Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm not too sure what your issue is. Out of all of the content that I have seen, from TBC to MoP, MoP is the easiest to gear and prepare for raids in. I recently came back to the game - entirely sick of my Druid - so created a new character from scratch. As a healer, I levelled through the content primarily be questing. On the same day that I hit level 90 (with a first character), I completed the raid finder version of MSV (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ianette/simple).

Though you say you don't want to spend a bit of gold to purchase BoEs, I actually recommend doing so - you should have made enough gold from levelling to afford one or two items which tend to run around 1-2 k. With these in hand, you'll not only find your role easier to fulfil but you are getting closer to the loot galore of 5.0 LFR content in 5.2. Make sure you take down the Sha world boss in order to get the quest - this provides you with a nice pair of boots without too much effort. Aside from that, run heroics. I had terrible luck and still managed to scrape together what was required to go from an item level of around 445 to 460 in a six or seven hour play session on a Sunday afternoon that wasn't really devoted towards running instances.

Hitting 470 should follow swiftly afterwards due to how kind MSV LFR appears to be in dishing out loot now. If you find yourself lacking a few points, try purchasing BoE crafted PvP items which are going to provide you with the largest item level jump. Don't equip them but keep them in your back to boost your ilvl. Sign up for raids and once you get new items which increase your item level, sell the PvP gear again on the AH. This helped me get to the 470 I needed for HoF and ToES. If you do this as a tank or healer, be prepared to play better in order to compensate cheating the system.

Good luck!

Deleted
    If you can farm JP efficiently through heroics, you can convert them to HP and buy 476 ilvl pvp items. They have as much stats as 476 pve ones ( I think). Other than that, you just need to a tiny bit lucky on LFR.

Deleted
    Probably most of this has already been said over the course of 13 pages, i just want to give my two cents anways:

- hit 90
    - cap all relevant points each week (valor and conquest, the latter will help you closing some gaps with 493 items in a week or two and it's guaranteed "drops" what makes it clearly superior for catching up)
    - beat all possible content (sha and new equivalent as soon as he's avaible, galleon and oondasta if you manage to find them and of course: run all parts of lfr, reputations as long as it's relevant)
    - if you have some gold to spare buy boes (worlddrops are regulary far more expensive than crafted gear, 496 chest/gloves should help you getting started)

Don't forget:
    a) you can get full 476 gear (excluding weapons, those are only 470 and regulary worse than equivalent pve gear due to pvp power instead of second secondary stat) from semi-afking 'erm' playing battle grounds and this also allows you to run into all t14 lfrs as well.
    b) you can run lfr as dps and just specc tank/healer inside the instance do get appropriate loot without hurting the raid to much.

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    You can still grind your way to raid entry gear, it just means dailies and LFR instead of just running heroics (its still grinding just in a different way and before you say its a dumb way to grind some people may not have enjoyed the endless dungeons to grind gear). Not to mention the further along we get in MOP the easier it gets to gear (just like every expansion).

Really things are getting easier, the start of MOP was heavily gated but it was only a month in before they relaxed the rep required for gear and now there is a rep tied to a raid so no more dailies for the best gear.
    You can't compare dungeons and LFR/Dailies like that. Dungeons are repeatable and the only limit to how much you can run them is your sanity. LFR and dailies are limited to once a week/day.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    You can't compare dungeons and LFR/Dailies like that. Dungeons are repeatable and the only limit to how much you can run them is your sanity. LFR and dailies are limited to once a week/day.
    You can run LFR as many time as you want...and can get loot chance as many times as you have coins.

I ran HOF2 12 times this weekend trying to get my claw off Empress...47th time was finally the charm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    All those options suck. Running heroics to get gear for LFR is an rng crap shoot. Let's say you accomplish it though. It just leaves you forced to run dailies. Or be stuck with RNG from lfr (which is limited to once a week). Or grind out loosing bgs for honor gear.

The combination of above SUCKS. Few of those options are guaranteed to pay out and the ones that are are massive unrewarding grinds. That's JUST to get to current lfr. Never mind the massive grind once you get to current lfr and current gear lvl.
    Why do you want to get gear in the first place? If you don't like heroics, BGs, Raiding, LFR, Dailies... is there really a point to getting better gear?

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    You can run LFR as many time as you want...and can get loot chance as many times as you have coins.

I ran HOF2 12 times this weekend trying to get my claw off Empress...47th time was finally the charm
    And how do you get coins? Dailies? Loot scenario? Plus the fact coins are just an extra roll, its a stupid Lot of RNG and time-consumming camping and time-constricted daily quests for just an approximation of spammable dungeons.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

its pretty easy did it in 5.1 with my dk(didn't use the upgrade function and it was on a new realm so i didn't had to much gold to spend). did heroics. and bought some cheap epics. till i could do lfr. did all of lfr every week. and spend all my coins every week. and i pvped a bit to get drops where i was unlucky with. don't really see a problem with it.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 05:09 PM ----------

And how do you get coins? Dailies? Loot scenario? Plus the fact coins are just an extra roll, its a stupid Lot of RNG and time-consumming camping and time-constricted daily quests for just an approximation of spammable dungeons.
    and now its bad to spend time on your char?? its a mmo. its not some rpg you trow away after 10 hours of playing..

I have several 90's and not a single one had any issues with getting the needed ilevel to enter the first part of LFR. I dedicated two toon to get to 470 and it took me less then a week. I'd get more to 470 but I enjoy levelling more then I do running LFR on multiple toons so that's what I do in my spare time. If somebody can't figure out how to get to 470 then I think they really need to go play solitaire as this game is obviously too complicated for them.

Deleted
    You don't get them from dailies anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    Because to buy valor items now you have to grind dailies, which are boring.Oh and grind the same dungeons over and over since they aren't gonna add new ones for the whole expansion.
    You do realize you get VP from not only heroics, but also the scenarios, raids (450 VP from MSV, HoF and ToES LFRs), recently rare mobs, and the very dailies you are opposed to so much. And the 522 VP necklace doesn't need any rep and will boost your ilvl to stratosphere on week 2 after getting 90 (1250VP). And for the next piece, you should have enough rep (Golden Lotus or the Krasarang Faction) by the time you have enough VP, even if you don't do the quests every day. And if you're gearing an alt, you get honored shado-pan and revered klaxxi by normal quests alone, no dailies... And other factions are quite quick then too, especially if you run for the daily heroic/scenario rep bonus...

You could grind your way to raid entry gear. You can't do that now because it's gated. Back then you Could run dungeons as much as You wanted and could gear up as fast as you wanted too.
    This was actually my point - you can do just that. You can run endless heroics just as well as you could run the ICC heroics... With more diversity even. Relatively to the raid content, you'd be getting the same level gear.

What do you want? The ability to go up to a vendor and demand loot?

I really hate saying it...but perhaps a non-P2P game isn't for you.

RNG has and always will have it's place in MMOs...well at least this one.

You have over 450 ilvl so you can do Heroics.

Do those to bump your ilvl up to 460 (5H drops 463) and then start doing Raid Finder.

LFR drops 476 and you need 470 to access the later raids. Gear up from LFR. Grind out dailies to get rep - if you finish Klaxxi and Golden Lotus, you get a quest for a FREE 489. With the new commendation, it takes longer to hit revered from honored than it does to hit exalted from revered.

Another thing you can do is grind out the 5.1 faction. The VP items are cheaper than they were and are ilvl 496, giving you a bigger boost.

Assuming you get that 470 ilvl, you can now access the higher raids which drop 483 (LFR) items. HOWEVER - if you're at 470, you're geared enough to go into regular raids and not be "carried".

Still, if you max 483 in every slot, you are officially caught up. You can join people on the Isle of Thunder and next week you can do the LFR for the current raid. Heck, if you blitz to the Isle of Thunder and sprint to Taran Zhu, assuming you have 1750 VP, you can get yourself a free 522 ilvl Neck, and skip Golden Lotus dailies all together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    What do you want? The ability to go up to a vendor and demand loot?

I really hate saying it...but perhaps a non-P2P game isn't for you.

RNG has and always will have it's place in MMOs...well at least this one.
    Actually that is what they want. Spam HCs, buy tier gear from VP vendor, sit about SW/Org complaining about lack of content. Y'know, the fantastic Cataclysm gearing model which was so well received at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Actually that is what they want. Spam HCs, buy tier gear from VP vendor, sit about SW/Org complaining about lack of content. Y'know, the fantastic Cataclysm gearing model which was so well received at the time.
    Ahem, no need to be condescending. I didnt complain in Cataclysm, I actually really liked that model.

But to get to the point, what I want is new heroics that give 489-496 gear when we hit patch 5.4 which would also be a nice change of scenery for when you cap valor along with new challenge modes. And I could have my alts in decent gear as well. If you take into consideration that 5.4 tier gear will be in the 560 ilvls and higher, its really not asking much. I dont see how it could be detrimental to the game either.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    My journey through WoW started in vanilla, stopped, came to BC, stopped, came to WotLK and played till the first month or so of cata, and stopped. Now Im back. I think the only reason why I went through WotLK was because I felt I could progress in ICC, which was fantastic. It was my first "current" raid. I even made it 11/12 normal which may be nothing to you all, but it was a huge feat for me. Sindragosa was a little shit.

So here I am. I pretty much played nonstop and leveled a monk to 90 in two weeks or so with no heirlooms. Fun class, I just feel so squishy compared to my plate tanks Im used to. Im trying to gear up, a lot.

I went from i442 iirc to i454 which is a good start, but I dont have the money to drop on boe's and I dont have the valor to purchase. And on top of that -- its so hard to come by. Not complaining, I know thats the point of it. The reason why we get like 500 JP in a dungeon vs. 40-80 VP or whatever.

I just dont get why I cant buy justice gear to get into raids? It confuses me. Correct me if Im wrong but in ICC, heroics dropped i200 epics. Then you would buy JP and get I think i232 or 245 gear. This could of course get you into TOC and the others. But now JP cant even get you into LFR - the lowest difficulty of raiding, and Im just confused. Getting ready to raid took a day or two before hopping into even practice raids like Naxx or Ulduar.

Now Im farming dailies and shit (only did the dailies at the NE corner of IC iirc), and am probably going to get better gear from there than heroics and JP. And rep is so hard to come by. Holy shit. Before I could slap on a tabard and called me exalted in a bit.

People say that WoW got casual friendly, but is there a possibility that its not casual friendly as WotLK, or am I just way too nostalgiac and its blurring my memory?

edit --- extremely relevant signature :|
    Yeah, you have to work for things now as opposed to just getting everything so easily. If you don't want to put in the effort to even get gear from heroics, why should Blizzard try putting you in a situation where you're harming other players?

Deleted
    Ahem, no need to be condescending. I didnt complain in Cataclysm, I actually really liked that model.

But to get to the point, what I want is new heroics that give 489-496 gear when we hit patch 5.4 which would also be a nice change of scenery for when you cap valor along with new challenge modes. And I could have my alts in decent gear as well. If you take into consideration that 5.4 tier gear will be in the 560 ilvls and higher, its really not asking much. I dont see how it could be detrimental to the game either.
    I'm not being condescending. The Cataclysm model did see many players, more than the amount complaining about the current model, moan about having nothing to do in SW/Org. Fact is, if you are being objective, the model which you liked was too fast and had to be changed. Now, I'm not suggesting MoP gear progression is all roses- it can certainly do with some clarity and streamlining- but the practice of feeding epics to fresh level capped players so they were raid worthy in a couple of nights wasn't working.

I wish someone from Blizzard is seeing this thread.

They are catering the game to a bunch of elitists special snowflakes that are constantly telling people with valid complaints to stop playing the game.

Cataclysm was the worst expansion ever because it catered to the special snowflakes for half of it, LFR saved WoW in cataclysm.

Now they are doing the exact same mistake, and the first quarter MoP already lost as many subs as the first quarter of Cataclysm.

WoW turned in World of Dailycraft, and with the difficulty of ToT, they will destroy at leat 1/4 of the remaining normal raiding guilds, coupled with some stupid decisions (Elder charms only available from the new island? How stupid can Blizzard be?) the next quarter will bring even more epic sub loss.

I'm sad because of it, i would prefer no one leaving because that would mean that we get WoW back and we stop with this World of Dailycraft crap.

Around 15 days till my annual pass runs out, and i will have to make a decision. If this continues like this, i dont think i will continue (my raid group is already breaking).

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 02:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    I'm not being condescending. The Cataclysm model did see many players, more than the amount complaining about the current model, moan about having nothing to do in SW/Org. Fact is, if you are being objective, the model which you liked was too fast and had to be changed. Now, I'm not suggesting MoP gear progression is all roses- it can certainly do with some clarity and streamlining- but the practice of feeding epics to fresh level capped players so they were raid worthy in a couple of nights wasn't working.
    It was working.

What wasnt working is the stupid slow amount of content production Blizzard had.

Cataclysm spent too many resources in olod world revamp, and therefore had little to do, that was real.

That DOESN'T MEAN that the little things to be done were bad. Cataclysm model didnt fail, what failed was ONLY developing what they developed in Cataclysm, which is very different.

Cataclysm had little content, that was a mistake, the mistake was NOT the content Cata had, but the LACK of other content beside that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    I wish someone from Blizzard is seeing this thread.

They are catering the game to a bunch of elitists special snowflakes that are constantly telling people with valid complaints to stop playing the game.

Cataclysm was the worst expansion ever because it catered to the special snowflakes for half of it, LFR saved WoW in cataclysm.

Now they are doing the exact same mistake, and the first quarter MoP already lost as many subs as the first quarter of Cataclysm.

WoW turned in World of Dailycraft, and with the difficulty of ToT, they will destroy at leat 1/4 of the remaining normal raiding guilds, coupled with some stupid decisions (Elder charms only available from the new island? How stupid can Blizzard be?) the next quarter will bring even more epic sub loss.

I'm sad because of it, i would prefer no one leaving because that would mean that we get WoW back and we stop with this World of Dailycraft crap.

Around 15 days till my annual pass runs out, and i will have to make a decision. If this continues like this, i dont think i will continue (my raid group is already breaking).

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 02:42 PM ----------

It was working.

What wasnt working is the stupid slow amount of content production Blizzard had.

Cataclysm spent too many resources in olod world revamp, and therefore had little to do, that was real.

That DOESN'T MEAN that the little things to be done were bad. Cataclysm model didnt fail, what failed was ONLY developing what they developed in Cataclysm, which is very different.

Cataclysm had little content, that was a mistake, the mistake was NOT the content Cata had, but the LACK of other content beside that.
    Rapid consummation of the existing content most certainly had an effect. Both this and content production have been addressed.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    It's not nearly as easy to gear up as it was in wotlk and cata. In fact it's a pain in the ass for returning players
    Nah, it's really the same or even easier as now you can buy gear in the bmah, mostly for the same price as the ah. Gladly is not as easy as wotlk tho.