Iron Qon - Ro'shak - Unleashed Flame Bugged?

Dungeon Journal says (for 25m):

Unleashed Flame – Ro'shak incinerates the largest cluster of enemies he can find, inflicting 2.100.000 Fire damage split evenly among targets within 10 yards. Discharging this flame relieves Ro'shak of 30 Molten Energy.There must be at least 5 targets clustered in order to get Ro'shak's attention.

So, unless 5 or more people are stacked in 10 yards, boss doesn't use the ability Unleashed Flame, instead, he keeps gaining Molten Energy. And you know, if he reaches max. Molten Energy, he casts Molten Overload, which means a wipe.

This is OK so far. But how come 2 people are killed by Unleashed Flame with 1.050.000 damage taken each? Is Blizzard failed again?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbreed View Post
    Dungeon Journal says (for 25m):

Unleashed Flame – Ro'shak incinerates the largest cluster of enemies he can find, inflicting 2.100.000 Fire damage split evenly among targets within 10 yards. Discharging this flame relieves Ro'shak of 30 Molten Energy.There must be at least 5 targets clustered in order to get Ro'shak's attention.

So, unless 5 or more people are stacked in 10 yards, boss doesn't use the ability Unleashed Flame, instead, he keeps gaining Molten Energy. And you know, if he reaches max. Molten Energy, he casts Molten Overload, which means a wipe.

This is OK so far. But how come 2 people are killed by Unleashed Flame with 1.050.000 damage taken each? Is Blizzard failed again?
    there's a 1-2 second delay on the meteor coming down so most likely its player in your raid failing at stacking and stacking up then spreading before the meteor hits.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    there's a 1-2 second delay on the meteor coming down so most likely its player in your raid failing at stacking and stacking up then spreading before the meteor hits.
    I don't really agree that because we were stable in melee range. Mostly melee dps dies because of that.

I don't really agree that because we were stable in melee range. Mostly melee dps dies because of that.
    If your raid is getting hit for millions, your simply allowing your stacks to get too high, or they are coming in too early w/o stacks dropping.

Lets assume you're doing the minimum and using only 5 people. Baseline without Scorched it will hit 5 people for 420,000.

With one stack of scorched, the second application becomes 525,000 per 5 before mitigation, CDs, etc.

With two stacks of scorched, the third application becomes 630,000. Then 735,000. Then 840,000. Then 945,000. Then 1,050,000.

For you to specifically hit 1,050,000 damage on two targets, those players are not allowing their stacks to reset before stacking up again. They are entering a new ability soak sitting at 6 stacks. Perhaps they are entering the new soak sitting at 4 stacks, surviving the 5th stack of 945k, and then the 6th stack (which would be everyone elses 2nd stack) is just gibbing them.

TL;DR Your melee are likely too slow to get out, eating an extra stack, and ranged aren't taking enough stacks to allow melee's stacks to drop.

Edit: And that's just with 5 people soaking, which isn't really viable. Assuming you have 8 people soaking like we do, our applications would go as follows (in order to hit 1,050,000 stacks)

262,500: 328,125: 393,750: 459,735: 525,000: 590,625: 656,250.... You get the idea. 7 stacks at 8 people soaking is still only 656k. Fatal, but nowhere near 1,050,000 damage that your melee are taking.

If you're using anything more than 5 like we are, your entire group is too slow. People (the players who are beyond the 5th person required to soak) are moving out, and 5 people are getting hit with an extra stack for being too close together and not dispersing. Thus, getting obliterated.

Edit 2: I've talked myself into a circle, and repeated the same thing in different ways. I was just going to edit the entire body, but I'll leave it there as it was my thoughts at the time. Your strategy is for the melee group to go to 5 stacks, right? As soon as that 5th application goes out, every melee needs to disperse into proper groups of 4 or less. Someone is making one of the groups a group of 5, and triggering a 6th stack that will hit for the total you described.
    Last edited by Shaley; 2013-03-10 at 03:34 AM.

Let's see, we're doing this with 3 groups, 8 people each.

First group get 2 stacks then spread, second group gets 2 stacks then spread, melee stacks with NO DEBUFF and 2 people dies in melee range by 1.050.000 damage taken each, rest of melee neither gets damage nor gets stacks.

I think this one is a bug.

Let's see, we're doing this with 3 groups, 8 people each.

First group get 2 stacks then spread, second group gets 2 stacks then spread, melee stacks with NO DEBUFF and 2 people dies in melee range by 1.050.000 damage taken each, rest of melee neither gets damage nor gets stacks.

I think this one is a bug.
    Not sure, then. The only time our melee ever died is when they were too slow to get out, leaving 5 people stacked and getting smashed.

Perhaps your stack isn't condensed enough? I noticed in 10 (which requires 3 people) on one attempt we only had 2 people get hit. The meteor was targetted on the person furthest out of the stack at that time I believe and somehow missed one of the people.

Deleted
    You also get Scorched debuff from the flame spreading from the spear. Could it be that those two melee stood in the fireTM prior to stacking for meteor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korpi View Post
    You also get Scorched debuff from the flame spreading from the spear. Could it be that those two melee stood in the fireTM prior to stacking for meteor?
    This is not true. You get a different debuff from the fire on the ground (a DoT). Scorched only comes from Unleashed Flame.