whatever reason they see appropirate. It is highly immoral to do in such a way, you may have a grip with the reasoning that supported but you cannot prevent them from doing so.

Blizzard already puts an "Elitest standard" on players trying to do dungeons. This is the Ilvl req.

It is exactly to prevent people who cannot pull their weight from queueing.

The "Elitests" people are complaining about, just expect people to perform to atleast close to that Ilvl req.

If the OP was running a dmg meter, he could post how much he was doing, and then people could say "Its you, fix it" or "its them, ingore them"

Ilvl is a hard limitation, no ammount of skill will surpase your Ilvl, you can't play above it. Ilvl is your maximum potential. I'd like to see an addon that parsed WoL files and gave Ilvl based DPS suggestions people should fall into, then atleast people would know they are under performing.

I would never kick someone for having low Ilvl. I would kick them for not performing to their Ilvl(most days Id just carry them, but we all have bad days.).

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Welcome to randoms if you want a perfect run do it with friends or a guild.
    Perfect run is relative. I personally don't expect stellar performance but on the other hand I don't really feel like carrying someone who is idling or completely afk and I don't feel wrong to point those out and have them removed.
    this is pure bs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not the one to generally issue a kick, but if there is a justifiable reason behind the person issuing then I have no issue voting towards it. If I see someone try to kick another player for bad DPS... I look at the DPS and if I notice someone is doing 14k, then I will vote yes. There is absolutely no reason to do less than if someone was 85. If you're consistently being kicked for low DPS, try looking up some guides and fixing your playstyle.

This is not true. With the ICC buff, people were not pulling that much at 80. Top warriors cleaving during LK add phase were barely breaking 40k in BiS.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2013-03-11 at 03:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and paladins was able to 1 shot any boss if rogue would break 10+ worn daggers while hitting them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Perfect run is relative. I personally don't expect stellar performance but on the other hand I don't really feel like carrying someone who is idling or completely afk and I don't feel wrong to point those out and have them removed.
    there is a huge difference in not knowing your class so your pulling low dps or idling/afking in a dungeon.

Figure out the difference and stop kicking those who are not playing perfect.

As I said and the rule still stands if you want a smooth near perfect run where everyone knows there class inside and out. do a guild run and stay out of random dungeons/LFR.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    DPS meters are not the problem, it's either assholes using them, or you were playing bad, most of the time it's the bad part. thats the hard truth.

I recently leveled my old main to 90. A warrior playing as fury.
    I had no problem doing between 30 and 60k dps single target depending on rage gain. with half lvl 85 epics and quest blues / greens.

Not saying that to brag, i don't expect anyone doing that much dps, ive played a warrior since vanilla so i know the drill.

But 20-30k is the least you should do newly dinged with item level to enter heroics. doing lower than 20k will often get you kicked because you are simply not carrying your own weight in the group.

Tip:
    If you are following a guide on your class saying you need 7.5% hit and exp and you reforge to get that when you are entering dungeons to gear up you are doing it wrong. you don't need that much hit and exp to do dungeons. that's the raid cap, you don't need half that to be capped for heroic dungeons. so those stats reforged are all wasted and should be reforged to something else.

Tip2: Learn to AoE
    In dungeons its just AoE all the way. Use your AoE all the time when there are 3+ mobs alive. i often see people singletarget nuking in groups of mobs and their dps is often lower. (also see people aoe'ing 1 mob though, don't do that :-) )

Other than that, check out a guide for rotation and train at the Target dummy for a while and you will notice that your dps will eventually get higher when you learn how to do it.

You are wanting people do so good the dungeon runs take no time at all.

You are wanting people to know there class inside and out.
    I'll stop you right there, because you reaching so hard, that I'm afraid you might dislocate something.

Nowhere did I say that I expect a dungeon get finished quickly, or expected people to be expert at their class/spec. Anyone with half a brain or education above high school level, would see the myriad of times I promoted the acceptance of mediocrity between two posts, and else where, as I've said the same thing before. The child-like way you go about exaggerating my words is so completely laughable.

Replies (ftfy) like yours come when you know I am right.
    You're the only one that thinks that.

Not everyone play's this game to know it inside and out some play it just to have fun be relaxed and learn as they go. not everybody looks things up on EJ nore should they have to.
    That's fine, then don't come on forums and complain how random people were "mean". The same advice of, "Go play with guildies/friends if you don't like it." can be used for those people too.

I'll stop you right there, because you reaching so hard, that I'm afraid you might dislocate something.

Nowhere did I say that I expect a dungeon get finished quickly, or expected people to be expert at their class/spec. Anyone with half a brain or education above high school level, would see the myriad of times I promoted the acceptance of mediocrity between two posts, and else where, as I've said the same thing before. The child-like way you go about exaggerating my words is so completely laughable.

You're the only one that thinks that.

That's fine, then don't come on forums and complain how random people were "mean". The same advice of, "Go play with guildies/friends if you don't like it." can be used for those people too.
    As I said and it still stands don't like how random dungeon runs go or how people play/act in them DO A GUILD RUN. problem fixed

Nothing you can say will change this when it is a fact. you can call my words childish all you want but its the elitist pricks jumping into a random Q kicking people because they are not playing the way they want them to play that are childish.

Those jumping into randoms and kicking people because of low dps don't need to be in randoms with random people. you made it clear you don't like how people are in randoms pulling low dps and all so here is a simple fix.

DO A GUILD RUN.

No I'm not reaching hard its a fact don't like how randoms are don't do them

Many people say daily's are a choice well randoms are a choice as well don't like how they go ether get 4 friends/guild mates together and do them or don't do them at all.

Deleted
    dps meter's are good and mandatory.

there is a huge difference in not knowing your class so your pulling low dps or idling/afking in a dungeon.

Figure out the difference and stop kicking those who are not playing perfect.
    Well I usually try to actually differentiate although I am not overly generous regarding the definition of idling.

As I said and it still stands don't like how random dungeon runs go or how people play/act in them DO A GUILD RUN. problem fixed

Nothing you can say will change this when it is a fact. you can call my words childish all you want but its the elitist pricks jumping into a random Q kicking people because they are not playing the way they want them to play that are childish.

Those jumping into randoms and kicking people because of low dps don't need to be in randoms with random people. you made it clear you don't like how people are in randoms pulling low dps and all so here is a simple fix.

DO A GUILD RUN.

No I'm not reaching hard its a fact don't like how randoms are don't do them

Many people say daily's are a choice well randoms are a choice as well don't like how they go ether get 4 friends/guild mates together and do them or don't do them at all.
    ....Well, it's clear you're just going to type whatever you want to type. Go ahead, imagine I angrily typed how baddies should just quit the game, and should shut up if they are kicked, cause they probably deserved it.

No reason for me to put effort into reading and coming up with a response based on what I read, because you do neither. Shoot for the stars, kid.

....Well, it's clear you're just going to type whatever you want to type. Go ahead, imagine I angrily typed how baddies should just quit the game, and should shut up if they are kicked, cause they probably deserved it.

No reason for me to put effort into reading and coming up with a response based on what I read, because you do neither. Shoot for the stars, kid.
    and you call my reply childish......

just because you try to dismiss what I said dose not mean it is not a fact.

Don't like how Randoms are. Don't like that when you do them you got DPS pulling low numbers. How can you fix this problem without pissing someone off.

Do a guild/friend run.

Unless the guy in LFD/LFR is being a major troll or afk for awhile you got no right to kick them all your doing is abusing the kick system. You got no right to kick someone when they do not want to lissen to you tell them how to play there class. If the run is to slow u could you know....Do a friend/guild run.

This is a fact dismiss it as much as you want but that won't change that it is a 100% fact and a simple fix to your problem.

Please prove this cause even with the ICC buff mages was not even pulling 50k single target in ICC let alone when patchwerk was current in nax.

so where you pulled this number on single targets I got no clue.
    If Patch dies in like a couple seconds and the mage gets a good crit off, that makes his dps insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Patch dies in like a couple seconds and the mage gets a good crit off, that makes his dps insane.
    Top guilds were asking for a minimum of 5.5k dps on patchwerk to clear full achievement runs in preparation for Ulduar. Somehow, I'm a little lost on the scale between 5k and 50k. Standards must have been a little lower back then, eh?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

roflmao.

like I said mages didn't pull 50k dps back when patch was a current raid boss hell mages didn't pull 50k when ICC was current.

unless you cheated the recount chart like how you just said.

That didn't make his dps insane it just means all that all recount got was the 50k crit due to how fast the fight was over.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-03-11 at 04:17 AM.